Page 15 of 72 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 712

Thread: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains why

  1. #141
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Nice turnaround AS..if i make enough rope...will you allow me to hang myself??
    Here - let me craft a nice woven rope of J6/1-3/1 for you out of titanium.

    It'll be an artistic flair.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #142
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Because their complaints are legitimate 95% of the time.

    There is no evidence its just.... """""""" I JUST *KNOW* """"""

    The problem is made worse by people claiming racism without nary a bit of evidence that racism exists.
    Genius Grant Recipient Explains Why Black Americans Are Paid Less - Business Insider

    Black Canadians paid less on average than whites: study - The Globe and Mail

    Top Stories - Black Americans Given Longer Sentences than White Americans for Same Crimes - AllGov - News

    Race variation in jail sentences, study suggests | Law | The Guardian

    4 studies found in 20 seconds. No evidence. Lolz.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    That's hilarious.

    Just because there are prominent black people in these positions does not automatically erase racism.


    I didn't know that Hollywood stars speak for entire peoples.
    No, it doesn't erase racism. That is what I am saying. That despite the fact that there is countless evidence of numerous blacks who have succeeded in the world to become the top intellectuals, financial, political and all other types... racism still exists. Even in the most liberal and equalitarian driven places in the world, racism surfaces. Because it is inherent in human nature. You can never get rid of it because it is an essential part of human nature.

    And while I do agree that movie stars and other such people don't speak for entire populations, they do however represent a perception that is embraced by a lot of people. And that notion is that everywhere you go, there is racism. Everywhere. Even in the most equalitarianly ideological places with the most liberals and what naught. There is still racism and it makes life hard, every single day. This means that racism > ideology and that can usually happen when it is a natural drive. Which is quite impressive because honestly, humans, if they put their minds to it, and focus, can resist hunger of days on end and make hunger strikes, can ignore pain, cold and fatique to a large degree. But not racism. Racism is so deeply imbedded in human nature and in what it means to be human, that if ever divorce ourselves from it, we destroy our very humanity.

    That is the only logical conclusion from all the avalanche of racism and such things that gets thrown around every single god damned time something happens to someone who is black.

  4. #144
    Is Idiot Supreme
    Davo The Mavo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    11-08-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,999

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Im sorry...... You are supposed to expect me to agree that it is okay for a black guy born in 1987 to hear about his Dad's experience and act as if it happened to him and allow that to mold how he views the world around him?

    You are supposed to make your own god damned experiences...........This is EXACTLY where the continued problem will lie, people teaching their kids to resent "the white man" for reasons that they shouldn't have, just because their worthless parents had it.

    Ditto and the same for ignorant racist whites teaching their children to hate blacks for no goddamn reason.
    I honestly expect nothing from you. You have firmly established your opinion . . . it is now up to the reader to decide if it is of substance.

  5. #145
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Conservatives don't really understand the term 'generational effects'. They feel that if one guy can make it out of poverty, so can everyone else and the rest is moot. 300 years of slavery, Jim Crow and government imposed poverty done away with in 1964. Lolz.
    What's funny is that we are all STILL being affected by things like the Enlightenment, the Crusades, the creation of the Bible and so on - things that happened way before American slavery and Jim Crow. The idea that recent history is something to "get over" or that it isn't affecting people in real ways is beyond irrational. It's just willful ignorance, at the end of the day. Some people dismiss the stories that they don't want to hear.

  6. #146
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    I'm not talking about people complaining about racism without evidence. My point was that complaints of racism are often brushed under the rug simply because society in general is too afraid to open the can of worms, even though that can of worms is rather large and hindering progress.
    Bull**** dude....

    Complaints of racism are taken at face value without evidence.....

    Jena 6...... The "Toilet paper in a bucket that looked like a noose in a broom closet at UNC"....... The Duke Lacrosse case........ George Zimmerman the evil racist black kid killer..........
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #147
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Here's what you don't understand: Sixty years ago, the Japanese were the most hated race in America, now they are the richest race in America. So much for your "generational effects."
    They were hated for what? 6 years? That's 1/5th of a generation. Call me back when they were enslaved for 200 years.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #148
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    No, it doesn't erase racism. That is what I am saying. That despite the fact that there is countless evidence of numerous blacks who have succeeded in the world to become the top intellectuals, financial, political and all other types... racism still exists. Even in the most liberal and equalitarian driven places in the world, racism surfaces. Because it is inherent in human nature. You can never get rid of it because it is an essential part of human nature.

    And while I do agree that movie stars and other such people don't speak for entire populations, they do however represent a perception that is embraced by a lot of people. And that notion is that everywhere you go, there is racism. Everywhere. Even in the most equalitarianly ideological places with the most liberals and what naught. There is still racism and it makes life hard, every single day. This means that racism > ideology and that can usually happen when it is a natural drive. Which is quite impressive because honestly, humans, if they put their minds to it, and focus, can resist hunger of days on end and make hunger strikes, can ignore pain, cold and fatique to a large degree. But not racism. Racism is so deeply imbedded in human nature and in what it means to be human, that if ever divorce ourselves from it, we destroy our very humanity.

    That is the only logical conclusion from all the avalanche of racism and such things that gets thrown around every single god damned time something happens to someone who is black.
    Okay fine, so what is your point? That because racism is embedded in ourselves that we don't do something about it?


  9. #149
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    I understand, you said it as if all black people do that, you should have worded it better.
    I wasn't the one who worded it.... because I didn't post the comment, just responded to your response.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #150
    Is Idiot Supreme
    Davo The Mavo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    11-08-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,999

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Bull**** dude....

    Complaints of racism are taken at face value without evidence.....

    Jena 6...... The "Toilet paper in a bucket that looked like a noose in a broom closet at UNC"....... The Duke Lacrosse case........ George Zimmerman the evil racist black kid killer..........
    Again, Whites have it so bad . . . besides . . . most of that news is so last week . . . get over it.

Page 15 of 72 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •