Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: European court condemns CIA in landmark ruling

  1. #11
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: European court condemns CIA in landmark ruling

    Judicial activism is big in Europe, I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: European court condemns CIA in landmark ruling

    Oh no, I will grant you that, it did not start with mr.obama. Nope in fact there was someone bragging about obama's prowess as a mighty
    soldier in the fact he expanded the use of drones and killing of our enemies on their streets some time back and they were reminded most of
    that infastructure and much of those aircraft were in fact built under GW. Its just safe to note we don't torture people any more - we just
    kill them - even if it means knocking off a few innocents along the way - and hey American nationals can get taken down the same way you
    know - its happened!


    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman24 View Post
    This practice did not start with Obama if you remember. Probably not though convenient denial

  3. #13
    Demented Lycanthropist
    wolfman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East Waboo USA
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: European court condemns CIA in landmark ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    Oh no, I will grant you that, it did not start with mr.obama. Nope in fact there was someone bragging about obama's prowess as a mighty
    soldier in the fact he expanded the use of drones and killing of our enemies on their streets some time back and they were reminded most of
    that infastructure and much of those aircraft were in fact built under GW. Its just safe to note we don't torture people any more - we just
    kill them - even if it means knocking off a few innocents along the way - and hey American nationals can get taken down the same way you
    know - its happened!
    I do not remember any one bringing up the big O before you. If there was the point is still the same.
    "Those who do not learn from history and condemned to relive it".

    "There are those who will debate the necessity of wilderness, I will not, either you know it in your bones or you are very very old". Aldo Leopold - Sand County Almanac

  4. #14
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: European court condemns CIA in landmark ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman24 View Post
    This practice did not start with Obama if you remember. Probably not though convenient denial
    He heavily expanded it though and has seemingly involved Americans as targets. So it's hard to deflect this one to bush, especially when we consider that according to polling the majority of progressives and democrats now support the program

  5. #15
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: European court condemns CIA in landmark ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Judicial activism is big in Europe, I see.
    Violation of human rights and civil liberties abroad is a big practice of the US i see...


  6. #16
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: European court condemns CIA in landmark ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Violation of human rights and civil liberties abroad is a big practice of the US i see...
    It's an even bigger practice by other countries, who I would bet escaped the attention of this human rights court.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: European court condemns CIA in landmark ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    Well we should appaud mr.obama for stopping this nonsense of kidnapping and torturing anyone in our
    war on terror - he just kills them by remote controll using a drone instead. Does that fit the "progressive"
    term many think apply to him?
    Nice job of turning this into another bash Obama thread. Hey, look on the positive side. You've only got another month or so until President Romney is sworn in and all of those evil drone strikes stop!
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  8. #18
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: European court condemns CIA in landmark ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's an even bigger practice by other countries, who I would bet escaped the attention of this human rights court.
    Hmmm like what countries is that? Sudan? Syria? Iraq? Russia? If so, does that make these practices right and justifiable?


  9. #19
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: European court condemns CIA in landmark ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    I would love to sympathise with the European court of human rights but since they are a joke and have absolutely no credibility what so ever in my book, I have to just go "meh" and accept that the CIA know what they are doing. At least they are doing something, unlike the ECHR who just take one stupid measure after another.
    The Securitate claimed they knew what they where doing when they imprisoned and tortured the innocent also. And we no for certain that they do not when we look at cases like Mozam Beg's and Binyamin Mohammed's.

  10. #20
    Demented Lycanthropist
    wolfman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East Waboo USA
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: European court condemns CIA in landmark ruling

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    He heavily expanded it though and has seemingly involved Americans as targets. So it's hard to deflect this one to bush, especially when we consider that according to polling the majority of progressives and democrats now support the program
    So the only answer is one or the other. Bull****. How about both.
    "Those who do not learn from history and condemned to relive it".

    "There are those who will debate the necessity of wilderness, I will not, either you know it in your bones or you are very very old". Aldo Leopold - Sand County Almanac

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •