Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 91

Thread: Anti-abortion dry cleaner puts message on his wire coat hangers

  1. #61
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Anti-abortion dry cleaner puts message on his wire coat hangers

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    No emotional appeal whatsoever, just fact.
    Liar, liar:

    They didn't have to. No one made them be monsters. They chose to be monsters.
    Hahahaha - your opinion is not a fact.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #62
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Anti-abortion dry cleaner puts message on his wire coat hangers

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Hahahaha - your opinion is not a fact.
    Well aware of that. The fact remains.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Anti-abortion dry cleaner puts message on his wire coat hangers

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Well aware of that. The fact remains.
    Fact remains of what? You think it's a fact that women who have abortions are monsters. That's not a fact, it's an opinion.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #64
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Anti-abortion dry cleaner puts message on his wire coat hangers

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Fact remains of what? You think it's a fact that women who have abortions are monsters. That's not a fact, it's an opinion.
    No, I don't. That is an opinion.

    The fact is that they kill innocent human beings in cold blood. If your opinion is that such people are not monsters, then I disagree, but I suppose you're entitled to illogical opinions.

  5. #65
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Anti-abortion dry cleaner puts message on his wire coat hangers

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    Aren't you actively suppressing like minded views by calling his view point/actions dumb? Isn't demeaning opposing views a form a suppression?
    How is countering an opinion with another opinion a form of suppression?It's not like he put a ball gag in in the other guys mouth.That would be suppression.Insulting an other persons views may be rude,but it is perfectly legal.Einzige is not forcing anyone else to accept his insult as their own personal point of view.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Anti-abortion dry cleaner puts message on his wire coat hangers

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    No, I don't. That is an opinion.

    The fact is that they kill innocent human beings in cold blood. If your opinion is that such people are not monsters, then I disagree, but I suppose you're entitled to illogical opinions.
    Utter nonsense, killing in cold blood means you have no emotion when committing the killing (i.e. cruelly). As you have no idea what emotions a woman actually goes through before/when/after having an abortion, claiming that they are doing it in cold blood is easily proven to be false.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #67
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Anti-abortion dry cleaner puts message on his wire coat hangers

    Nope, sorry. Killing "in cold blood' refers to the premeditated nature of the homicide.

  8. #68
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Anti-abortion dry cleaner puts message on his wire coat hangers

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    Aren't you actively suppressing like minded views by calling his view point/actions dumb? Isn't demeaning opposing views a form a suppression?
    No. It says I have to add more but there really is no point when the argument is so weak.

  9. #69
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Anti-abortion dry cleaner puts message on his wire coat hangers

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Nope, sorry. Killing "in cold blood' refers to the premeditated nature of the homicide.
    Hahaha. The 'facts' once again elude you.

    in cold blood - definition in British English Dictionary & Thesaurus - Cambridge Dictionary Online

    If someone kills in cold blood, they kill in a way that seems especially cruel because they show no emotion.
    in cold blood - Idioms - by the Free Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

    in cold blood
    Fig. without feeling; with cruel intent. (Frequently said of a crime, especially murder.)
    in cold blood
    if you do something, especially kill someone, in cold blood, you do it in a way which is cruel because you plan it and do it without emotion
    in cold blood
    intentionally and without emotion
    What does in cold blood mean? definition, meaning and pronunciation (Free English Language Dictionary)

    Dictionary entry overview: What does in cold blood mean?

    • IN COLD BLOOD (adverb)
    The adverb IN COLD BLOOD has 2 senses:

    1. in a cold-blooded manner
    2. in a cold unemotional manner
    Every single definition of 'in cold blood' shows it to mainly mean an unemotional manner with some (one definition but we'll call it 'some' just to throw you a bone) adding in premeditation. Maybe you should reacquaint yourself with the idioms of the English language?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #70
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Anti-abortion dry cleaner puts message on his wire coat hangers

    Deliberately, ruthlessly. As opposed to emotionally, in the heat of the moment, a crime of passion. Sorry you don't understand basic English turns of phrase.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •