Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 58 of 58

Thread: Students in West Virginia School forced to stand for Black National Anthem

  1. #51
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 12:34 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,888

    Re: Students in West Virginia School forced to stand for Black National Anthem

    Quote Originally Posted by waas View Post
    "under god" remember?
    You can mail me all your greenbacks so you aren't disenfranchised.


  2. #52
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,487

    Re: Students in West Virginia School forced to stand for Black National Anthem

    Quote Originally Posted by waas View Post
    "under god" remember?
    So because it has those two words you throw out the meaning of the whole song.

    What your life must be like.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Riding a tapir
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,432
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Students in West Virginia School forced to stand for Black National Anthem

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    You can mail me all your greenbacks so you aren't disenfranchised.

    Money is government food that turns us in to slaves of instinct.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Riding a tapir
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,432
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Students in West Virginia School forced to stand for Black National Anthem

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    So because it has those two words you throw out the meaning of the whole song.

    What your life must be like.
    The problem isn't that this country was founded on religious values, but that these values are still associated with the government.

  5. #55
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Students in West Virginia School forced to stand for Black National Anthem

    Quote Originally Posted by waas View Post
    The problem isn't that this country was founded on religious values, but that these values are still associated with the government.
    Yes it was founded on religious values, but not the religious values of the school principal. There is a very important difference between the founding fathers and the principal of that school.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Riding a tapir
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,432
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Students in West Virginia School forced to stand for Black National Anthem

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    Yes it was founded on religious values, but not the religious values of the school principal. There is a very important difference between the founding fathers and the principal of that school.
    And what is that? Both were accountable parties that screwed up in a position of power.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Students in West Virginia School forced to stand for Black National Anthem

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    So would it be ok if a song were played that was well known to be a white supremacy song that had quite harmless lyrics? It's the double standards I have a problem with. Why should there be black history month, asian history month, latino history month etc, but white history month would be racist?
    What about a flag that is the symbol of racism in the south and white supremacy? before you start saying things like that be sure there is not some symbol of prejudice white racists claim is just a symbol despite clearly having racial overtones and being used by a number of white power people.

    After reading the lyrics i have a hard time thinking that is some sort of black national anthem. That sounds like the sort of prejudiced emotionally charged language that would come from right wing propaganda sites like stormfront. This is probably why i don't expect reliable news from stormfront.

  8. #58
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,588

    Re: Students in West Virginia School forced to stand for Black National Anthem

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    What about a flag that is the symbol of racism in the south and white supremacy? before you start saying things like that be sure there is not some symbol of prejudice white racists claim is just a symbol despite clearly having racial overtones and being used by a number of white power people.

    After reading the lyrics i have a hard time thinking that is some sort of black national anthem. That sounds like the sort of prejudiced emotionally charged language that would come from right wing propaganda sites like stormfront. This is probably why i don't expect reliable news from stormfront.
    If a school were to hang up a confederacy flag on school grounds for anything other than a lesson, then that would be just as bad of a problem.

    If someone wants to put that flag on their truck, or someone else wants to sing this anthem on their own time, that's fine. Forcing either of these things on students in school is disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •