Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Hawaii protected from devious Chrisitan concert

  1. #1
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    675

    Hawaii protected from devious Chrisitan concert

    Lawsuit threat cancels Christmas concert - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

    "A threatened lawsuit had put a halt to what's become a Christmas tradition for members of the Moanalua High School orchestra.

    For the past six years, the award-winning group and volunteers from the New Hope Church have raised more than $200,000 for a charity that treats poor people in Africa."

    Boy, that was close. Thank you Hawaii Citizens for the Separation of State and Church for saving our Constitutional values.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    01-16-14 @ 05:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,431

    Re: Hawaii protected from devious Chrisitan concert

    Evidently the HS Orchestra puts on a Xmas concert with HS students and using the HS auditorium, yet all the proceeds go to a local church.

  3. #3
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    675

    Re: Hawaii protected from devious Chrisitan concert

    Indeed. All that money to Africa was certainly a threat.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    01-16-14 @ 05:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,431

    Re: Hawaii protected from devious Chrisitan concert

    Not the point, is it. How much you want to bet that African charity, if it exists, is a New Hope Church?

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    01-16-14 @ 05:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,431

    Re: Hawaii protected from devious Chrisitan concert

    I bet if it was a Muslim Mosque using a HS to raise funds to send to it's "missions" in Syria, you'd have a problem with that.

  6. #6
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: Hawaii protected from devious Chrisitan concert

    The solution is simple.
    Instead of the Moanalua High School orchestra, use the newly formed Secular Winter Solstice Celebration Orchestra. The school could charitably loan the new orchestra their instruments, and the members could choose to play for this new orchestra instead.

    No lawsuit, no separation of church and state issue, and the Africans still get their charity.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #7
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    675

    Re: Hawaii protected from devious Chrisitan concert

    Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    I bet if it was a Muslim Mosque using a HS to raise funds to send to it's "missions" in Syria, you'd have a problem with that.
    Yeah I would. The Syrian government is killing its citizens. Of course, we really don't know who the rebs are, but, we can guess. But, I'm glad you take solace in the actions of The Hawaii Citizens for the Separation of State and Church. Your undisclosed leanings are showing.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    01-16-14 @ 05:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,431

    Re: Hawaii protected from devious Chrisitan concert

    Quote Originally Posted by hfd View Post
    Yeah I would. The Syrian government is killing its citizens. Of course, we really don't know who the rebs are, but, we can guess. But, I'm glad you take solace in the actions of The Hawaii Citizens for the Separation of State and Church. Your undisclosed leanings are showing.
    So you automatically assume any mosque is involved with terrorists? How christian and charitable of you.
    Last edited by spanky; 12-06-12 at 01:35 PM.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    01-16-14 @ 05:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,431

    Re: Hawaii protected from devious Chrisitan concert

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    The solution is simple.
    Instead of the Moanalua High School orchestra, use the newly formed Secular Winter Solstice Celebration Orchestra. The school could charitably loan the new orchestra their instruments, and the members could choose to play for this new orchestra instead.

    No lawsuit, no separation of church and state issue, and the Africans still get their charity.
    How about this, the HS orchestra puts on a Xmas show using their own instruments, their own auditorium and their own orchestra director, and keep all the proceeds to fund music and band expenses at the high school?

    BTW - I don't believe there is any African charity other then a church or evangelical mission owned or partnered with by New Hope. it's just another one of those little white lies christians tell because they think god will forgive them.

    Because you know, the end always justifies the means when it comes to religion.

  10. #10
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    675

    Re: Hawaii protected from devious Chrisitan concert

    Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    So you automatically assume any mosque is involved with terrorists? How christian and charitable of you.
    You specifically asked about Syria. BTW: I'm not a Christian. As I've posted before, I'm agnostic. Sorry to spoil your rant. Unlike you and others however, I'm not threatened by Christians. I am threatened by folks who fly airplanes into buildings. And I'm a firm believer that type of activity can be stifled by concentrating on three cities, Damascus, Riyadh, and Tehran.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •