Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 138

Thread: Howard Dean: "The Truth Is Everybody Needs To Pay More Taxes, Not Just The Rich"

  1. #81
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Howard Dean: "The Truth Is Everybody Needs To Pay More Taxes, Not Just The Rich"

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    First, the good of the society is not ALL that matters...it's a balance beam, in which we delicately capitulate from one side to the other...the good of the many, over the good of the few...

    Second, taking money from the more wealthy affects the ability to afford our government, and all it's services, without reducing the spending power of the greatest segment of the consumer culture...the middle class.
    so you think the government's current level of spending is proper and the government actually needs more money?

  2. #82
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,968
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Howard Dean: "The Truth Is Everybody Needs To Pay More Taxes, Not Just The Rich"

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so you think the government's current level of spending is proper and the government actually needs more money?
    Spending is a huge issue. Come one, Turtle, you know me by now. Smaller government. But cutting spending alone is not gonna get us out of the mess we are in, and I think you know this. You simply don't want to concede, unless the other side does as well, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  3. #83
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Howard Dean: "The Truth Is Everybody Needs To Pay More Taxes, Not Just The Rich"

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Spending is a huge issue. Come one, Turtle, you know me by now. Smaller government. But cutting spending alone is not gonna get us out of the mess we are in, and I think you know this. You simply don't want to concede, unless the other side does as well, correct?
    why should anyone agree to a tax hike or support one until the government actually agrees to massive cutting. and why should the rich-who already pay too much and ARE NOT DRIVING THE BIG SPENDING be the only one's who pay more

  4. #84
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,968
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Howard Dean: "The Truth Is Everybody Needs To Pay More Taxes, Not Just The Rich"

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why should anyone agree to a tax hike or support one until the government actually agrees to massive cutting. and why should the rich-who already pay too much and ARE NOT DRIVING THE BIG SPENDING be the only one's who pay more
    I don't think anyone is advocating tax hikes without spending cuts. Er, at least, not here at DFs.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  5. #85
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Howard Dean: "The Truth Is Everybody Needs To Pay More Taxes, Not Just The Rich"

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    I don't think anyone is advocating tax hikes without spending cuts. Er, at least, not here at DFs.
    LOL the Obama administration plans on spending more

    and tell me why the rich are the only ones who should sacrifice to pay down (LOL) a deficit that was driven by the middle class

  6. #86
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,968
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Howard Dean: "The Truth Is Everybody Needs To Pay More Taxes, Not Just The Rich"

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    LOL the Obama administration plans on spending more

    and tell me why the rich are the only ones who should sacrifice to pay down (LOL) a deficit that was driven by the middle class
    The deficit wasn't driven by the middle class. It was driven by congress, by a government that consistently spent more than it had. What are the number one costs to this country, and who are the number one beneficiaries of those costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  7. #87
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Howard Dean: "The Truth Is Everybody Needs To Pay More Taxes, Not Just The Rich"

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    The deficit wasn't driven by the middle class. It was driven by congress, by a government that consistently spent more than it had. What are the number one costs to this country, and who are the number one beneficiaries of those costs?
    who votes congress into office and who does congress pander to

  8. #88
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,968
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Howard Dean: "The Truth Is Everybody Needs To Pay More Taxes, Not Just The Rich"

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    who votes congress into office and who does congress pander to
    The lower class. "Minorities".
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  9. #89
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Howard Dean: "The Truth Is Everybody Needs To Pay More Taxes, Not Just The Rich"

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    The lower class. "Minorities".
    I'd say the middle class and the lower class

  10. #90
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Howard Dean: "The Truth Is Everybody Needs To Pay More Taxes, Not Just The Rich"

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    if the good of society is all that matters.......

    taking money from the wealthy does exactly what in terms of real good?
    It allows us to repay our debt to SS that enabled your temporary tax cuts to be continued during two decade long wars.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •