Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 138

Thread: Howard Dean: "The Truth Is Everybody Needs To Pay More Taxes, Not Just The Rich"

  1. #101
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Howard Dean: "The Truth Is Everybody Needs To Pay More Taxes, Not Just The Rich"

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Middle class folks don't rent apartments their entire lives.


    Do you agree?

    I know some millionaire lawyers in NYC who are partners at big firms and nearing retirement who live in apartments.

  2. #102
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,990
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Howard Dean: "The Truth Is Everybody Needs To Pay More Taxes, Not Just The Rich"

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I know some millionaire lawyers in NYC who are partners at big firms and nearing retirement who live in apartments.
    Sure. In NYC.

    For the rest of the vast majority of the US, home ownership is key to being considered middle class.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  3. #103
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Howard Dean: "The Truth Is Everybody Needs To Pay More Taxes, Not Just The Rich"

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Sure. In NYC.

    For the rest of the vast majority of the US, home ownership is key to being considered middle class.

    I think we are getting bogged down with irrelevance. The bottom line is that the masses drive congressional spending and most of the pandering goes to them since they have the most votes

  4. #104
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,990
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Howard Dean: "The Truth Is Everybody Needs To Pay More Taxes, Not Just The Rich"

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I think we are getting bogged down with irrelevance. The bottom line is that the masses drive congressional spending and most of the pandering goes to them since they have the most votes
    Correct. Question...what is the growing class..."minorities", or middle class?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  5. #105
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Howard Dean: "The Truth Is Everybody Needs To Pay More Taxes, Not Just The Rich"

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Correct. Question...what is the growing class..."minorities", or middle class?
    minorities for sure

  6. #106
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,990
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Howard Dean: "The Truth Is Everybody Needs To Pay More Taxes, Not Just The Rich"

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    minorities for sure
    Then I rest my case.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Howard Dean: "The Truth Is Everybody Needs To Pay More Taxes, Not Just The Rich"

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The Democrats would not vote for the budget because of the amendments made by the GOP, but nice job of changing the subject to something other than what my comment was about.
    That's a crock.....the GOP never ever saw the one. As the Demos Shot Obama's proposal down straight out the gate. Quite disingenuous of you to try and Blame it on the GOP. For the DNC's own internal struggles. But then I doubt you can Admit to any screw ups by the Progressives and the Left.

    Moreover anything tied into correlation with the Topic is open to all game. So save all the deflections and going off on a tangent about how others are changing the subject on you.

  8. #108
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Howard Dean: "The Truth Is Everybody Needs To Pay More Taxes, Not Just The Rich"

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    more stupidity. the middle class tax cuts "cost more" than that for the rich and the rich are still paying more than what they should
    The rich are paying the lowest percentage tax rates in modern history. And ending the temporary tax cuts for the wealthy would not wreck the economy as would ending the tax cuts for the middle class.

    Apparently, you failed to learn in the election that this is about the economy.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #109
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Howard Dean: "The Truth Is Everybody Needs To Pay More Taxes, Not Just The Rich"

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The rich are paying the lowest percentage tax rates in modern history. And ending the temporary tax cuts for the wealthy would not wreck the economy as would ending the tax cuts for the middle class.

    Apparently, you failed to learn in the election that this is about the economy.

    so is everyone else and the rich are paying a HIGHER SHARE OF THE TAX BURDEN THAN AT ANY TIME IN MODERN HISTORY

    and I tire of your silly appeals to mediocrity. you seem to think because the electorate is dominated by morons, I did not learn something

  10. #110
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Howard Dean: "The Truth Is Everybody Needs To Pay More Taxes, Not Just The Rich"

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so is everyone else and the rich are paying a HIGHER SHARE OF THE TAX BURDEN THAN AT ANY TIME IN MODERN HISTORY

    and I tire of your silly appeals to mediocrity. you seem to think because the electorate is dominated by morons, I did not learn something

    Your side's contempt for the working class and seniors was your downfall, and you are correct, you haven't learned a thing. I pity you.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •