Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: GOP group rejects Minuteman candidate

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: GOP group rejects Minuteman candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    If the result is a one party system, then we're in even deeper doo doo than we have been in. If the Libertarian party becomes the second major party, then, sure, let's do away with the Republicans.
    No, the libertarians are worst losers than the GOP. What we need is the Democratic Party and a truly progressive party to drive real progress in the future. But conservatives have no future -- their ideas are bankrupt and don't fit into the modern world and a modern economy. It's just finally dawning on everybody that that's the case.

  2. #32
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,709

    Re: GOP group rejects Minuteman candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    So they want to keep a true conservative off the ballot?

    http://rlv.zcache.com/california_lan...9en7pq_210.jpg
    What, a guy who doesn't like the Supreme Court of the United States, chases some 10 year old hispanic kid around to protect the honor of the young white girl, hangs out with the mobocracy known as the Tea Party, promotes the idiotic minutemen, enjoys appeals to direct democracy so the masses can get their way all the time (unless you're hispanic, of course), all the meanwhile becomes the laughing stock of politics in America? That's some "true" conservative there.

    The careful, poised conservative is more worthy of our time. Not some fool display of demagoguery.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 12-10-12 at 05:57 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  3. #33
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,709

    Re: GOP group rejects Minuteman candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Even Thomas Jefferson acknowledged the need for blood to flow so that causes might be advanced, liberty in his case.
    Don't say even. Thomas Jefferson was the stereotypical French sympathizer and Revolutionary ideologue. Only until the French Revolution turned sour did he somehow think maybe his ideas were wrong, but only in that particular case.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  4. #34
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,613

    Re: GOP group rejects Minuteman candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    No, the libertarians are worst losers than the GOP. What we need is the Democratic Party and a truly progressive party to drive real progress in the future. But conservatives have no future -- their ideas are bankrupt and don't fit into the modern world and a modern economy. It's just finally dawning on everybody that that's the case.
    The one party rule oh worked so well for our Southern neighbor when the PRI was in power for seventy years, right?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: GOP group rejects Minuteman candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    The one party rule oh worked so well for our Southern neighbor when the PRI was in power for seventy years, right?
    I think I made pretty clear that I'm for the formation of a truly progressive party to move the centrist Democratic party forward into more productive policies.

    But as to the GOP, it's toast. It's totally bankrupt and has no place to go but extinct.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,613

    Re: GOP group rejects Minuteman candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    I think I made pretty clear that I'm for the formation of a truly progressive party to move the centrist Democratic party forward into more productive policies.

    But as to the GOP, it's toast. It's totally bankrupt and has no place to go but extinct.
    Are you taking any bets on that?
    It has been declared "toast" before, and so has the Democratic Party.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: GOP group rejects Minuteman candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Are you taking any bets on that?
    It has been declared "toast" before, and so has the Democratic Party.
    Yeah, I am. I won all my bets last election.

    As to the GOP, it will not so slowly become a regional party limited to the South and rural western states. In 10 years even Texas will be Democrat, due to the GOPs hatred of latinos and inability to offer anything but scapegoating and immigrant bashing.

    The rightwing noise machine doesn't have an "off" switch. It will just keep pushing the GOP to more and more extremist righgwing and frankly loony positions until the monster dies.

  8. #38
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,613

    Re: GOP group rejects Minuteman candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Yeah, I am. I won all my bets last election.

    As to the GOP, it will not so slowly become a regional party limited to the South and rural western states. In 10 years even Texas will be Democrat, due to the GOPs hatred of latinos and inability to offer anything but scapegoating and immigrant bashing.

    The rightwing noise machine doesn't have an "off" switch. It will just keep pushing the GOP to more and more extremist righgwing and frankly loony positions until the monster dies.
    I think you're wrong about that, but we'll see in a few more years, won't we?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    03-27-13 @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    173

    Re: GOP group rejects Minuteman candidate

    We are saddled with an ineffective pandering system. America is demographically fractured
    beyond repair. Economy will continue to decline, we are losing global market share.
    Collapse, and the sooner the better. Total rebuild needed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •