Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 535

Thread: Obama Plans 20-day, $4 million Vacation

  1. #441
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: Obama Plans 20-day, $4 million Vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Whether you agree with Reagan's politics or not he was a good man...
    The grandfatherly character that Reagan perfected as his on-camera Presidential personna did seem likable. That's about all many people really seem to recall of him though.

  2. #442
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Obama Plans 20-day, $4 million Vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    I would agree with with Bill Clinton's questionable Morals I have no doubt in my mind that he was a good president, while I feel Reagan wasn't.

    Do you feel that reagan was wrong for vacationing in Santa Barbra during economic hard times as well then?
    Going home and getting the Hell out of DC, working on your ranch cutting firewood, riding horses and clearing land is good for the soul of a president and centers him. Flying off to a luxury villa in Hawaii on a vacation that cost more than the average American earns in 20 years is an entirely different thing.

  3. #443
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Obama Plans 20-day, $4 million Vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    The grandfatherly character that Reagan perfected as his on-camera Presidential personna did seem likable. That's about all many people really seem to recall of him though.
    At the time of Reagan I was a lib and found reasons to dislike him but with the benefit of 20-20 hindsight I see him as a good man that did a good job.

  4. #444
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Obama Plans 20-day, $4 million Vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Going home and getting the Hell out of DC, working on your ranch cutting firewood, riding horses and clearing land is good for the soul of a president and centers him. Flying off to a luxury villa in Hawaii on a vacation that cost more than the average American earns in 20 years is an entirely different thing.
    You're just being biased that is all there is to it. You automatically make these assumptions that Obama's vacation cost so much more than Reagan's when I don't believe either of us have even seen the numbers for Reagan's vacations. The cost comes from the fact that the president is traveling not because of the destination like so many people have said here before
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  5. #445
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Obama Plans 20-day, $4 million Vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    You're just being biased that is all there is to it. You automatically make these assumptions that Obama's vacation cost so much more than Reagan's when I don't believe either of us have even seen the numbers for Reagan's vacations. The cost comes from the fact that the president is traveling not because of the destination like so many people have said here before
    Executive Boeing 727-100 REW
    Estimated Operating Costs

    INDICATED DIRECT COSTS PER HOUR

    Fuel 1,785.00
    Maintenance Labor 262.58
    Parts Airframe/Eng/Avion 126.59
    Engine restoration 419.31
    Thrust Reverser Overhaul 15.00
    APU Overhaul 20.00
    Misc. Exp. –Landing/Parking 50.70
    -Crew Expenses 202.50
    -Supplies/Catering 73.70
    Total Direct Cost/Hour: $2,956.00

    The distance from Washington, DC to Honolulu is 4835 miles


    Do the math times 2, yup TWO jets for obama to go on his luxury vacation.


    Actually do the math times 4, there and back.
    Last edited by sawyerloggingon; 01-01-13 at 05:26 PM.

  6. #446
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Obama Plans 20-day, $4 million Vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Executive Boeing 727-100 REW
    Estimated Operating Costs

    INDICATED DIRECT COSTS PER HOUR

    Fuel 1,785.00
    Maintenance Labor 262.58
    Parts Airframe/Eng/Avion 126.59
    Engine restoration 419.31
    Thrust Reverser Overhaul 15.00
    APU Overhaul 20.00
    Misc. Exp. –Landing/Parking 50.70
    -Crew Expenses 202.50
    -Supplies/Catering 73.70
    Total Direct Cost/Hour: $2,956.00

    The distance from Washington, DC to Honolulu is 4835 miles


    Do the math times 2, yup TWO jets for obama to go on his luxury vacation.


    Actually do the math times 4, there and back.
    Thank you, could I ask for a scource though?

    Also no matter how you add this up for 20 days it doesnt add up to 4 million dollars. There has to be other expenses that you havent identified. Otherwise then this 4 million dollar price tag is just wrong.
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  7. #447
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Obama Plans 20-day, $4 million Vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    Thank you, could I ask for a scource though?

    Also no matter how you add this up for 20 days it doesnt add up to 4 million dollars. There has to be other expenses that you havent identified. Otherwise then this 4 million dollar price tag is just wrong.
    I am speaking strictly of travel cost and obama traveling just about as far as he could on vacation instead of trying to show at least a little restraint in times like these, it's called leading by example and is part of his job or at least should be.

    Executive Boeing 727

  8. #448
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Obama Plans 20-day, $4 million Vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I am speaking strictly of travel cost and obama traveling just about as far as he could on vacation instead of trying to show at least a little restraint in times like these, it's called leading by example and is part of his job or at least should be.

    Executive Boeing 727
    Thank you again for the link

    You can't blame Obama for being from Hawaii though. It's just where he was from and is also a favorite vacation destination.
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  9. #449
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Obama Plans 20-day, $4 million Vacation

    It's hilarious how conservatives still think their trash Obama memes will work. America has moved on to economic recovery and with thte avoidance of the fiscal cliff (orchestrated by obstructionist conservatives), conservatives are no officially irrelevant to any substantial policy decisions.

  10. #450
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: Obama Plans 20-day, $4 million Vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    At the time of Reagan I was a lib and found reasons to dislike him but with the benefit of 20-20 hindsight I see him as a good man that did a good job.
    He did a horrible job. He took the tail end of an oil supply crisis and through his voodoo supply-side economics turned it into what was then the worst economic disaster since the Great Depression. Unemployment was above 10% for ten straight months. Later came the 1987 stock market crash. He wasted billions (and that was a lot of money in those days) on his hapless Star Wars toy. He sold weapons to Iran and illegally used the proceeds to fund the operation of right-wing Central American death squads. He failed to do anything at all about the AIDS epidemic. In the wake of the Challenger disaster, he sent sensitive missile technology to China. He failed to notice that North Korea was building a major plutonium reactor. Despite all that famous free cheese, he dismantled the social safety net and crippled enviromental efforts. He counted ketchup as a vegetable for the school lunch program and thought trees and Mount St. Helen's created more pollution that American automobiles. If Nancy's astrologer hadn't happened to get a few things right now and then, there's no telling how much damage the man might have done.

Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •