Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 285

Thread: Obama to GOP: I知 done negotiating with myself

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama to GOP: I知 done negotiating with myself

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    LOL you actually believe things would have been different with ROmney? Boy were you duped. Romney has flipped flopped so many times you can't tell which Romney was going to do what.
    So you went with Obama thinking what? He never flip flopped? He will balance a budget? Get spending under control? Bring peace on earth?

    The clear fact is that Romney has been a success is managing economies, private and public, and is a turn around artist. You worry about "flip flopping" because as you were sipping at your Kool Aid you were told that abortion, or contraception, or Romney was a bully in high school, were the big issues.

    Everything is the economy, but the Obama supporters were more interested in 'flip flops'. These are not adult issues.


    I said this before the election, no matter whether Romney or Obama was president nothing was going to be much different.
    Well you were wrong, obviously.

    The Dem/Rep Duopoly is what is hurting America because BOTH sides don't want to do what's necessary to turn this country around. BOTH sides want their sacred cows kept INTACT.
    No, too many voters are poorly informed schmucks who are easily led and who don't understand the importance of economics. They seem to believe that just being born American gives them the right to have free stuff, that through their birthright they are special and therefore entitled. Of course the politicians don't discourage this thinking so therefore a very hard lesson is on the way.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama to GOP: I知 done negotiating with myself

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So you went with Obama thinking what? He never flip flopped? He will balance a budget? Get spending under control? Bring peace on earth?

    The clear fact is that Romney has been a success is managing economies, private and public, and is a turn around artist. You worry about "flip flopping" because as you were sipping at your Kool Aid you were told that abortion, or contraception, or Romney was a bully in high school, were the big issues.

    Everything is the economy, but the Obama supporters were more interested in 'flip flops'. These are not adult issues.
    Koolaid? Sorry I didn't vote for Obama or Romney, so it's YOU who is sucking the Koolaid of the duopoly system. Your own fault there bucko.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Well you were wrong, obviously.
    So says a Romneybot.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    No, too many voters are poorly informed schmucks who are easily led and who don't understand the importance of economics. They seem to believe that just being born American gives them the right to have free stuff, that through their birthright they are special and therefore entitled. Of course the politicians don't discourage this thinking so therefore a very hard lesson is on the way.
    Yeah, it couldn't be the fault of Romney or the GOP, it HAS to be the fault of the voters

    No, until idiots start waking up to the fact that BOTH the Dems and Reps have failed us, nothing will change. Have a good day drinking the red Koolaid.

  3. #103
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Obama to GOP: I知 done negotiating with myself

    QUOTE Grant

    And the Eisenhower Administration was well before LBJ's 'Great Society' and the growth of 'entitlements'.

    Yet after 鏑BJ's 'Great Society' the debt as a % of gdp went down. go figure.


    Yes, I'm familiar with the blame game but there are a sufficient number of American people who are more concerned with their entitlements and continued government spending then to do what is right for the country. Blaming others is the easiest part. The harder part is doing something about it. The political will do something about it just isn't there, neither by the politicians or the majority of the people themselves.
    Yet you blamed the debt(wrongly) on 鏑BJ's 'Great Society' .I just showed you that the debt as a percent of gdp went down. As a matter of fact I was wrong, according to a graph that I just read.

    It seems that even after LBJ's Great Society, the debt continued to go down a a percent of gdp even during Nixon's failed term a president. It didn稚 take off until Ford,s term. Then President Carter stepped to save our bacon,debt wise at least. Then up stepped the gipper and off we were to the races. Here take a peek and get back to me.

    National Debt Graph by President
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama to GOP: I知 done negotiating with myself

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    I especially like this part of the article linked in the OP:



    Why would you neglect to include this in your OP assertion?...
    That is how negotiations with a spoiled child work. You don't try to offer them something they would go for because they won't go for anything. Instead you tell them your side and come down from there. Obama has stepped in this trap many times and it is good to see he is learning. He tries to see the reps in the middle and then they blame him for the disasterous policies they want to implement. Now they are going to have to take the blame for their own stupid policies. Obama is straying away from being a hard core republican and working for them.

    You know this is a problem reps made by playing spoiled little brat games in congress. Now Boner is going to have to lead his party and do the negative things they want. The reps are going to have to compromise because they are not even close to having enough power to get their crazy destructive plans passed. Really, isn't that for the best? Both sides end up compromising so we don't give away the country to the rich spoiled brats or to the poor people looking for a handout either? Imagine if the benefit for all of this fell on the people who actually work instead of the extremes where neither side does any actual work?

  5. #105
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Obama to GOP: I知 done negotiating with myself

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    ...The reps are going to have to compromise because they are not even close to having enough power to get their crazy destructive plans passed. ...
    Confused...what's different now?
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  6. #106
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Obama to GOP: I知 done negotiating with myself

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Versus the GOP method od tax cuts, spend and give free stuff. I guess that's ok by you since you voted for Bush twice.
    I asked you twice to show me what have the liberals proposed in cuts? Really, it's an easy question.

    All I see is more of the same from liberals, tax, borrow, spend an give free stuff. I really don't care about 20 yrs ago, what I do care about is today. We're 16 trillion in debt and under Obama are headed to 20+ trillion. Obama and his liberal clan don't want any cuts, period. Just tax, borrow, spend, and give free stuff, compared to the Pub's who want cuts.

    Now again what is Obama promising to cut? Don't bother, answering questions is not something you do. Or is it your not able to comprehend an easy question.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama to GOP: I知 done negotiating with myself

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    I asked you twice to show me what have the liberals proposed in cuts? Really, it's an easy question.
    Congress is composed of Dems and GOP. Dem does not equate to liberal. Anyone honest knows this, but we know you aren't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    All I see is more of the same from liberals, tax, borrow, spend an give free stuff. I really don't care about 20 yrs ago, what I do care about is today. We're 16 trillion in debt and under Obama are headed to 20+ trillion. Obama and his liberal clan don't want any cuts, period. Just tax, borrow, spend, and give free stuff, compared to the Pub's who want cuts.
    Of course you don't care about things 20 years ago, you only care about Obama. Hell you voted for Bush twice, so you have NO room to talk about spending.

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Now again what is Obama promising to cut? Don't bother, answering questions is not something you do. Or is it your not able to comprehend an easy question.
    See you have this problem with reading comprehension. I'm not defending Obama. In fact I think what he and the Dems are doing is awful. The difference is I also see the GOP doing the same damn thing when they are in charge.

    You want to be a sheeple. Be my guest. BOTH the Dems and GOP have ruined this country and people like you still side with the GOP. You get the government you deserve, and BOY do you deserve EVERYTHING that is happening.

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Obama to GOP: I知 done negotiating with myself

    Obama's big idea is to increase taxes by 1.6 trillion, have another stimulus, and not even touch the projected increase in the debt until 2022 and even then you have to zoom in to see the projected debt decrease.

    Oh and do away with the debt ceiling.
    Last edited by Henrin; 12-02-12 at 12:15 AM.

  9. #109
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Obama to GOP: I知 done negotiating with myself

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Obama's big idea is to increase taxes by 1.6 trillion, have another stimulus, and not even touch the projected increase in the debt until 2022 and even then you have to zoom in to see the projected debt decrease.

    Oh and do away with the debt ceiling.

    What is the big Republican plan henrin...Cut everything and anything you can from the poor the middleclass and seniors and continue subsidies to corps that just put it in their pocket and of course give the richest americans and corporations another big tax cut .
    Henrin I would have hoped that the GOP would have learned that like or not they are going to have to compromise...if they dont it will only make it much worse for them in the future.
    In 15-20 yrs or so the electorate is going to change dramatically...Gone and dead will be the largest white voting block in america...the babyboomers. After that white votes will not carry anything..If the gop doesnt get it in their heads that all their old talking points and rhetoric will not work anymore and neither will their agenda as it is right now, they are going to lose elections until they do change.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama to GOP: I知 done negotiating with myself

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Obama's big idea is to increase taxes by 1.6 trillion, have another stimulus, and not even touch the projected increase in the debt until 2022 and even then you have to zoom in to see the projected debt decrease.

    Oh and do away with the debt ceiling.
    Hate to tell you this, but even Romney would have been forced to raise the debt ceiling.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •