Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 285

Thread: Obama to GOP: I知 done negotiating with myself

  1. #91
    Advisor JRog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    12-20-12 @ 01:41 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    569

    Re: Obama to GOP: I知 done negotiating with myself

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what does the average working pay into social security, medicare and medicaid vs what they take out?
    To answer that would be a pretty big analysis since inevitably some people are on medicare longer, others are not, some die before collecting on either. In all, everyone stands to benefit from these "entitlement" programs.

    If you want to argue who uses more services, though, I'd be happy to have that argument. I'd be willing to bet that Mitt Romney has cost the US government more than the average Joe solely in court costs incurred to quash peoples' claims to pensions that he and his company gutted to make a buck. That's not to mention the proportional military costs incurred to protect all of Romney's wealth and property.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama to GOP: I知 done negotiating with myself

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I don't disagree with anything you just said there. The question though is, how can we proceed? I don't know the answer to this one given our current situation.

    Both sides have to give BIG sacrifices if we are to fix this financial mess. There isn't a silver bullet from one side that can fix everything.
    Americans had the opportunity to elect a President experienced in turning around economies but instead they made dogs on cars the issue and allowed themselves to wage war against 'the rich'. In deciding to continue with the same policies and drift that gave them the mess they are in now they have assured that the next generation of Americans, those who survive the abortion mills anyway, are completely screwed. The Me Generation has earned its reputation and, seriously, there is nothing you can now do. It's been done.

    There is no longer the collective will to correct the situation since America became a nation of victims.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama to GOP: I知 done negotiating with myself

    Quote Originally Posted by JRog View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that Mitt Romney has cost the US government more than the average Joe solely in court costs incurred to quash peoples' claims to pensions that he and his company gutted to make a buck. That's not to mention the proportional military costs incurred to protect all of Romney's wealth and property.
    Mitt Romney has paid more in taxes than you and your entire family will earn in your lifetime.

    Unless you have some evidence of what you are saying your willingness to bet isn't worth a great deal.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Obama to GOP: I知 done negotiating with myself

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And all I've seen are GOP candidates and previsou GOP presidents that believe in corporate welfare and spending. What's your point?

    You seem to think that because Obama has raised the most debt (which in 2008 Bush at that time had raised the most debt) and seem to think the GOP will be bettter. Each president has raised the debt more than the previous president. What does that say about the GOP/Dem duopoly?

    You want to blame liberals. I see the reality that both the Dems and Reps are to blame. Yet, you continue on the mindeset that the GOP is better even though they have proven time and time again to be just like the Dems.
    I asked you to tell me what the liberals have in mind for cuts, you come back with rhetoric. The liberals have offered nothing in the way of cuts, nothing. All I see is more liberal tax, borrow, spend and give free stuff.

    And to think that every president spends more than the last is ludicrous. Obama will have spent more than all the president combined, but your good with that, why because you want to tax, borrow, spend, and give free stuff.

    "Geithner suggested $1.6 trillion in tax increases, McConnell says, but showed 杜inimal or no interest in spending cuts."

    McConnell 'Burst Into Laughter' as Geithner Outlined Obama's Plan | The Weekly Standard
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  5. #95
    Advisor JRog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    12-20-12 @ 01:41 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    569

    Re: Obama to GOP: I知 done negotiating with myself

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Mitt Romney has paid more in taxes than you and your entire family will earn in your lifetime.

    Unless you have some evidence of what you are saying your willingness to bet isn't worth a great deal.
    He's probably incurred more taxpayer-incurred court costs in his pursuit of wealth than I have earned in my lifetime, but that's beside the point. Would you care to prove that the wealthy contribute more than they draw on government resources? I don't recall making billions of dollars off of "rebuilding Iraq" like some of these defense contractor company owners.

    Also, it doesn't matter if Romney paid a greater dollar amount of taxes. Your argument would suggest that if Romney paid $1 more than me in taxes, that would be unfair for him. The relative value of money is something that you need to understand to understand taxes.

  6. #96
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Obama to GOP: I知 done negotiating with myself

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Not anymore. You could have used that ratio prior to government social programs and when there was a national will to pay down debts. Now such will no longer exists because social programs, and there is always a new one on the way, take precedence over debt repayment. There is no plan to even present a budget, much pass a budget or pay down the debt. No system can operate like that indefinitely.

    You spout nonsense. The only way that you can honestly get an accurate measurement of our debt is % of gdp. But I understand why you want to disregard that fact .The last republican president that DIDN,T increase the debt an a % of gdp was fifty one years ago by President Eisenhower.

    The reason for BO's debt was the record set during bush number two's recession;where he set an all-time record by increasing the debt by $1.1 trillion in 100 days.(July 30 and Nov 9, 2008).BUTT...BO's got four more years, much to the chagrin of the republican party to pull our collective asses out of the debt spiral that the republicans(the pretenders that run on the republican ticket.)always leave the nation.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Obama to GOP: I知 done negotiating with myself

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    Look what we have here. Another Democrat saying elections have consequences. How many times do you have to say it before you're happy?
    Just a few more times.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama to GOP: I知 done negotiating with myself

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    All I see is more liberal tax, borrow, spend and give free stuff.
    Versus the GOP method od tax cuts, spend and give free stuff. I guess that's ok by you since you voted for Bush twice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    ...but your good with that, why because you want to tax, borrow, spend, and give free stuff.
    Since I didn't vote for Obama, how am I good with that? I suggest you spend more time with reading comprehension, or show me the proof where I am ok with that?

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama to GOP: I知 done negotiating with myself

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Americans had the opportunity to elect a President experienced in turning around economies but instead they made dogs on cars the issue and allowed themselves to wage war against 'the rich'. In deciding to continue with the same policies and drift that gave them the mess they are in now they have assured that the next generation of Americans, those who survive the abortion mills anyway, are completely screwed. The Me Generation has earned its reputation and, seriously, there is nothing you can now do. It's been done.

    There is no longer the collective will to correct the situation since America became a nation of victims.
    LOL you actually believe things would have been different with ROmney? Boy were you duped. Romney has flipped flopped so many times you can't tell which Romney was going to do what.

    I said this before the election, no matter whether Romney or Obama was president nothing was going to be much different. The Dem/Rep Duopoly is what is hurting America because BOTH sides don't want to do what's necessary to turn this country around. BOTH sides want their sacred cows kept INTACT.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama to GOP: I知 done negotiating with myself

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipsnade View Post
    You spout nonsense. The only way that you can honestly get an accurate measurement of our debt is % of gdp. But I understand why you want to disregard that fact .The last republican president that DIDN,T increase the debt an a % of gdp was fifty one years ago by President Eisenhower.
    And the Eisenhower Administration was well before LBJ's 'Great Society' and the growth of 'entitlements'.

    Why $16 Trillion Only Hints at the True U.S. Debt - Yahoo! Finance

    The reason for BO's debt was the record set during bush number two's recession;where he set an all-time record by increasing the debt by $1.1 trillion in 100 days.(July 30 and Nov 9, 2008).BUTT...BO's got four more years, much to the chagrin of the republican party to pull our collective asses out of the debt spiral that the republicans(the pretenders that run on the republican ticket.)always leave the nation.
    Yes, I'm familiar with the blame game but there are a sufficient number of American people who are more concerned with their entitlements and continued government spending then to do what is right for the country. Blaming others is the easiest part. The harder part is doing something about it. The political will do something about it just isn't there, neither by the politicians or the majority of the people themselves.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •