Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62

Thread: Now sick babies go on death pathway: Doctor's haunting testimony reveals how children

  1. #21
    Advisor JRog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    12-20-12 @ 01:41 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    569

    Re: UK Baby Death Panels: IPAB Here We Come

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I didn't say it is worse than the US system. What I am saying is that this is to be expected with nationalized health care.
    Well, then I guess we disagree. I think this is expected of any healthcare system, but I would suspect that a for-profit system would be worse.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    St. Petersburg
    Last Seen
    10-06-16 @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    16,875

    Re: UK Baby Death Panels: IPAB Here We Come

    Quote Originally Posted by JRog View Post
    Well, then I guess we disagree. I think this is expected of any healthcare system, but I would suspect that a for-profit system would be worse.
    Nationalized heathcare is for profit.

  3. #23
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    675

    Re: UK Baby Death Panels: IPAB Here We Come

    Haeckel lives.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,241

    Re: UK Baby Death Panels: IPAB Here We Come

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I didn't say it is worse than the US system. What I am saying is that this is to be expected with nationalized health care.
    in what way is it to be expected?
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  5. #25
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,241

    Re: UK Baby Death Panels: IPAB Here We Come

    The Daily Mail...tough to read
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  6. #26
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: UK Baby Death Panels: IPAB Here We Come

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    in what way is it to be expected?
    In the way that is a necessity, when the health care system can't afford it anymore. There is essentially no difference in capping services for elderly patients who have little to no chance of recovery, and premature neonates who have the same chance.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  7. #27
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,241

    Re: UK Baby Death Panels: IPAB Here We Come

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    In the way that is a necessity, when the health care system can't afford it anymore. There is essentially no difference in capping services for elderly patients who have little to no chance of recovery, and premature neonates who have the same chance.
    yeh I see your point but I dont see being any different from an insurance company deceiding who gets what etc. As I have said before I dont think anyone has the perfect system and we are going to see them more and more stretched if the population keeps growing like it is.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  8. #28
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Now sick babies go on death pathway: Doctor's haunting testimony reveals how chil


    Not sure if i trust this story. After all, it's from the conservative "national enquirer

  9. #29
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,891
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: UK Baby Death Panels: IPAB Here We Come

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    yeh I see your point but I dont see being any different from an insurance company deceiding who gets what etc. As I have said before I dont think anyone has the perfect system and we are going to see them more and more stretched if the population keeps growing like it is.
    One difference seems to be that the patients or their loved ones are involved in the decision making process w/ LCP. I am not sure that is the case in re insurance.
    I may be wrong.

  10. #30
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,891
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Now sick babies go on death pathway: Doctor's haunting testimony reveals how chil

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Not sure if i trust this story. After all, it's from the conservative "national enquirer
    search this forum or Google for more info about LCP
    I may be wrong.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •