Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 499

Thread: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    You think I oppose it to make gays unhappy?
    Yeah, it seems to bug you that you cannot push them back into the closet. It is obvious you are ticked off, and over such a pointless thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    My family values the traditional gender roles.
    What tradition? Oh yeah, there are no traditional gender roles. There are those who wish to keep old gender roles because they like slave like women, but aside from that today the gender roles are all over the place so tradition was gone a long time ago and now people who subjugate their wives and daughters are the freaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    I believe this is one reason our family is so strong in this society where divorce has risen over time.
    Yes, because women are strongest when they stay with abusive and overbearing husbands due to some notion they might go to hell made up by people who thought their savior was a zombie made of crackers and cheep wine. Sorry, but you get your supposed strength from a book of fiction written by some greedy men trying to cash in on the jew craze way back in history. Sorry, but that is not everyone's tradition, and though it is yours you are not allowed to force everyone into your little world of make believe. You want to pretend you are going to heaven to be with jesus because you call yourself husband and wife that is great, but go do that on your own. I am not here to make you feel better or play a game of pretend with you because you cannot face the world because to dudes get married.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Have the dads ask their daughters whether they dream of being a bride or a "spouse b".
    Why don't I ask girls why they seem to only think they are worthy in life if they become a wife? Oh yeah, because you taught your little girls they are only worthwhile when they gt married, and become bare foot and pregnant to their husband. Again, that is great and all, but i am not playing pretend with you. Those little girls can still call themselves wife, no one is actually stopping that. You can still teach your children traditional values of marriage inspired slavery straight from the good book of make believe. The government should accomodate all people because we all do not believe in the biblical fairy tale bull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    It's the expectation of everything to go to one neutral instead of creating a sufficient alternate that infuriates me.
    No offense, but i think you missed the meaning of the word gay. gay is not gender neutral. gays actually appreciate the genders, they just appreciate their genders. Gay people do not want androgeny. This is the same thing as thinking gay people are transgendered. your ignorance is showing. Gay guys don't want a wife. So having husband and wife makes no sense in that area. It makes a lot more sense to use the word spouse instead of printing out each combination. BTW spouse is a proper term for either a married woman or man. You are your wife's spouse. That word works just fine and it does apply to you. What is even worse is it has applied to you for all your life and you have never ever had a complaint about using it up until now. This means your complaint is entirely about gays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    It's similar to the atheists I want to kick the crap out of for expecting crosses to not be in public view or the stupid "holiday tree" controversy.
    you are a violent hateful guy aren't you? The sort of person who hears happy holidays and wants to punch someone despite it being a well wishing term. Again, that is nice and all, but if different people bother you and freedom is an enemy of yours then perhaps you are in the wrong place. Anyways, enjoy the world that is changing, and enjoy your meltdown, but gays and gay marriage are the way of the future and it is not going away even if you punch someone. Do remember when you die and if you meet jesus to let him know how the supposed guy who claimed unconditional love, acceptance, and compassion inspired you to want to punch people. now go find your spouse and have a happy holidays with your holiday tree and remember Santa doesn't like people like you, and he is the king of christmas.

  2. #42
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    They are not asking you to change what you call yourself.
    Only what you're legally called

  3. #43
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Only what you're legally called
    Correct. It is something done out of necessity since instead they had a bride and groom, a husband and wife, and those would not work like that with SSM being legalized there.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    I'm about to go off on the gays if this doesn't stop. The gays can call each other whatever in the heck they want. I'll even provide the white out for their certificate. However, they're in for a fight if they expect me and other normal couples to drop the use of husband and wife.
    You can use husband and wife all you want.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    The government should not be involved in marriage, period. It makes no sense and serves no purpose.

    Let whoever wants to get married get married according to whatever ceremony or religion they feel comfortable with. Get rid of joint filings and simplify the tax code.

  6. #46
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Which would be a problem under the old documents since one of you would be a groom and a husband. But yeah, I see your point.
    Easy solution is just to have bride and groom on both sides, and have them as choices.

    Like Bride 1, Groom 1, and Bride 2, Groom 2, and have the people circle the option that applies.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #47
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,619

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    I'm about to go off on the gays if this doesn't stop. The gays can call each other whatever in the heck they want. I'll even provide the white out for their certificate. However, they're in for a fight if they expect me and other normal couples to drop the use of husband and wife.
    So being gay is abnormal? Guess I know where you stand on the issue.

  8. #48
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    So being gay is abnormal? Guess I know where you stand on the issue.
    You just woke up in the lap of a liberal if you think gay is normal.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  9. #49
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-12 @ 04:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    498

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No one is telling any one what to call themselves. This is what the government is calling it, and the government is trying to actually be accurate.
    Shouldn't we though?

    There is a clear distinction between introducing Bob Jones from accounting and his lovely wife Linda to someone at an office holiday party and Sally Mead and her lovely Partner B Danielle. Is there not a definite connotation associated with husband and wife that Person A and Person B lacks? More to the point, doesn't the different terminology invoke a clear difference between the two relationships making the use of one very offensive to the other? Perhaps homosexuals should have just accepted "Civil Unions" if marriage between two homosexual people would forever be seen as not real marriage through which we call one another.

  10. #50
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,869

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    You just woke up in the lap of a liberal if you think gay is normal.
    Who cares? Who are any of us to pass judgement on anyone else?
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •