Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 499

Thread: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

  1. #481
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,291

    Re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Yes, for religious reasons like cohabitation or having a child. Barring marriage because of an identity is going to be viewed differently.
    wrong again because it is already being done based on IDENTITY and its NOT viewed differently its their CONSTITUTIONAL protected right to be able to discriminate so it doesnt matter how people view it.

    LOL what facts are you having trouble understanding, again where are you from?
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  2. #482
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,707

    Re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    “We’ve been quickly moving ahead to change our marriage certificate to make sure it fits for everyone who is going to be using it,” he told Fox News. The words “bride” and “groom” could be replaced with “Spouse A” and “Spouse B” or “Person A” and “Person B,” Church said.
    Steve, do you take Adam to be your lawfully wedded Person A?
    Adam, do you take Steve to be your lawfully wedded Person B?

    Still sounds discriminatory to me. Spouse "A" somehow comes off as superior to Spouse "B." I think the difference in terminology could have some real, substantive life effects.

  3. #483
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,291

    Re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Steve, do you take Adam to be your lawfully wedded Person A?
    Adam, do you take Steve to be your lawfully wedded Person B?

    Still sounds discriminatory to me. Spouse "A" somehow comes off as superior to Spouse "B." I think the difference in terminology could have some real, substantive life effects.
    good thing the vows (religion) or verbiage(legal) of what is being said isnt being changed then, just the form
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  4. #484
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Churches are not going to apologize for not wedding gays; they're not going to call it a mistake.
    Again I have to ask what your point is. Their apology had nothing to do with them not getting in trouble. Fact is a church can deny marrying whoever they want for any reason they want because they are a private organization. Same reason the boy scouts can deny homosexuals and atheists from joining.

  5. #485
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    21,298

    Re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    wrong again because it is already being done based on IDENTITY and its NOT viewed differently its their CONSTITUTIONAL protected right to be able to discriminate so it doesnt matter how people view it.

    LOL what facts are you having trouble understanding, again where are you from?
    What church is banning a marriage based on identity?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  6. #486
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,291

    Re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    What church is banning a marriage based on identity?
    sorry dont keep the names of churches because i dont care its their right, again i ask what facts dont you understand and where are you from, obviously its not america?
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  7. #487
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    21,298

    Re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    Again I have to ask what your point is. Their apology had nothing to do with them not getting in trouble. Fact is a church can deny marrying whoever they want for any reason they want because they are a private organization. Same reason the boy scouts can deny homosexuals and atheists from joining.
    The Boy Scouts have been sued plenty over the homosexual policy.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  8. #488
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    21,298

    Re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    sorry dont keep the names of churches because i dont care its their right, again i ask what facts dont you understand and where are you from, obviously its not america?
    Can you not read my location right under my name?

    And I would get sued for not allowing blacks to buy property on my development. That's not protected free speech, is it?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  9. #489
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,291

    Re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Can you not read my location right under my name?

    And I would get sued for not allowing blacks to buy property on my development. That's not protected free speech, is it?
    i know what it says but theres no way you are an american or from here


    what the heck does your example have to do with churches and freedom of religion? this is why i dont think you are from america you have no clue what you are talking about with this subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  10. #490
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    The Boy Scouts have been sued plenty over the homosexual policy.
    And who won? Also they are still allowed to discriminate against homosexuals and atheists.

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •