Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 499

Thread: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

  1. #371
    Professor
    Monserrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but I knew you were being sarcastic. I was actually demonstrating exactly how ridiculous it is to find the terminology ridiculous. You personally feeling "person A and Person b" or Spouse A and Spouse B" ridiculous is identical to finding the term "dependents" ridiculous on a tax form. It's identically absurd to find such legal terminology ridiculous enough to care about it in any way.

    But people don't find "dependent" ridiculous because people usually don't have a moral objection to tax deductions... er... I mean children. They do have moral objections to gay marriage. Ergo, their irrational outrage.
    It's not ridiculous to be resistant to change, its just human. Small things like changing the words on a marriage license may seem like nothing to you but in actuality its just a small piece of the larger picture, the slipping away of a tradition these people have always known and relied upon on.
    I believe half of the things I say and say half of the things I believe.

  2. #372
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,724
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Monserrat View Post
    First of all bigot is an overused word, and no longer holds any meaning because people throw it around in every other sentence like a used rag doll.

    Second, I'm not sure what the problem is here. They were are part of the same movement in the 1970's and NAMBLA marched with and as a gay rights organization until people came to their senses and disassociated with them.

    wiki source:



    GLBTQ:



    I'm not making this stuff up, it's history, it was a part of the sexual revolution starting in the 1970's.
    It doesn't matter if it's true or not. The fact is that, today, same sex marriage is an important issue for the left and uncomfortable truths like this need to be expunged from the record. By the time they're done it will probably be a crime to even suggest something so "outrageous". But, hey... it's progress, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

  3. #373
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Monserrat View Post
    It's not ridiculous to be resistant to change, its just human. Small things like changing the words on a marriage license may seem like nothing to you but in actuality its just a small piece of the larger picture, the slipping away of a tradition these people have always known and relied upon on.
    What nonsense. Their marraiges are not affected in any way by the change in terms. Their fears are irrational, as are their reactions.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #374
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Monserrat View Post
    1.)First of all bigot is an overused word, and no longer holds any meaning because people throw it around in every other sentence like a used rag doll.

    2.)Second, I'm not sure what the problem is here. They were are part of the same movement in the 1970's and NAMBLA marched with and as a gay rights organization until people came to their senses and disassociated with them.

    wiki source:



    GLBTQ:



    3.)I'm not making this stuff up, it's history, it was a part of the sexual revolution starting in the 1970's.
    1.) thanks for your opinion on that word but that has no impact to my statements
    2.) there is no problem, what you are talking is nonsense, just because you say a person was part of the same movements and that causes YOU to think those movements were "indistinguishable" thats your issue and your problem, its not reality, black panthers marched with every day blacks for rights, so did Muslim brother hood, nobody is uneducated enough to say that makes them the SAME movement and "indistinguishable" because theres no logic to support that.
    3.) didnt say you made stuff up what im saying only somebody with broken logic would say they were NEVER distinguishable and again to anybody educated, non-bigoted, honest and object that simply doesnt make RATIONAL sense because the movments were ALWAYS different because they have different goals. Its basic common sense.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #375
    Professor
    Monserrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    What nonsense. Their marraiges are not affected in any way by the change in terms. Their fears are irrational, as are their reactions.
    You don't think their resistance to change in this case has to do with them seeing the tradition that they have always known, slipping away?
    I believe half of the things I say and say half of the things I believe.

  6. #376
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Monserrat View Post
    You don't think their resistance to change in this case has to do with them seeing the tradition that they have always known, slipping away?
    no because in reality it isnt going anywhere its not going anywhere
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #377
    Professor
    Monserrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) thanks for your opinion on that word but that has no impact to my statements
    2.) there is no problem, what you are talking is nonsense, just because you say a person was part of the same movements and that causes YOU to think those movements were "indistinguishable" thats your issue and your problem, its not reality, black panthers marched with every day blacks for rights, so did Muslim brother hood, nobody is uneducated enough to say that makes them the SAME movement and "indistinguishable" because theres no logic to support that.
    3.) didnt say you made stuff up what im saying only somebody with broken logic would say they were NEVER distinguishable and again to anybody educated, non-bigoted, honest and object that simply doesnt make RATIONAL sense because the movments were ALWAYS different because they have different goals. Its basic common sense.
    You are very welcome, Bigot should be taken out of the English language since it's one of the most incredibly overused and misused words of this day and age. Bigots = the type of people who would beat up on a gay person just for being gay, it does not equal people who have a different opinion than you. Using it to describe people who have a different opinion than you kind of destroys any weight that it may have once carried.

    I say that they were indistinguishable because they were indistinguishable back during the sexual revolution, they were a part of the same movement (gay rights movement) because people were all about free love and they started to apply that to cases dealing with minors, they used research of the time to support that opinion. I provided sources, feel free to read through them, we may not always like history but it is something that can't be changed and it does us no good to deny it. It is what it is.
    I believe half of the things I say and say half of the things I believe.

  8. #378
    Professor
    Monserrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    no because in reality it isnt going anywhere its not going anywhere
    Marriage equaling one man and one woman (aka traditional marriage) changing to encompass more than that = the tradition that they have always known is slipping away.
    I believe half of the things I say and say half of the things I believe.

  9. #379
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Monserrat View Post
    1.)You are very welcome, Bigot should be taken out of the English language since it's one of the most incredibly overused and misused words of this day and age.
    2.) Bigots = the type of people who would beat up on a gay person just for being gay, it does not equal people who have a different opinion than you. Using it to describe people who have a different opinion than you kind of destroys any weight that it may have once carried.

    3.)I say that they were indistinguishable because they were indistinguishable back during the sexual revolution, they were a part of the same movement (gay rights movement) because people were all about free love and they started to apply that to cases dealing with minors, they used research of the time to support that opinion. I provided sources, feel free to read through them, we may not always like history but it is something that can't be changed and it does us no good to deny it. It is what it is.
    1.) more opinion
    2.) good thing nobody ever said this nor do i believe this
    3.) nope they never were cant be the same movement when they had clearly different goals so the facts void your broken logic.

    just like my example black panthers and the muslim brother hood, feminist, minorities etc all were PART of the "equal rights movement" but they were never be indistinguishable because there not facts or rational or logic to support such nonsense.

    let me know when you have anything logical or factual that shows those moments were indistinguishable your link did nothing like that at all LMAO
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #380
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Monserrat View Post
    Marriage equaling one man and one woman (aka traditional marriage) changing to encompass more than that = the tradition that they have always known is slipping away.
    1.) thats only traditional marriage to YOU
    2.) thats not changing to the people that want that type of marriage its still available, hence in reality nothing its not going away

    again basic common sense
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •