Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 499

Thread: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

  1. #241
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I do not think you have any idea what you are talking about. This change on documents does not, in any way, shape or form change what marriage is, what roles people play in marriage, nor the definition of marriage. It simply removed terms that may no longer accurately represent the situation for people using the forms.
    And I, one of the evil gays don't even like what they did. They should have made Bride 1, Groom 1, and Bride 2, Groom 2, and allow the people to circle the appropriate one. Simple as that.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #242
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Dont even try that...1.)YOU ARE THE ONE that expects straights to change their entire way of life for a few...because THEY WANT IT...2.)just when I start to soften up a little about gay marriage they pull jerkoff **** like this and turn full bore against it....not only do they want what they BELIEVE is equal rights they want it worded to accomodate them too...3.)and "F" everyone else and they way theyve had it all their lives....4.)they dont want equal rights they want to impose their will on me...5.)and I personally dont get on my knees for anyone..straight or gay...
    1.) this is false
    2.) "gays" didnt pull anything, this is false
    3.) this is also false
    4.) again also false, this may be true of some but thats true of ALL GROUPS of people
    5.) good thing no one asked you too
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #243
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,289
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Your hatred for "different" people is disturbing.
    Off topic, but...

    Doesn't that quote scarily remind you of certain conservatives. They where after communists, then they went after socialists, and trade unions are in their sites right now bigtime...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #244
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,289
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Dont even try that...YOU ARE THE ONE that expects straights to change their entire way of life for a few...because THEY WANT IT...just when I start to soften up a little about gay marriage they pull jerkoff **** like this and turn full bore against it....not only do they want what they BELIEVE is equal rights they want it worded to accomodate them too...and "F" everyone else and they way theyve had it all their lives....they dont want equal rights they want to impose their will on me...and I personally dont get on my knees for anyone..straight or gay...
    No. Not even remotely close. I do not expect straight people to change their way of life. Nothing about SSM has any effect on how straight people live their life.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #245
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    The more I think about this, the more I am all for it. I suspect the form says "husband" and "wife" were used only without thought when the forms were first made. It never occurred to anyone that there might be a more narrow distinction someday. It just was. To the best of my knowledge, the government never did keep stats on how many were husbands and how many were wives, just how many people were married. To that end, I see no point in making the distinction.

    Now, extend this to other forms. How many who favor marriage/gender neutrality in government forms also favor racial/ethnic neutrality in government forms? I do. I shouldn't even be asked what my race or ethnicity is. For the same reasons.

    Something tells me, though, that some will try and rationalize a difference.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #246
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Austin View Post
    & I asked you to show me it on the form & you couldnt, because its gone, because you were wrong & now youre laughing like a fool again...

    Until you can show me it on the form you are wrong & laughing when you are wrong makes you look.. well figure it ot for yourself...

    yes latter on after your statement you tried to reword it to save face but you failed
    I was factually right and you trying to back pedal now doesnt change anything lol

    I even quoted you for proof, wheres your proof you say you ment on the form? lol thats right you have done because thats not what you said, you were crying about "options" and you were 100% wrong

    the form is MEANINGLESS to your statement as YOU wrote it whether its on the form or not you still have the OPTION, PERIOD
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Austin View Post
    Because an option that was there before, that some people liked, will no longer be there?
    nice try but you fail, please stop because you are only getting more egg on your face,
    LMAO

    all you had to do is man up and say you mispoke you meant ON THE FORM, which you didnt say
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #247
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,289
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    And I, one of the evil gays don't even like what they did. They should have made Bride 1, Groom 1, and Bride 2, Groom 2, and allow the people to circle the appropriate one. Simple as that.
    Which would have triggered the exact same outrage. Generic terms like "spouse" are easier to understand.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #248
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Off topic, but...

    Doesn't that quote scarily remind you of certain conservatives. They where after communists, then they went after socialists, and trade unions are in their sites right now bigtime...
    Eh, the meaning of that poem is more about understanding that when one groups rights, and liberties are taken away that it puts all of our rights in danger. All I'm saying is that people who want to discriminate against others for being different better watch out before someone else deems them different.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #249
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,289
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Eh, the meaning of that poem is more about understanding that when one groups rights, and liberties are taken away that it puts all of our rights in danger. All I'm saying is that people who want to discriminate against others for being different better watch out before someone else deems them different.
    Yes, I do understand why you posted it and what it means. It just was one of those moments where something clicked for me and so I posted it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #250
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Which would have triggered the exact same outrage. Generic terms like "spouse" are easier to understand.
    All I know is that I'm going to be a wife, and have a wife, and that I'm not insecure enough to need a government form tell me that for me.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •