Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 499

Thread: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

  1. #231
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Know what this gay rights thing isnt about rights...they have all the rights as any other americans...this is about a handfull of whiney demanding different people that want to force what they want down everyone elses throat....not mine not while I can still breath...screw that...thats why I was against gay marriage all along...they want to change the whole concept of it..to fit THEM so they feel good...changing govt forms to word them for gays is BULL****..
    Your hatred for "different" people is disturbing.

    First they came for the communists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

    Then they came for the socialists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a socialist.

    Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

    Then they came for me,
    and there was no one left to speak for me.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #232
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Allowing them to get married is EQUAL rights not changing the definition or what marriage is called...two men want to get married let them pick which one is going to wear the panties and leave the rest of the people alone...the voters didnt vote to CHANGE what marriage is..they voted to allow gay marriage...lets keep in mind most states vote that down
    I do not think you have any idea what you are talking about. This change on documents does not, in any way, shape or form change what marriage is, what roles people play in marriage, nor the definition of marriage. It simply removed terms that may no longer accurately represent the situation for people using the forms.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #233
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    This is the second time someone has asked this, but the fundies refuse to answer. Perhaps they too engage in anal sex.
    it gets ignored A LOT because it always shows the broken "logic" of some positions (no pun intended )
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #234
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why do you expect more of gays than you do of straight people?
    Dont even try that...YOU ARE THE ONE that expects straights to change their entire way of life for a few...because THEY WANT IT...just when I start to soften up a little about gay marriage they pull jerkoff **** like this and turn full bore against it....not only do they want what they BELIEVE is equal rights they want it worded to accomodate them too...and "F" everyone else and they way theyve had it all their lives....they dont want equal rights they want to impose their will on me...and I personally dont get on my knees for anyone..straight or gay...

  5. #235
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,140

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Know what this gay rights thing isnt about rights...they have all the rights as any other americans...this is about a handfull of whiney demanding different people that want to force what they want down everyone elses throat....not mine not while I can still breath...screw that...thats why I was against gay marriage all along...they want to change the whole concept of it..to fit THEM so they feel good...changing govt forms to word them for gays is BULL****..
    Again, how would my marriage "force" anything down your throat?
    You don't know me, will probably never meet me, and will certainly never have me over for tea. So, how is my going to the city hall and filing a form doing anything to you?
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

  6. #236
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Austin View Post
    Its not even my objection. I dont have a dog in the fight, but if you look at the thread (& even more at the wider world) other people do & it was avoidable in many cases.

    Ive never seen the sense in rules, or laws, that piss people off when a better option could have been provided.

    I dont understand why anyone would want to argue with that position.
    The only people getting pissed off are ones looking for something to get pissed off about. The change itself is completely trivial.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #237
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Do you wear panties ?? the form should remain HUSBAND AND WIFE...whats next they are going to write a law I have to call my wife my partner so as not to offend a handful of people that are differnt and overbearing suckers...lol...pfffffffffffffft
    So a woman who goes commando can't be a wife? What about a woman who likes to wear boxers?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #238
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    12-11-12 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,080

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    yes i did laugh at you because you called it an option and said its gone
    & I asked you to show me it on the form & you couldnt, because its gone, because you were wrong & now youre laughing like a fool again...

    Until you can show me it on the form you are wrong & laughing when you are wrong makes you look.. well figure it ot for yourself...

  9. #239
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,140

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Dont even try that...YOU ARE THE ONE that expects straights to change their entire way of life for a few...because THEY WANT IT...just when I start to soften up a little about gay marriage they pull jerkoff **** like this and turn full bore against it....not only do they want what they BELIEVE is equal rights they want it worded to accomodate them too...and "F" everyone else and they way theyve had it all their lives....they dont want equal rights they want to impose their will on me...and I personally dont get on my knees for anyone..straight or gay...
    Writing your name on a line that says applicant will change your entire way of life? Does a line on a government document tell you who you are?
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

  10. #240
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Know what this gay rights thing isnt about rights...they have all the rights as any other americans...this is about a handfull of whiney demanding different people that want to force what they want down everyone elses throat....not mine not while I can still breath...screw that...thats why I was against gay marriage all along...they want to change the whole concept of it..to fit THEM so they feel good...changing govt forms to word them for gays is BULL****..
    Gay people getting married has no effect on you unless you chose to be effected.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •