Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 499

Thread: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

  1. #11
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    I'm about to go off on the gays if this doesn't stop. The gays can call each other whatever in the heck they want. I'll even provide the white out for their certificate. However, they're in for a fight if they expect me and other normal couples to drop the use of husband and wife.
    They are not asking you to change what you call yourself.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #12
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Austin View Post
    Why does there have to be "equivelants"?

    Whats wrong with alternatives instead?

    If the cap doesnt fit do you need to destroy the cap, or can you wear a different hat while the person the cap fits wears the cap?

    Things like this are inflamatory, as they take from others where there is no need.
    They are only inflammatory if you chose to be inflamed. No one is responsible for your emotional reactions but you. By the way, the generic "spouse" is perfectly descriptive and fits all situations...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    This is silly, they could simply make them on a by need basis for "groom-groom," "groom bride," or "bride bride."

    But its not a big deal either way.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Run for the hills! Arm yourselves! Tinfoil for all! WOLVERINES!!!!!
    It starts like this:

    "The union between two individuals – heterosexual or homosexual – was considered a pleasurable fact and posed no moral problem for the upper-class Roman elite"

    And it progresses to this:

    "As Paul Veyne relates, "…it was proverbially held that sex with boys procures a tranquil pleasure unruffling the soul." Examples abound in almost overwhelming abundance. Ovid relates the story of Ganymede as boy lover to Jove, as well as his description of Orpheus who turns to boys as a tranquil consolation after having lost his wife"

    Sexuality in the Roman Empire

  5. #15
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    They are not asking you to change what you call yourself.
    Expecting every darn thing to become gender neutral is going overboard.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    It starts like this:

    "The union between two individuals – heterosexual or homosexual – was considered a pleasurable fact and posed no moral problem for the upper-class Roman elite"

    And it progresses to this:

    "As Paul Veyne relates, "…it was proverbially held that sex with boys procures a tranquil pleasure unruffling the soul." Examples abound in almost overwhelming abundance. Ovid relates the story of Ganymede as boy lover to Jove, as well as his description of Orpheus who turns to boys as a tranquil consolation after having lost his wife"

    Sexuality in the Roman Empire
    So how does this lead to Washington being sacked by the Visigoths?

  7. #17
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Expecting every darn thing to become gender neutral is going overboard.
    Again, they are not. Firstly, it is the government that is doing this, not teh gays. Secondly, official documents that have inaccurate terms for the needs would be a problem.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    12-11-12 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,080

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    They are only inflammatory if you chose to be inflamed. No one is responsible for your emotional reactions but you.
    Ive heard that argument before, mainly from the "other side", regarding some words that are now considered highly offensive.

    Im glad the world rejected that position.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    So how does this lead to Washington being sacked by the Visigoths?
    The decay of a society leads to the eventual sacking of the country. China may well be our version of the Visigoths.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    I'm about to go off on the gays if this doesn't stop. The gays can call each other whatever in the heck they want. I'll even provide the white out for their certificate. However, they're in for a fight if they expect me and other normal couples to drop the use of husband and wife.
    That is really silly on your part. Seems more like sour grapes to me. But have all the meltdowns you want. It isn't like the last few weeks since the election have not been amusing with all the cons going into fits over obama.

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •