Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 499

Thread: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

  1. #171
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,198

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Dodge 2 noted

    Sling all the insults you want. Doesn't bother me.
    What should I not be dodging? What important issues are you bringing up other than "Gays are Commies?"

    I would like to see where Marx said anything about homosexuality. You said it was "Marxist," so I assume you can back that up from your vast knowledge of Marx. Why is it that in Cuba, which is a Marxist state, homosexuals are imprisoned. You'd think they'd love it since it's "Marxist."


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #172
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,362
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Animals like to eat feces, their young, and a bunch of other bizarre behaviors we as rational human beings do not engage in. So as long as your dog is happy while eating poo and engaging in cannibalism you're cool with that right? If people want to kill their young, eat poo, and eat other human beings, hey animals do it, so it's cool right?
    There are good reasons for those activities. Feces contain nutrients. Eating their young promotes survival of genetic material in that it gives starving animals nutrients so they can live and breed again.

    Your question is a red herring. Gay people don't directly affect my life. The radical acceptance of anything gay people want however affects the culture I live in. Homosexuality as part of the DSM-II criteria was removed for most likely political reasons, not scientific. As a result we are now at the point where there are same sex couples who want to have kids in ways that are certainly not "natural". It's the gradual breakdown of the traditional family unit that can have real negative effects on the psychology of these kids when they get older. It has negative effects on society. The present state of Black America can directly be tied to the breakdown the Black Family.

    Study after study has shown that children do best when raised by their biological parents in a low conflict household. A male and female who are their BIOLOGICAL parents. Why would you want to deprive them of that opportunity so homosexuals can have whatever they want?
    You are making **** up. No one is accepting anything gay people want , they are accepting reasonable requests. Gay people being allowed to marry is perfectly reasonable and has good arguments in favor of it on it's merits. Homosexuality being classified as not a mental illness was not political but done based on evidence. Many many strait people have kids in ways that are not "natural" too. Did your mother gnaw your umbilical cord in two...if not you had an unnatural childbirth. Study after study shows that children do best in a household with two loving parents.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #173
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    You think I oppose it to make gays unhappy? My family values the traditional gender roles. I believe this is one reason our family is so strong in this society where divorce has risen over time. Have the dads ask their daughters whether they dream of being a bride or a "spouse b". It's the expectation of everything to go to one neutral instead of creating a sufficient alternate that infuriates me. It's similar to the atheists I want to kick the crap out of for expecting crosses to not be in public view or the stupid "holiday tree" controversy.

    why would that happen lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #174
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,362
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    There isn't one

    You can't project human emotions, motivations, and sentiments onto animals and claim it's "science"
    You can back up your claim? Bet you can't. What I said is not projecting emotions, motivations nor sentiments onto animals.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #175
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Why do you keep dodging? You're trying to characterize my opinion as a CT. It's easier for you to play these mocking games while tossing out a bunch of canards because you don't want to have a real discussion.
    Because I mock silly things. Your opinion is not based on any facts; it's solely based on your emotion of basically not liking it.

    Let's look at your quote from that link:

    So now you want to equate a medical examination (like a plumber checking the pipes) to sexual activity for pleasure. Every example you've given here is a red herring.
    No - let's look at your quote.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Sorry man but the butt is exit only
    I refuted this: it's also an entrance. It's not just about pleasure. Sex is also a way to show the feeling of love. Homosexuals can feel love, just as heterosexual couples do.

    Homosexuality was a mental illness (DSM-II Criteria) until it was removed (the case can be made it was for political reasons). There were no major scientific breakthroughs which caused psychologists to remove it. None. It was removed with a vote and only passed with 55% of that vote. A homosexual group based out of San Francisco originally started the "political protests" to remove Homosexuality from the DSM-II criteria.
    ... because you need evidence that there is a mental disorder there. There was none. The idea that it was a mental order was not accepted by those practitioners and they overturned it. The belief homosexuality is a mental disorder is archaic.

    Now you can go ahead and mock and do what you're going to do with your little tactics. I don't bother with that. Truth isn't necessarily always what you want to hear. It's not cool and trendy in today's warped culture to criticize or question homosexuality. Teh gays are a Collectivist/Liberal Victim Group now in 2012. They cannot be questioned/criticized/ect apparently.
    You can question them. You are not questioning them. You, a heterosexual man, are telling them they have a mental disorder. There's a difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    There you go with the mocking and humiliation tactics again
    See: Cry! Cry! Cry! by Johnny Cash. Poor baby.

    You are stuck in emotional arguments so you try and label anyone "stupid" who doesn't agree with you
    Nope. I only call those people stupid who appear as such. I don't base anything off emotional arguments. You, however, seem to be.

    Like I said before I don't bother with that nonsense. Keep leaning on everyone else for emotional support though if it makes you feel better.
    I'm not leaning on anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  6. #176
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Austin View Post
    Why does there have to be "equivelants"?

    Whats wrong with alternatives instead?

    If the cap doesnt fit do you need to destroy the cap, or can you wear a different hat while the person the cap fits wears the cap?

    Things like this are inflamatory, as they take from others where there is no need.

    Exactly...and this is why many are against gay marriage to start with....6% of the population want everything changed for the 94% to accomodate them..

  7. #177
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,140

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Exactly...and this is why many are against gay marriage to start with....6% of the population want everything changed for the 94% to accomodate them..

    What is changing except two lines on a government form?
    Are you offended when a form has a line for spouse?
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

  8. #178
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Only what you're legally called
    is that in fact what they are doing?
    seems the are just simplifying the form to me

    legally there will still be husbands and wifes etc in Washington, no?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    You'll have to point out where that is in Marx's writings. In most places that had a Marxist government, homosexuality got you sent to prison.

    Or do you just call everything you don't like "Marxist?"
    This will be the last time I engage you in this thread. The goal of the Frankfurt School of Fabian Socialists/Collectivists/Marxists is quite clear and well documented. Whether you choose to believe the data or not is not my problem. Hell maybe you agree with it. Wouldn't surprise me.

    The Naked Communist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.

    2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.

    3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament by the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.

    4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.

    5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.

    6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.

    7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.

    8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.

    9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.

    10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.

    11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces.

    12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.

    13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.

    14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.

    15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.

    16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.

    17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.

    18. Gain control of all student newspapers.

    19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.

    20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.

    21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.

    22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."

    23. Control art critics and directors of art museums.

    24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.

    25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.

    26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."

    27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."

    28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."

    29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.

    30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."

    31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.

    32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture—education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.

    33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.

    34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.

    35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.

    36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.

    37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.

    38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand or treat.

    39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.

    40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity, masturbation and easy divorce.

    41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.

    42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use "united force" to solve economic, political or social problems.

    43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.

    44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.

    45. epeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over nations and individuals alike.

  10. #180
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    re: State to Eliminate “Bride” & “Groom” on Marriage Certificates [W:303]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why would he change his name? You realize there is a difference between a descriptive term and a name, right?
    Did your sarcasm detector get inadvertently turned off?


    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    How could the old terms be accommodated? There is no clear equivalent to husband, wife, bride or groom in most gay couples.
    In terminology, no. In how roles shake out, it's surprising how, more often than not, even in gay couples, traditional stereotypical gender roles still unfold as they do with heterosexual couples. There still usually ends up being a "husband" and a "wife".
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •