The amusing thing is that great lengths and expense the wealthy are going through to prevent us from taking less of their money. You'd think they would want us to raise taxes so they would be paying less?There are evidently parts of the Government intent on fighting a war on behalf of the richest 1% in our society. The first casualty of that war looks to be the truth about the 50p tax.
fair share is everyone paying the same amount. right now the top 5% pay more federal income taxes than the rest of the country combined. 95% of the Nation is not coming close to paying their fair share
and don't give me the crap about ability to pay. That doesn't cut it on just about any other service. I don't pay GUIDO the Barber more for a shave or a haircut than a guy making minimum wage. A gallon of gas doesn't cost me 400 dollars compared to the 3.30 a guy who makes 20K a year pays.
Last edited by Catawba; 12-03-12 at 11:04 PM.
Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb