Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67

Thread: Naked AIDS Activists Occupy Boehner's Office

  1. #1
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Naked AIDS Activists Occupy Boehner's Office

    "Three AIDS activists protesting budget cuts threatened by the fiscal cliff were arrested Tuesday afternoon after they stripped in the outer office of House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), according to authorities.
    The U.S. Capitol Police said in a statement that the women were charged with lewd and indecent acts, a misdemeanor. Police said they did not know whether Boehner was in his office when the protesters converged shortly after12:30 p.m. and disrobed.
    Boehner's spokeswoman did not immediately comment."*

    Cenk Uygur breaks down the naked truth behind the protest: protestors were trying to bring attention to the proposed over $1.2 bilion in cuts to HIV/AIDS research funding that will literally "make them sick." If not kill them


    Watch @:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjm3sFZ_8FU&list=UU1yBKRuGpC1tSM73A0ZjYjQ& index=1&feature=plcp

    Was an odd protest. But guess what sometimes these acts raise awareness to issues and get peoples attention. The issue is that medical research funding which AIDS research and what not is covered under this, might be cut, and might cost peoples lives. Odd protest? Sure. Did it grab peoples attention and is raising awareness to this issue? Yes.


  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Naked AIDS Activists Occupy Boehner's Office

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Watch @: [/FONT][/COLOR]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjm3sFZ_8FU&list=UU1yBKRuGpC1tSM73A0ZjYjQ& index=1&feature=plcp

    Was an odd protest. But guess what sometimes these acts raise awareness to issues and get peoples attention. The issue is that medical research funding which AIDS research and what not is covered under this, might be cut, and might cost peoples lives. Odd protest? Sure. Did it grab peoples attention and is raising awareness to this issue? Yes.
    It just makes them look like morons.

  3. #3
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Naked AIDS Activists Occupy Boehner's Office

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    It just makes them look like morons.
    True they made of looked like "morons" but they got there job done on grabbing the media's attention and grabbing peoples attention to this issue.


  4. #4
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Naked AIDS Activists Occupy Boehner's Office

    So, does this mean we're going to cut spending? Isn't that the American Dream?

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Naked AIDS Activists Occupy Boehner's Office

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    So, does this mean we're going to cut spending? Isn't that the American Dream?
    As long as obama is here it is a dream.

  6. #6
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Naked AIDS Activists Occupy Boehner's Office

    There MUST be some possibility that inspired all this nakedness. Dont'cha think?
    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    As long as obama is here it is a dream.

  7. #7
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,180

    Re: Naked AIDS Activists Occupy Boehner's Office

    It could be worse. We could have "Boehner Occupies Naked AIDS Activists."

  8. #8
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Naked AIDS Activists Occupy Boehner's Office

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    True they made of looked like "morons" but they got there job done on grabbing the media's attention and grabbing peoples attention to this issue.
    Not in a good way.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    01-03-13 @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    294

    Re: Naked AIDS Activists Occupy Boehner's Office

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    It could be worse. We could have "Boehner Occupies Naked AIDS Activists."
    Now that's an article I'd read

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Naked AIDS Activists Occupy Boehner's Office

    The issue is that medical research funding which AIDS research and what not is covered under this, might be cut, and might cost peoples lives.
    Why does the government need to do this?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •