Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 51

Thread: Median Net Worth In 2010 At Lowest Level Since 1969: R [W:28]

  1. #31
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Median Net Worth In 2010 At Lowest Level Since 1969: R [W:28]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Dodge noted
    Another one that didnt read the thread..lol...trying to be a cutepoopy doesnt work with me...cya

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Median Net Worth In 2010 At Lowest Level Since 1969: R [W:28]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Another one that didnt read the thread..lol...trying to be a cutepoopy doesnt work with me...cya
    Another dodge noted

    The poor are robbing the middle class

    http://www.zerohedge.com/article/ent...ome-family-mak

    Cya

  3. #33
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Median Net Worth In 2010 At Lowest Level Since 1969: R [W:28]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    You miss the entire point...see the middleclass and poor cant stop the pigs from robbing them...so by letting the govt be the buffer at least they have something...its like Im hoping walmart gets unionized and the employees get a little more...walmart can afford it...
    NAFTA/GATT destroyed manufacturing in my blue collar town and the surrounding areas well before the housing collapse. The town next to me has had double digit unemployment for as long as I can recall looking at their numbers and my town has had it too though is slowly doing better. The reason it is doing better here than next door is because my town has been recruiting low wage employers like big box stores and restaurants and anything that will create some jobs. They are about the only ones who will come. This is a market change that will take generations to fully sort itself out. They have also invested a ton of money in high tech stuff but that does not create many jobs for the millions upon millions invested for them and they mostly bring in people from outside as workers except for low wage jobs like the janitor/groundskeeper/receptionist. These things take a lot of time to sort themselves out, and places like Walmart should not be pressured to give up jobs or raise prices when there are so few jobs out there in a lot of places and the people are barely scraping by and do not need to have to pay more for their clothes, groceries, etc. All this unionize Walmart will hurt poor people more than it will help them. It has less to do with unions and more to do with the condition on the ground in places you apparently are oblivious to.

  4. #34
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Median Net Worth In 2010 At Lowest Level Since 1969: R [W:28]


  5. #35
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Median Net Worth In 2010 At Lowest Level Since 1969: R [W:28]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    NAFTA/GATT destroyed manufacturing in my blue collar town and the surrounding areas well before the housing collapse. The town next to me has had double digit unemployment for as long as I can recall looking at their numbers and my town has had it too though is slowly doing better. The reason it is doing better here than next door is because my town has been recruiting low wage employers like big box stores and restaurants and anything that will create some jobs. They are about the only ones who will come. This is a market change that will take generations to fully sort itself out. They have also invested a ton of money in high tech stuff but that does not create many jobs for the millions upon millions invested for them and they mostly bring in people from outside as workers except for low wage jobs like the janitor/groundskeeper/receptionist. These things take a lot of time to sort themselves out, and places like Walmart should not be pressured to give up jobs or raise prices when there are so few jobs out there in a lot of places and the people are barely scraping by and do not need to have to pay more for their clothes, groceries, etc. All this unionize Walmart will hurt poor people more than it will help them. It has less to do with unions and more to do with the condition on the ground in places you apparently are oblivious to.
    Your small town and the small town next to you...is not at all a reflection of anything fisher to be honest...the title of this thread is a simple truth that all the posturing and denial cant change....along with empty claims of dodging posts that are designed to just flame...

  6. #36
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Median Net Worth In 2010 At Lowest Level Since 1969: R [W:28]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Your small town and the small town next to you...is not at all a reflection of anything fisher to be honest...the title of this thread is a simple truth that all the posturing and denial cant change....along with empty claims of dodging posts that are designed to just flame...
    These two small towns have a combined population of about 100K if you include the suburbs, and you are the one who interjected Walmart into the conversation. Perhaps to make it clearer, 10% of my CITY once worked for a single employer that no longer exists because somebody raided their equity, raided their pension, and then took the intellectual property to Asia. You might want to consider that doubling the pay of every employee at Walmart is nothing more than a drop in the bucket to the economic mess that underlies your original article and actually come up with some ideas that are more practical if you are seriously advocating for trying to close that gap. Attacking those who have money for the sake of paying for welfare creates ZERO jobs. Come up with a proposal that creates real high wage jobs as opposed to making crappy jobs pay more then you might actually understand that which you seem to always miss.

  7. #37
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Median Net Worth In 2010 At Lowest Level Since 1969: R [W:28]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    These two small towns have a combined population of about 100K if you include the suburbs, and you are the one who interjected Walmart into the conversation. Perhaps to make it clearer, 10% of my CITY once worked for a single employer that no longer exists because somebody raided their equity, raided their pension, and then took the intellectual property to Asia. You might want to consider that doubling the pay of every employee at Walmart is nothing more than a drop in the bucket to the economic mess that underlies your original article and actually come up with some ideas that are more practical if you are seriously advocating for trying to close that gap. Attacking those who have money for the sake of paying for welfare creates ZERO jobs. Come up with a proposal that creates real high wage jobs as opposed to making crappy jobs pay more then you might actually understand that which you seem to always miss.
    Your whole rant is meaningless and has nothing to do with my position....mine is quite clear and simple...working americans deserve a fair pay with fair security and benefits...like they ALWAYS have before the pigs greed became overwhelming....all this crap that they cant afford health benefits and pensions is a big crock for them to just keep pocketing more and more....you and all other corporate rich cheerleaders dont even read all the evidence posted and you just do what you always ..rant ...the rich have gotten fabulously richer TAKING from the working class...period

  8. #38
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Median Net Worth In 2010 At Lowest Level Since 1969: R [W:28]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Your whole rant is meaningless and has nothing to do with my position....mine is quite clear and simple...working americans deserve a fair pay with fair security and benefits...like they ALWAYS have before the pigs greed became overwhelming....all this crap that they cant afford health benefits and pensions is a big crock for them to just keep pocketing more and more....you and all other corporate rich cheerleaders dont even read all the evidence posted and you just do what you always ..rant ...the rich have gotten fabulously richer TAKING from the working class...period
    And you seem to ignore the reality that most of corporate America's wealth is increasingly related to everyday life--if the markets suck, insurance goes up because reserves are not being met; corporate profits feed the mutual funds that workers invest in for their retirement. It is not as simple as either/or. You are picking data points to rant about in a vacuum and proposing solutions that adversely impact wide swaths of people who are not billionaires but everyday working class people whom you claim to be advocating for. If you want to close the gap, you need to figure out a way to create high-wage jobs that can sustain themselves over generations and paying the guy who gathers up the shopping carts $20 an hour instead of $7 an hour just doesn't cut it because, among other things, it depresses the earnings of a lot of 401K investors who do not work at Wally World and need the money for retirement since the Social Security System pays pathetic benefits to a great many elderly people and is projected to flop without major reforms, and it drives up the cost of food/clothes/basic necessities for everybody who shops there who does not work there.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Median Net Worth In 2010 At Lowest Level Since 1969: R [W:28]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    3rd dodge noted

    I can hear clown bells jingling from your posts

  10. #40
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,764

    Re: Median Net Worth In 2010 At Lowest Level Since 1969: R [W:28]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Your whole rant is meaningless and has nothing to do with my position....mine is quite clear and simple...working americans deserve a fair pay with fair security and benefits...like they ALWAYS have before the pigs greed became overwhelming....all this crap that they cant afford health benefits and pensions is a big crock for them to just keep pocketing more and more....you and all other corporate rich cheerleaders dont even read all the evidence posted and you just do what you always ..rant ...the rich have gotten fabulously richer TAKING from the working class...period
    You could take and confiscate every dollar they make and it wouldnt pay for the government for an entire year. After we struggle through that year and you have destroyed the incentive for productivity, what do you do then? We are at 25% of GDP spending. No matter what we have been able to do with taxes, we have never been able to maintain much more than 20% of receipts. Just a thought here, but all the programs you so heartily support are not sustainable in a GOOD economy, let alone a bad one.

    Have you ever stopped to think about the fact that government is the reason why the so called fat cats are so able to get richer? You are for giving more and more to government, yet government is doing all kinds of redistribution but things are not getting better for the middle class, more of whom are becoming lower class under current policies.

    Your argument is more of an idealogy than a well thought out, reasoned argument. Can you point out to me where making rich people poorer makes poor people richer? It doesnt seem to be working.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •