Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: CEO Council Demands Cuts To Poor, Elderly While Reaping Billions In Government Contra

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: CEO Council Demands Cuts To Poor, Elderly While Reaping Billions In Government Co

    Only to those who can't see the trees through the forest. Ask private air craft companies, those in the hospitality trade, and many others. There aren't enough government phat cat conventions to keep them going.

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    That scare tactic is worn out. Time has proven it wrong.

  2. #22
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: CEO Council Demands Cuts To Poor, Elderly While Reaping Billions In Government Co

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Do you enjoy your class warfare?
    Tell me, where am I wrong?
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: CEO Council Demands Cuts To Poor, Elderly While Reaping Billions In Government Co

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    Only to those who can't see the trees through the forest. Ask private air craft companies, those in the hospitality trade, and many others. There aren't enough government phat cat conventions to keep them going.
    I'll ask them immediately, if not sooner.

  4. #24
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: CEO Council Demands Cuts To Poor, Elderly While Reaping Billions In Government Co

    I might agree with you if your argument was regarding regulations. Certainly our excessive bureaucracy costs millions of jobs. There are many products that aren't made in Americxa at all due to EPA, OSHA and similar agencies.

    But I don't agree that personal income tax is a factor in so much as one job. Income taxes are paid on your net income. If your company nets 10 million a year, you'll want to make that 10 million or more rehardless of your tax rate. Until the tax rate becomes 100%, every dollar you earn puts more money in your personal pocket.

    The reason for low wages and layoffs in recent years is unrelated to taxes which are at historic lows. It's because business is slower. We don't have any more temporary rich people because those houses that were worth a million in 2005 are now worth less than they were bought for. Also, the mu;lti-year shopping spree the housing bubble caused ius over - how many flat screens can you possibly need? Also, with high unemployment its easy to screw your employees, never give raises and double up workloads and SOME companies have taken advantage of this to squeeze out more profit - on which the don't mind giving up the taxes on.

    Can you honestly say you let go of employees because you wanted to make less money so you could pay less tax? I doubt that.

    ((this is a respectful conversation and NOT any kind of personal attack))


    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    It wasn't an argument. It was a fact. In fact due to changes imposed by government my business reduced hours for people until some had to leave and they were not replaced. I don't care what your vast experience was mine was exact and in fact I'd have to say you are being obtuse to not recognize it as a fact. It leads me to think there is some personal jealousy being propelled by you to soak the rich / maybe punish them? The fact is the changes you think are prudent would cost plenty of people their jobs, and wouldn't even balance our budget. Such a scenario will simply hasten our demise. Maybe that's your goal?

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: CEO Council Demands Cuts To Poor, Elderly While Reaping Billions In Government Co

    So their children will get a top education. They will likely pay for that education privately and still pay the taxes required for public schools.

    Why do you have a problem with how they spend their wealth? A yacht can help create a number of good jobs for maintenance, security, dock management etc. You seem to have an envy. These people already pay for the vast majority of Americas burdens and you expect more?

    I really look forward to the day the rich start leaving the governments like California and our nation behind. Take their wealth and enjoy it some where free of this hate and wanton jealousy.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Do you enjoy your class warfare?

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: CEO Council Demands Cuts To Poor, Elderly While Reaping Billions In Government Co

    My business was small. 15 employees at its peak. I did strive for a certain income level so that my tax rate didn't go up but the greater impacts were minimum wage, utility user taxes ( local ), and several other impositions for the public good at state and local level. My staff had to be reduced from 450 hours a week to 360 in one year. Ultimately 300 hours after a few years. The only time the income tax was an issue was when my business thrived and peaked. In 2003 I was able to add IRA contribution to 5 long time employees. That benefit was cut in 2008. It wouldn't have happened without the personal income tax savings I got from the bush tax cuts.


    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    I might agree with you if your argument was regarding regulations. Certainly our excessive bureaucracy costs millions of jobs. There are many products that aren't made in Americxa at all due to EPA, OSHA and similar agencies.

    But I don't agree that personal income tax is a factor in so much as one job. Income taxes are paid on your net income. If your company nets 10 million a year, you'll want to make that 10 million or more rehardless of your tax rate. Until the tax rate becomes 100%, every dollar you earn puts more money in your personal pocket.

    The reason for low wages and layoffs in recent years is unrelated to taxes which are at historic lows. It's because business is slower. We don't have any more temporary rich people because those houses that were worth a million in 2005 are now worth less than they were bought for. Also, the mu;lti-year shopping spree the housing bubble caused ius over - how many flat screens can you possibly need? Also, with high unemployment its easy to screw your employees, never give raises and double up workloads and SOME companies have taken advantage of this to squeeze out more profit - on which the don't mind giving up the taxes on.

    Can you honestly say you let go of employees because you wanted to make less money so you could pay less tax? I doubt that.

    ((this is a respectful conversation and NOT any kind of personal attack))

  7. #27
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,903

    Re: CEO Council Demands Cuts To Poor, Elderly While Reaping Billions In Government Co

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Tell me, where am I wrong?
    shrug...

    I didn't say you were wrong. I just asked if you enjoy your class warfare?
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  8. #28
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: CEO Council Demands Cuts To Poor, Elderly While Reaping Billions In Government Co

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    You have my support. I've had many employees, I paid them generously and shared the profits with them. Even then, I still made good money and paid plenty of taxes without loopholes and had no problem doing so. I'm always surprised that the rich are so strongly defended by the not-rich. Except for a few thousand super-selfish CEOs, I think most high income people are very philosophical about their tax burden. If you make a million, you still keep about $670K which is far more than you need to live on.

    So, there are the "rich" and the "selfish rich". The latter makes more noise. That's one of the reasons I didn't vote for Romney despite my disappointment with Obama. He was focused on having hundreds of millions and paying as little tax as possible so I felt that he would use the Presidency to cut himself tax breaks that he didn't need.

    I don't know any billionaires but I'll guess most of them are happy enough to pay the taxes and still be billionaires.

    I did the same speck, I paid my employees more than any competition around me...I rarely had employee issues and I had a waiting list to work for me..while others couldnt find anyone to work for them. I was always there for my employees as I should be..after all they were making me money while I slept, ate, watched TV and was at an amusement park with my kids....your damn right I treated them right....some small business owners believe they OWN their employees and they should only exist to enrich them at all costs...nonesense, thats the trouble with these pigs at the trough today...they want too damn much

  9. #29
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: CEO Council Demands Cuts To Poor, Elderly While Reaping Billions In Government Co

    Yayyy i love corporate capitalism. Nothing so sweet as it is having the government help out the rich and corporations while the rest of us get the boot and have to pay for it. Muah!


  10. #30
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,903

    Re: CEO Council Demands Cuts To Poor, Elderly While Reaping Billions In Government Co

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Yayyy i love corporate capitalism. Nothing so sweet as it is having the government help out the rich and corporations while the rest of us get the boot and have to pay for it. Muah!
    Awww...

    Did some corporation treat you badly? You poor boy.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •