Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 436

Thread: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

  1. #331
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,804

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Public school has no rights, so no.

    As I have stated before, this has been dismantled. You claim I lie and then continue with an argument that proves I am not. I have addressed all your issues, you can only ignore and deflect ad nauseum. And that is a fact.
    Does my kid have the right to go anywhere on school property at any time she wants? Nope
    Do I have the right to go anywhere on school property at any time she wants? Nope
    Does the school have the right to know who is on their property , where and when? Yes
    again at the end of the day the tags in the manner they are used do not infringe on freedom or rights and the school has the right to know who is on their property, when and where.

    make 50 more posts these facts will not change
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #332
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,957

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Public school has no rights, so no.

    As I have stated before, this has been dismantled. You claim I lie and then continue with an argument that proves I am not. I have addressed all your issues, you can only ignore and deflect ad nauseum. And that is a fact.
    Schools do not have rights but they have been granted with powers. The question is, is the power to monitor students a violation? As it is now the answer is no. We monitor where students go and when they go. We are already violating their 4th Amendment rights according to your argument, right? Then we get to the tricky part.... how much monitoring is OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  3. #333
    Educator AreteCourage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    08-30-13 @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    790

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    and if i am the school administrator and experience a columbine-like assault, i want to know how many of my students are located in the most vulnerable location
    with this device, i should be able to learn that information
    How often does a Columbine happen?

    This is about sacrificing freedom for safety which is wrong on all levels. I reiterate that freedom is not safe and was never meant to be, and we cannot teach our kids about it by taking them away.

    Who is to say that the people doing this Columbine don't have access to these location trackers too, and can find the ones they want to kill first..which maybe your kid!
    Libertarian and Atheist...wow I'm a hated man.

  4. #334
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by AreteCourage View Post
    How often does a Columbine happen?

    This is about sacrificing freedom for safety which is wrong on all levels. I reiterate that freedom is not safe and was never meant to be, and we cannot teach our kids about it by taking them away.

    Who is to say that the people doing this Columbine don't have access to these location trackers too, and can find the ones they want to kill first..which maybe your kid!
    A columbine doesn't happen often, thankfully.
    Kids scrawling graffiti - happens often.
    Kids bullying other kids - happens often.
    Kids cutting class - happens often.
    Kids doing stupid things and getting hurt - happens often.
    Parents suing the school because their kids did something stupid - happens often.

    Why, you might ask, would parents sue if their kids did something stupid and got hurt? Answer: Because the school is responsible for the stupid things that kids do, and therefore must monitor their behavior. The school acts in place of the parents, and therefore has a mandate to keep track of their wards. When they fail to do this, which also happens all too often, then it is the school as well as the minors who are at fault.

    Kids are kids. They are not adults and can't be treated as adults. Let them graduate and turn 18, then the stupid things they do are on them.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #335
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Is the power to monitor students a violation?
    No. It's an obligation of the school. I expect my kid's school to take every reasonable means to ensure the safety of my children from the minute I drop them off to the minute I pick them up. If RFID chips on a card will help ensure that the obligation is fulfilled, I don't have a single issue with it.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #336
    Educator AreteCourage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    08-30-13 @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    790

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    A columbine doesn't happen often, thankfully.
    Kids scrawling graffiti - happens often.
    Kids bullying other kids - happens often.
    Kids cutting class - happens often.
    Kids doing stupid things and getting hurt - happens often.
    Parents suing the school because their kids did something stupid - happens often.

    Why, you might ask, would parents sue if their kids did something stupid and got hurt? Answer: Because the school is responsible for the stupid things that kids do, and therefore must monitor their behavior. The school acts in place of the parents, and therefore has a mandate to keep track of their wards. When they fail to do this, which also happens all too often, then it is the school as well as the minors who are at fault.

    Kids are kids. They are not adults and can't be treated as adults. Let them graduate and turn 18, then the stupid things they do are on them.
    My point is that electronic monitoring is going too far. The school can use other means...but this is way too far
    Libertarian and Atheist...wow I'm a hated man.

  7. #337
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Schools do not have rights but they have been granted with powers. The question is, is the power to monitor students a violation? As it is now the answer is no. We monitor where students go and when they go. We are already violating their 4th Amendment rights according to your argument, right? Then we get to the tricky part.... how much monitoring is OK?
    Exactly. I agree with you here. This is very different than what Objective is saying, however. But yes, they have been given the privilege and duty to monitor the property and to some level they may do so. But ultimately they are limited and there are things which are off limits even in the vain of monitoring a property they have the privilege and duty to monitor. This level of electronic measurement, tracking, and databasing I say is right out. It's too grievous an assault on the 4th and it is exceptionally dangerous to indoctrinate our kids into accepting these aggressive forms of violations.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #338
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,804

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by AreteCourage View Post
    My point is that electronic monitoring is going too far. The school can use other means...but this is way too far
    and nobody is knocking that opinion, depending on how it was used i may agree with you, people are just pointing out the fact that it doesnt violate any rights or freedoms like some falsely pointed out.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #339
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,462

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    as long as its on their property during school hours im find with it. Nobody is forcing her.

    My work has the same badge, its never bothered me

    Do you see harm in it?
    How does the tracking magically stop when the student leaves school grounds?

  10. #340
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,804

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    How does the tracking magically stop when the student leaves school grounds?
    never said it did
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •