Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 436

Thread: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

  1. #261
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You are aware not being allow all over the property is not connected to this, correct?
    actually it is at least what im talking about and what matters to my points
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #262
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    its not "public school property" so thats why you fail, i have no right to be on that property, did you see me mention government property vs public property etc? nope you tried that failed line not me LMAO

    here it is again
    its school property and they have every right to monitor who is on it, until you can change this fact you have nothing
    this is as factyuall as it gets and you lying and saying its not doesnt change that fact
    i keep waiting for you to have anything to change this fact, you dont.
    It's still owned by the same folk for public schools. It's government land. The "school" a government entity. This isn't private property, well it is in the case of private schools, but we seem to have focused down to the public ones.

    They have no rights, as government can have no rights, but they have the privilege to manage and oversee it. But that is not unlimited in scope and power.

    you can continually deny this, but that's nothing more than dishonesty on your part as you want to make a case for public monitoring of citizens here without succumbing to the aggregated effects of allowing it in general. It's very clear why you are trying to make this non-existent distinction and pretend that the school has unlimited capacity to monitor the students anyway they want. It's just not true. All government power is limited.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    and yes im aware that they think a school or business motoring people on their property which they have the right to do will lead to the sci-fi nonsenical of me having a chip at all times for the government to monitor.
    So monitoring you is sci-fi, is it? I guess that would explain why the technology for it exists this very moment. Interesting how you know that monitoring your kids is a reality, but you still somehow believe monitoring you is not possible. There is a certain amount of naivety about that.

    they arent the same, if they want to have those nonsensical fears they are welcome to them Lmao
    They are the same.

  4. #264
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    The students who feel this is a no-go need to step up and render the system useless. They'd need at most four cheap jammers, hidden strategically around the school. Not a difficult thing to do. That in itself would end this little experiment.

    Or, if they want to go collective action (don't know is this generation has it in them or not), everyone swap cards randomly, every day, at the end of every period.

    Or, clone the hell out of them and start leaving the clones in random places. Or, start placing magnets near all the readers (when they swipe the data gets erased/corrupted).

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    actually it is at least what im talking about and what matters to my points
    I'm afraid not. Not being allow in certain areas at certain times is completely disconnected from this in fact.

  6. #266
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's still owned by the same folk for public schools. It's government land. The "school" a government entity. This isn't private property, well it is in the case of private schools, but we seem to have focused down to the public ones.

    They have no rights, as government can have no rights, but they have the privilege to manage and oversee it. But that is not unlimited in scope and power.

    you can continually deny this, but that's nothing more than dishonesty on your part as you want to make a case for public monitoring of citizens here without succumbing to the aggregated effects of allowing it in general. It's very clear why you are trying to make this non-existent distinction and pretend that the school has unlimited capacity to monitor the students anyway they want. It's just not true. All government power is limited.
    sigh, once again
    its school property and they have every right to monitor who is on it, until you can change this fact you have nothing.

    are you saying you can show up at the school and go where ever you want when ever you want? you have that right? of course you dont lol

    Ill keep waiting
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #267
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    1.)So monitoring you is sci-fi, is it? I guess that would explain why the technology for it exists this very moment. Interesting how you know that monitoring your kids is a reality, but you still somehow believe monitoring you is not possible. There is a certain amount of naivety about that.



    2.)They are the same.
    1.) weird i never said this at all, but please continue to make stuff up LMAO where did i say the technology doesn't exist???? LMAO
    2.) facts and reality disagree

    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #268
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    sigh, once again
    its school property and they have every right to monitor who is on it, until you can change this fact you have nothing.

    are you saying you can show up at the school and go where ever you want when ever you want? you have that right? of course you dont lol

    Ill keep waiting
    They have a right and a duty to keep the students from misbehaving as well, does that mean they can use any method to do so? Shock collars required?

  9. #269
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    sigh, once again
    its school property and they have every right to monitor who is on it, until you can change this fact you have nothing.

    are you saying you can show up at the school and go where ever you want when ever you want? you have that right? of course you dont lol

    Ill keep waiting
    They have the limited privilege to monitor, yes. This privilege does not grant universal action or force, which is where you are going wrong. Government power is limited. I am not saying that I can show up and go anywhere I want, that's just stupid deflection. But just because some places on public property are off limits doesn't mean that the government now has unlimited license to monitor me anyway I want.

    It would be like needing an RFID tag to go to any state or national park. I mean, you can't go everywhere there, yes? Plus you could get lost, and the RFID tag can find you, yes? In public in general there are lots of places you cannot willy nilly go. Just because there exists restrictions does not mean that the privileged party has unlimited force. This is the failure of your argument.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #270
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    They have a right and a duty to keep the students from misbehaving as well, does that mean they can use any method to do so? Shock collars required?
    Nothing is lost, right? The crux of Objective's argument. And you can't go everywhere, right? So obviously Objective would have zero problem with schools using shock collars.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •