Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 436

Thread: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

  1. #221
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i missed the part where you described how wearing this device works to the student's detriment
    How would it work against any of our detriments if we were to adopt this policy on whole? Yet would you support the government tagging you with RFID everywhere you go?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    as to what, give me an example
    I dont really by into slippery slopes to much with out logical reason.
    I'm sure there are many examples. Some benign, some extreme.

    It's my opinion that strapping these chips on people can and likely will lead to more things involving chips. If I am wrong, do you know the concept of strapping chips to people will go no further, ever?

  3. #223
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    uhm no these are not even close to the same thing, there are many places outside of my home that i am free to go to anytime i please when ever i want. SO sorry that example is a HUGE failure.
    Many places in the school students are free to go during school time as well. Is it a huge failure only because you cannot rectify these two uses of authoritative force and wish to deflect away?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    however are you free to come into my home anytime you want whenever you want? nope
    do i have the right to monitor you if you do? yep
    So long as I am not forced onto your property, such as the use of government force mandating school attendance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    sorry nothing IS lost.
    "Nothing is lost" is not valid argument for expansion of force. A man has a right to keep himself, his property, his effects, and his papers from unwarranted search and seizure. In today's electronic world where it is possible to monitor location, that becomes part of my papers. If you have WARRANT to monitor my position, then by all means. Otherwise, bugger off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    Right now my kid is at school and they dont have tags, they most certainly cant go anywhere in the building they want at anytime the want.
    And they most certainly are not prevented from going anywhere either. So what's your point here? This little "If you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to fear" argument you've constructed? Those are almost always a sign that what you want is amoral and likely unconstitutional.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #224
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,783

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    1.)Many places in the school students are free to go during school time as well. Is it a huge failure only because you cannot rectify these two uses of authoritative force and wish to deflect away?



    So long as I am not forced onto your property, such as the use of government force mandating school attendance.



    "Nothing is lost" is not valid argument for expansion of force. A man has a right to keep himself, his property, his effects, and his papers from unwarranted search and seizure. In today's electronic world where it is possible to monitor location, that becomes part of my papers. If you have WARRANT to monitor my position, then by all means. Otherwise, bugger off.



    And they most certainly are not prevented from going anywhere either. So what's your point here? This little "If you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to fear" argument you've constructed? Those are almost always a sign that what you want is amoral and likely unconstitutional.
    1.) only by choice of the school not by rights
    2.) again not even close, its school property and you can get home schooled
    3.) good thing i didnt say its a good argument its just a fact nothing changes rights and freedom wise, on school property they have that right, again your example does not apply

    4.) wrong again, she most certainly is stopped from going places all the time

    like i said no rights or freedoms are being infringed and your examples are not relevant at all to this situation.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #225
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    This is one of those things where just because you could do a thing, doesn't mean you should.

  6. #226
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,783

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I'm sure there are many examples. Some benign, some extreme.

    It's my opinion that strapping these chips on people can and likely will lead to more things involving chips. If I am wrong, do you know the concept of strapping chips to people will go no further, ever?
    you are free to have that opinion i was just curious if you could provide any logic for you assumptions, you dont have any so my concerns are still at a minimum that all. You original concern seemed to jump form something that was a right of the school/business to something that was a violation of rights and i wanted you to clear that up. Thats all
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    you are free to have that opinion i was just curious if you could provide any logic for you assumptions, you dont have any so my concerns are still at a minimum that all. You original concern seemed to jump form something that was a right of the school/business to something that was a violation of rights and i wanted you to clear that up. Thats all
    Not sure I understood all of that.

    In short, I question the notion of placing chips on people, and I think it is prudent to consider the possibilities. If this school and some other places do this, where else in the future? Will the chip always remain outside of the body, or, with sophistication, will they soon become implanted? Who knows. However, it's never illogical to be skeptical, and to ask questions.

  8. #228
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) only by choice of the school not by rights
    2.) again not even close, its school property and you can get home schooled
    3.) good thing i didnt say its a good argument its just a fact nothing changes rights and freedom wise, on school property they have that right, again your example does not apply

    4.) wrong again, she most certainly is stopped from going places all the time

    like i said no rights or freedoms are being infringed and your examples are not relevant at all to this situation.
    They are, but you don't want to see them is all. You say it's different from public because in public there are places you can go. But in school there are places students can go as well. Just like in public proper. But you don't want to address that, so you deflect away with "she can't go everywhere". You can't go "everywhere" in public either. Your argument is clearly of the "If you're not doing anything wrong" variety, and if that is to be valid argument, why would you not accept this on larger scale. You're not losing anything, yes? You are using that as a basis of argument. So if you're not losing anything, government may do anything, yes?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #229
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Not sure I understood all of that.

    In short, I question the notion of placing chips on people, and I think it is prudent to consider the possibilities. If this school and some other places do this, where else in the future? Will the chip always remain outside of the body, or, with sophistication, will they soon become implanted? Who knows. However, it's never illogical to be skeptical, and to ask questions.
    It is but the preliminary. People would object to forcing them to carry RFID in public, even though it would be no different than on the limited scale here. However, if you indoctrinate those people early on to accept this form of monitoring, when it's finally aggregated up there will be little to no complaints. Some people just don't understand the necessities and responsibilities required to maintain and keep a free state and happily applaud as we move further towards fascism and slavery.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It is but the preliminary. People would object to forcing them to carry RFID in public, even though it would be no different than on the limited scale here. However, if you indoctrinate those people early on to accept this form of monitoring, when it's finally aggregated up there will be little to no complaints. Some people just don't understand the necessities and responsibilities required to maintain and keep a free state and happily applaud as we move further towards fascism and slavery.
    Like slowly "nudging" society to change.

    This nudging can explain why today is so much different from the 50's.

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •