Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 611

Thread: Atheist Action Halts Calif. Nativity Display; Churches Go to Court

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Atheist Action Halts Calif. Nativity Display; Churches Go to Court

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Fine. They exercised their right to free speech. Why would Conservatives be bothered by that? I thought you guys were all about personal freedoms and such.

    Maybe it's a dick move. Still their right, and it still doesn't excuse their sign being vandalized, most likely by a "Christian," despite your claims that they did it themselves.

    Threads like this remind me of why I dislike the Republican Party. They talk all about their freedom of speech, then scream like a banshee when someone has a dissenting opinion.
    I notice that you are willing to blame a Christian anyway even though there is no evidence to support it, but that's OK, isn't it? Because that is NOT a protected group. Now, if a nativity scene were to be vandalized by an atheist, I imagine you'd be singing a different tune, wouldn't you? I'm going to play your card here and assume you would. And yes, it is a dick move. threads like this remind be why I hate idiots. Everybody has a right to be one I suppose, but some elevate it to an art form.

  2. #202
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,174

    Re: Atheist Action Halts Calif. Nativity Display; Churches Go to Court

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Who started it? The rest is all true, and now no one gets anything. It was moronic and there is no defense for that.
    It's important to remember the facts here - there were various spaces and the city held a lottery drawing to determine who got them. The atheists won a few spaces which they used to spread their ideas. Christians got their panties in a wad and committed acts of vandalism. That's what led to the city deciding to end the practice.

    If whoever vandalized the atheist displays had displayed a little Christianity, it would still be going on. That's the moron who wrecked it all for everyone - someone who couldn't deal with the fact that someone had a different point of view.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #203
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,174

    Re: Atheist Action Halts Calif. Nativity Display; Churches Go to Court

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    I notice that you are willing to blame a Christian anyway even though there is no evidence to support it, but that's OK, isn't it? Because that is NOT a protected group. Now, if a nativity scene were to be vandalized by an atheist, I imagine you'd be singing a different tune, wouldn't you? I'm going to play your card here and assume you would. And yes, it is a dick move. threads like this remind be why I hate idiots. Everybody has a right to be one I suppose, but some elevate it to an art form.
    Strawman much? You can't actually argue with anything I said, so you're going to "assume" that I'm just some atheist Libloon like them all?

    That seems to be going around.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #204
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Atheist Action Halts Calif. Nativity Display; Churches Go to Court

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I did not say anything was illegal, anti-constitutional etc was done by atheists. Nice try though. They were clearly wrong. Now no one can show or display anything because of dickheads who don't want good will and cheer. They want to further a political agenda fostered in hate
    Except it wasn't the atheists who got the displays canceled. It was the folk who vandalized the atheist's display. So your anger is misplaced.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Atheist Action Halts Calif. Nativity Display; Churches Go to Court

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Strawman much? You can't actually argue with anything I said, so you're going to "assume" that I'm just some atheist Libloon like them all?

    That seems to be going around.
    It's not just this post rocketman, your history points to it. There are others on here that I generally disagree with but they do occasionally make good points. You however...

  6. #206
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,592

    Re: Atheist Action Halts Calif. Nativity Display; Churches Go to Court

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So then what are you warranting against? People displaying their ideas on a sign? Look buddy, if that piece of **** NYC anti-Muslim ad got support on this forum from such right winger religious members as:











    Then this should have gotten the same response. However, it hasn't because you have served as the theists own little Trojan horse by getting on some holier than thou crusade against the atheists who did nothing illegal or even REMOTELY questionable. End of the story is:

    1. Atheists did nothing wrong.
    2. Theists vandalized their sign because they got their feelings hurt.

    No matter how you cut it, at no point should the theists be cut any slack simply because they got their feelings hurt with words. As a matter of fact they should be rightfully laughed at as their actions ensured that not even their message would get a forum to be heard on.


    Hatuey appears to think that I'm a "theist." He does have some wild imagination.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #207
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,344

    Re: Atheist Action Halts Calif. Nativity Display; Churches Go to Court

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    I am not arguing about what it was shut down. My argument is about the timing of the message. I completely understand why the city shut it down, but to put all of the blame on the vandalism is wrong.
    Why is it wrong to put the blame where it lies? My bet is that if the vandalism hadn't happened, the displays would have remained up, both sides would have had their say, and a week from now nobody would have remembered the incident.

    I have more of an issue with Westboro, I think they are despicable in their message, but I wonder what would have happened if they had bought the spaces.

    City cancelled due to vandalism and not wanting to deal with the BS.

  8. #208
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Atheist Action Halts Calif. Nativity Display; Churches Go to Court

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And Christians get there panties in a wad over atheist wishing people a happy holiday so much so they vandalize
    I see malice in what the atheists are trying to do. There's no hate involved in putting up a nativity scene. No doubt you'll try to find some though.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #209
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Atheist Action Halts Calif. Nativity Display; Churches Go to Court

    This is just such a non issue. If religious organizations were smart (I know...I said IF) they would simply unite and promote a commercial free Christmas. Keep your religion Free Xmases and Seasons Greetings...just buy NOTHING. Christmas isnt about the commercial enterprise of the Holyday so stop feeding the beast.

    Watch how fast things change.

  10. #210
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,151

    Re: Atheist Action Halts Calif. Nativity Display; Churches Go to Court

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I see malice in what the atheists are trying to do. There's no hate involved in putting up a nativity scene. No doubt you'll try to find some though.
    the hate manifested itself in the vandalism of all the exhibits ... well, all excepting the nativity scene
    apparently that's what Jesus would do [/s]
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •