Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 611

Thread: Atheist Action Halts Calif. Nativity Display; Churches Go to Court

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    01-16-14 @ 05:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,431

    Re: Atheist Action Halts Calif. Nativity Display; Churches Go to Court

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    That is a rather pathetic response. Just like your statement that we Christians have a desire to burn people at the stake. As if you don't have an agenda and clear cut anti-Christian viewpoint? That statement you made about burning people at the stake was quite clearly an incendiary statement. I don't get my panties in a wad over that though. It didn't get my dander up. So don't mistake my quoting it. I want to point out that it was a LOW BLOW.

    So let me ask you: how exactly can you claim some sort of "moral high ground" when you are clearly just as militantly anti-Christian as you seem to think ALL Christians are anti-Atheist? I am willing to bet that you couldn't tell the difference between Methodist, Baptist, Presbyterian, and Catholic if you were in each church right? Let alone the agendas of each right?

    That being said: Do you agree or disagree that the prohibition of the PUBLIC SPACE for EITHER the Christian OR atheists is against the First Amendment?

    Keep in mind you CANNOT punish a group that you don't know is responsible. That is also against the Constitution. BTW it would be very easy for an atheist to kick over their own signs for a little attention. I don't claim that is what happened, but given the nature of many people...I can't say I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. Just like it wouldn't surprise me if a few dirt bag kids from one of the churches did the same thing.
    Look, you obviously didn't read the linked article nor did you read the thread because your responses were, well, uninspiring. I could go through your post, line by line, and refute the idiocy inherent therein, but I just don't have the time nor the inclination.

    Try cmakaioz, he has far more patience then I could ever summon.

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Atheist Action Halts Calif. Nativity Display; Churches Go to Court

    I really wish these pseudo-Christians would stop using my religion for political purposes. Why would any Christian want government sanctioning of its iconography or beliefs. It's bad for government and bad for Christianity. Secular government is good for religious freedom.

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    01-16-14 @ 05:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,431

    Re: Atheist Action Halts Calif. Nativity Display; Churches Go to Court

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    I really wish these pseudo-Christians would stop using my religion for political purposes. Why would any Christian want government sanctioning of its iconography or beliefs. It's bad for government and bad for Christianity. Secular government is good for religious freedom.

    You sound like my mom. And she's a pretty smart lady.

  4. #164
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Atheist Action Halts Calif. Nativity Display; Churches Go to Court

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So then what are you warranting against? People displaying their ideas on a sign? Look buddy, if that piece of **** NYC anti-Muslim ad got support on this forum from such right winger religious members as:











    Then this should have gotten the same response. However, it hasn't because you have served as the theists own little Trojan horse by getting on some holier than thou crusade against the atheists who did nothing illegal or even REMOTELY questionable. End of the story is:

    1. Atheists did nothing wrong.
    2. Theists vandalized their sign because they got their feelings hurt.

    No matter how you cut it, at no point should the theists be cut any slack simply because they got their feelings hurt with words. As a matter of fact they should be rightfully laughed at as their actions ensured that not even their message would get a forum to be heard on.
    I have no idea what anti-muslim ad you are talking about so I can't weigh in.

    My problem is that the atheist took a holiday celebration and turned it in a referendum on how God isn't real. Being an atheist, I understand the encroachment of religion on my rights, but this was a petty fight and gives atheists a bad name.
    Hail to the King baby!

  5. #165
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Atheist Action Halts Calif. Nativity Display; Churches Go to Court

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    I have no idea what anti-muslim ad you are talking about so I can't weigh in.

    My problem is that the atheist took a holiday celebration and turned it in a referendum on how God isn't real. Being an atheist, I understand the encroachment of religion on my rights, but this was a petty fight and gives atheists a bad name.
    Yawn, look - if you don't like the sign, say so. If the religious don't like their beliefs being questioned 365 days of the year and want an exception to be made on their hippie haired fairy's birthday. They don't have a right to that exception. As a matter of fact, they don't have a right to it for the same reason that allows them to even voice their opinion on the matter. You are essentially disregarding the fact that A) a crime was committed and B) at no point do you have a right to not get your feelings hurt, simply because you're on some holier than thou mission.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #166
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Atheist Action Halts Calif. Nativity Display; Churches Go to Court

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Yawn, look - if you don't like the sign, say so. If the religious don't like their beliefs being questioned 365 days of the year and want an exception to be made on their hippie haired fairy's birthday. They don't have a right to that exception. As a matter of fact, they don't have a right to it for the same reason that allows them to even voice their opinion on the matter. You are essentially disregarding the fact that A) a crime was committed and B) at no point do you have a right to not get your feelings hurt, simply because you're on some holier than thou mission.
    I fail to see where I am disregarding the crime and the only feelings that are hurt are those who don't get to see the nativity scene that has been there for 60 years.
    Hail to the King baby!

  7. #167
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,306

    Re: Atheist Action Halts Calif. Nativity Display; Churches Go to Court

    Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Look, you obviously didn't read the linked article nor did you read the thread because your responses were, well, uninspiring. I could go through your post, line by line, and refute the idiocy inherent therein, but I just don't have the time nor the inclination.

    Try cmakaioz, he has far more patience then I could ever summon.
    IS banning the spaces for Christian use a VIOLATION or not? If the Navity counsel can't get their spaces becuse the atheists groups enter a ton of people into the raffle for spaces, and the Nativity counsel doesn't put more offers in that is fine. Those spots are "first come first server" or in this case "luck of the draw." There is NOTHING wrong with that. I support the First Amendment. Do you?

    SHOULD the city counsel be allowed to ban the display if it is Christian? What is the purpose of banning the Nativity scene? Give me a GOOD reason?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  8. #168
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Atheist Action Halts Calif. Nativity Display; Churches Go to Court

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post

    SHOULD the city counsel be allowed to ban the display if it is Christian? What is the purpose of banning the Nativity scene? Give me a GOOD reason?
    Because peoples participation in the occasion were vandalized.

  9. #169
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,306

    Re: Atheist Action Halts Calif. Nativity Display; Churches Go to Court

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    I really wish these pseudo-Christians would stop using my religion for political purposes. Why would any Christian want government sanctioning of its iconography or beliefs. It's bad for government and bad for Christianity. Secular government is good for religious freedom.
    YES it IS bad for BOTH. It isn't "secular" if the government chooses to back a specic side though. It IS backing a side by disallowing the Nativity counsel to post their scenes in THEIR spots that they got in the raffle. It isn't Christian to trash the atheist displays. That is not something I can condone. But you can't punish the Nativity counsel for the actions of a criminal. Then you set the stage for someone to "stage" destruction of property to get their opposition to lose out. This would be like Burger King getting vandlized by a NcDonalds employee, and then have the government state that McDonalds can no longer exist in a town. It was the actions of an individual that caused the problem. You can't punish an entire group for that.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  10. #170
    Fourum Addmean
    shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the sodomizers
    Last Seen
    03-18-16 @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,758

    Re: Atheist Action Halts Calif. Nativity Display; Churches Go to Court

    It's a good thing our American society is so egalitarian.......not......

Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •