Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 35 of 35

Thread: Oreily Talking Points on Election

  1. #31
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Oreily Talking Points on Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Completely false. In the election immediately after Reagan gave amnesty to 3.7 million Mexicans, the Mexicans still voted overwhelmingly for the Democrat, just as they did in the last election.

    Lesson learned: Amnesty doesn't buy votes, taking from Americans and awarding to Mexicans buys the Mexican vote.


    Do you have something that demonstrates that mexicans voted for democrats after reagan gave them amnesty ? I have never seen anything like that and I would like to read it...so please post where you got your information

  2. #32
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Oreily Talking Points on Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    That's the unclear part of O'Reilly's question - how does he define "traditional america."
    From the context of O'Reilly's piece, I took it to mean "socially conservative Christian America."

    The clock only moves in one direction, and the past will always remain in the past. However, social conservatism is not dead. Interestingly, it is alive and well among Hispanic Americans, who apparently are to be heavily courted by Republicans for the next presidential election.
    Took him to mean deterioration of the foundation of the basic nuclear family and limited role of governtment. (limited dependance on federal govt specifically....)


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

  3. #33
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Oreily Talking Points on Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsa View Post
    Oh yes Traditional America. Let us wax nostaligic for the white man's heaven on earth.
    What a crock.


    Attachment 67137950




    or maybe its this traditional america:








    Attachment 67137952
    Like that's the way it was everyday. But it's much better now, cause you only have black people killing each other.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #34
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-14 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: Oreily Talking Points on Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    That's what the media, the liberals and the establishment Republican RINOs always tell us, but oddly, they NEVER run for election on Conservative values.

    If Hispanics are voting overwhelmingly for liberals, they are NOT Conservatives at all.

    Important to keep in mind that the culture of imported Mexican voters come from a country and culture where everything in their life depends on the largess of the Mexican government. They are imported socialists to vote for liberals, who then reward them just as the Mexican government did in Mexico. That is their culture, that is who they are.

    That is the problem facing America.
    We are again at the Alamo, surrounded and stranded. The younger generation must avenge our defeat or get massacred themselves.
    On the outside, trickling down on the insiders.
    We won't live free until the 1% live in fear.
    Hey, richboys! Imagine the boot of democracy stomping on your faces, forever.

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Oreily Talking Points on Election

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Perhaps traditional always gives way to social change. But the things that got me worried were the facts about the children born outside of wedlock... and all the other facts. Not his own personal hopes or his anti-secularist agenda. I am pro secularism. It is a wonderful thing, having the state separated from Church.
    If you go through U.S. Census data, what you're likley to find is the birth rate always goes up during times of economic downturns OR during times of strife (code for "war"). The numbers Bill O'Reily is seeing is nothing new. However, what he would like for his viewers to believe is that an overwhelming majority of minority voters voted for Pres. Obama simply because they believed he would "give them stuff" in return for their vote. To a degree he's right, but not in the way he has presented the issue.

    Blacks, Hispanics and women didn't vote to keep Pres. Obama in the White House because they were promised stuff. They voted for him because they considered Mitt Romney to be out of touch with their struggles. The unemployment rate among Blacks and Hispanics are far higher than it is for Whites. As such, I can understand how White American could come the conclusion that the only reason Blacks voted for Obama was because he was able to convince these demographic groups that if he wasn't re-elected the very federal health care program that is now helping to keep them afloat likely willl likely be taken away. Of course, with all the threats Romney made to repeal ObamaCare on day-1 he steps foot in the White House, I can't blame them for being worried. But here's what most Right-Wing Conservatives still don't get: Not everyone who is on government entitlement programs like Medicaid are on it because they want to be. Most are on it because they have no choice. Think about it...

    If they only job you can find is part-time work which we all know doesn't come with private health insurance through your employer, there are only 3 options most people can take:

    1) muddle through using the best care you can find (i.e., ER or home remedies).
    2) try to fund your own health savings account (which is highly unlikely on a part-time salary).
    3) apply for Medicaid (or Medicare for senior citizens or those nearing their golden years w/severe disabilities).

    Thats it, folks! There are no other options. So, naturally many Americans did feel threatened by Mitt Romney because for them he represented someone who really didn't understand what they were going through. Had nothing to do with promises.

    I'm not saying that there aren't folks on Medicaid or food stamps who have gamed the system and shouldn't be on them. However, a large number of people - Blacks, Whites and Hispanics whether married w/children or single parents - are on Medicaid and food stamps because they have no other choice. A great many of these people are on this program through no fault of their own, and all they're trying to do is weather the storm until they can get back on their feet. I get calls from Alabamians all the time who want to cancel their Medicaid because they found a job and are happy to be rid of it. Some will even relocate out of state to find work (but in some cases the benefits they could gain from TN, GA or FL are higher and that's why they go to neighboring states - happens every day, folks).

    I'm not trying to put Romney down or necessarily refute what Bill O'Reily has said (even if I disagree with a large portion of it). I'm just trying to get people who believe O'Reily to sit down and rethink the issue and to stop being so scare that somehow minorities from the White House down are tearing this country apart because if you really think about it, prior to Obama White men ran the White House AND it was their policies that lead this nation to the state it was in pre-Obama. In short, White men made the mess and are now terrified that a Black man has been re-elected to clean it up.

    Traditional "white June and Ward Clever" America, get over yourself! Things are changing, but they're not as dire as the Bill O'Reily's and Denise Millers of the world would have you believe.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •