Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 76

Thread: Poll: Blame GOP for cliff diving

  1. #11
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Poll: Blame GOP for cliff diving

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Who the hell cares if they were?! There is no proof that Romney ever broke the law (or rather, that his tax preparers ever broke the law), so the fact that he paid a lower effective rate than his marginal rate would suggest is hardly a reason NOT to vote for him...since it appears it was done legally within the parameters of the existing tax code.
    Obviously THEY CARE tess...and what you care about isnt any more important than what they care about....no one said romney broke the law...NO where was that stated....but Ill say this again for you...before you go into a rant again....ROMNEY paid less percentage of taxs on many millions than some middleclass americans paid on a pittance compared to that...and to me whether you agree or not...that SUCKS...and no one has to have a REASON not to vote for or to vote for anyone...its their choice not yours and its their decision what issues they vote for

  2. #12
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Poll: Blame GOP for cliff diving

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Obviously THEY CARE tess...and what you care about isnt any more important than what they care about....no one said romney broke the law...NO where was that stated....but Ill say this again for you...before you go into a rant again....ROMNEY paid less percentage of taxs on many millions than some middleclass americans paid on a pittance compared to that...and to me whether you agree or not...that SUCKS
    Lpast, when you want to have a discuss instead of posting every single retort to somebody as an absolute please let me know. Quite frankly, I am absolutely tired of your argument being "THIS IS WHAT I SAY AND THIS IS RIGHT AND YOU CAN'T ARGUE IT!", so I won't be participating unless you choose a different approach.

    Unsubscribed.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  3. #13
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Poll: Blame GOP for cliff diving

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Lpast, when you want to have a discuss instead of posting every single retort to somebody as an absolute please let me know. Quite frankly, I am absolutely tired of your argument being "THIS IS WHAT I SAY AND THIS IS RIGHT AND YOU CAN'T ARGUE IT!", so I won't be participating unless you choose a different approach.

    Unsubscribed.
    Ok cya..actually I feel thats your approach, but no matter...That was the best approach for you since you got spanked for making an absolute that was totally incorrect....you just cant respond to some simple truth.

    That they can make the decision who to vote for and why and that no one said romny broke the law....and that romney paid less a percentage of tax than many middle class taxpayers do that make a pittance compared to him.
    Now if you want to rant that Im talking in absolutes and im saying you cant argue it and im right...then you have to show me where I was wrong...but like I said....cya..

  4. #14
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Poll: Blame GOP for cliff diving

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Who the hell cares if they were?! There is no proof that Romney ever broke the law (or rather, that his tax preparers ever broke the law), so the fact that he paid a lower effective rate than his marginal rate would suggest is hardly a reason NOT to vote for him...since it appears it was done legally within the parameters of the existing tax code.
    The problem is that the tax code is only like that because of special interests who agitated for it. Plus there are larger issues at stake, of which disparities in tax rates are only a minor part.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  5. #15
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Nigh
    Last Seen
    10-13-17 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: Poll: Blame GOP for cliff diving

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    No no no maggie im not going to let you get away with making that sound like a democrat ploy...that happens to be the DISGUSTING TRUTH...its a fact he paid less percentage of taxs than many middle class americans...and thats why he HID the rest of his tax returns and couldnt show them...id bet they were even lower in percentage..
    But that thought process is based on a fallacy. The effective tax rate for Americans is averaging a little less than 9% per the IRS. Romney paid an effective tax rate of 15% (from dollar 1).

    They can play with and distort the numbers all they want but when you actually research the facts, you find that both sides greatly exaggerate the numbers when it comes to the effects of the tax code on us for their own benefit.

    The stupid among us take what they say as truth without doing the research themselves.
    Know the truth and the truth will make you mad, because the truth has no agenda.

  6. #16
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverOprah
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,545

    Re: Poll: Blame GOP for cliff diving

    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Poll: Blame GOP for cliff diving

    So the first element of your post is to blast the polling services and the second is to quote a new poll that casts Republicans in "your" negative light? Is that right?

    Well I hope the Republican Congress either gets what it wants out of obama or sends it over the fiscal cliff. Mr. obama's dismissive attitude today about Benghazi and soaking the rich would have really angered me if I were a new Republican congressman or even an old Republican congressman. Hey you, Mr. obama, the REPUBLICANS won the HOUSE - deal with it!


    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Ok risking being flamed as being a troll and a hack...Im still going to give a personal observation. Since the day after the election, every poll ive seen about anything has been detrimental to the GOP. I cant believe that all the rosey polls leading up to the last tuesday were on the up and up...I know the conservatives blamed All pollsters with positive results for Obama as being dishonest...but its now fact that all the republican polsters and pundits were DEAD WRONG and its becoming more apparent just how dishonest they were.
    Rasmussen who I always valued as the best or one of the top 3 polsters is a total FAIL and I unsubscribed from his daily polls because I can absolutely no longer trust his results...his results leading up the election were so out of whack with everyone elses its not possible for me to believe he wasnt playing partisan games...he actually had ohio a tie and penns going to romney and other absurdities...the most accurate turned out to be NYT/CBS Gallup and Pew...


    Americans are prepared to blame Congressional Republicans any failure to avert the fiscal cliff, according to a poll on Tuesday.

    While 51 percent of Americans don’t expect a deal, Democrats have substantially more faith than Republicans in the the ability of President Barack Obama and Congressional Republicans to compromise, according to the Washington Post-Pew Research Center poll. Two-thirds of a Republicans aren’t anticipating a deal, and only a quarter expect one. But a plurality of Democrats — 47 percent to 40 percent — expect Obama and the GOP to reach an agreement.

    Congressional Republicans are likely to face the blame for any impact: 53 percent of Americans said the GOP would be at fault, compared with 29 percent who said the same of the president. Ten percent said both would be to blame. The gap is even bigger among independent voters, only 23 percent of whom would blame the president.

    Poll: Blame GOP for cliff diving - Kevin Robillard - POLITICO.com

  8. #18
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Poll: Blame GOP for cliff diving

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    So the first element of your post is to blast the polling services and the second is to quote a new poll that casts Republicans in "your" negative light? Is that right?

    Well I hope the Republican Congress either gets what it wants out of obama or sends it over the fiscal cliff. Mr. obama's dismissive attitude today about Benghazi and soaking the rich would have really angered me if I were a new Republican congressman or even an old Republican congressman. Hey you, Mr. obama, the REPUBLICANS won the HOUSE - deal with it!
    You're going to get neither of your wishs...no cliff diving and no teaparty getting all they want

  9. #19
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Poll: Blame GOP for cliff diving

    Democrats are going to be more optimistic because the election shows they have more faith in the President than the GOP does. That is a no brainer. I don't think a deal will be reached this year.

  10. #20
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,696

    Re: Poll: Blame GOP for cliff diving

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I think they'll reach a deal.

    Re the poll numbers . . . the only thing they don't know is, of the people they polled, which of them are going to actually vote. Seems like lots of conservatives stayed home.

    Had dinner with some 20-somethings last week, and the reason they voted Obama? Mitt Romney pays less of a percentage of income tax than they do. Nice job, Dems. It worked.
    they were both stupid and gullible. Unless they are making over 200K a year in earned income they were not

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •