Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 172

Thread: Bobby Jindal: GOP Should 'Stop Being The Stupid Party'

  1. #161
    Student dyanaprajna2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-14-15 @ 02:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    241

    Re: Bobby Jindal: GOP Should 'Stop Being The Stupid Party'

    Quote Originally Posted by Amigo View Post
    The number one reason why Big Government doesn't work is simple. When it is big it is hard to control by the people. The people can't control a big government. Thus making all these multiple departments, and we have no say in what happens now.
    You speak of government as if it's an abstract concept, not made up of people. But I do get your point. That's (theoretically) why we vote. If a politician is doing something against the American people's interests, we vote them out. One of the problems, though, is that they often hide their vice's, and they're done in secret, where the American people can't see. Government is the people, the problem isn't with the government, but the people we put in it.
    "To do good, to avoid evil, and to purify the mind, this is the teaching of all Buddhas." -the Buddha, from the Dhammapada

  2. #162
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Bobby Jindal: GOP Should 'Stop Being The Stupid Party'

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Seems like all the bright young things of the Republican party are jumping ship. First Chris Christie and now Jindal. I wonder when Rubio is going to throw the Tea Party under the bus?

    Christie and Jindal have just done major damage to their own political careers. Should they run for national office in 4 or 8 years, conservatives will remember what they said this year. Rubio might not be a genius, but he's smart enough not to tick off his conservative supporters.

  3. #163
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Bobby Jindal: GOP Should 'Stop Being The Stupid Party'

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    Christie and Jindal have just done major damage to their own political careers. Should they run for national office in 4 or 8 years, conservatives will remember what they said this year. Rubio might not be a genius, but he's smart enough not to tick off his conservative supporters.
    You are precisely wrong. It's the other way around. The Tea Party is what is dragging the Republican party into irrelevance. Jindal and Christie know that if they want a political career with any staying power they need to get the Tea Party albatross off their backs.

  4. #164
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Bobby Jindal: GOP Should 'Stop Being The Stupid Party'

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    You are precisely wrong. It's the other way around. The Tea Party is what is dragging the Republican party into irrelevance. Jindal and Christie know that if they want a political career with any staying power they need to get the Tea Party albatross off their backs.

    Rubio is well aware of the criticism that Christie is now receiving. Rubio is not going to rock the boat.

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    700

    Re: Bobby Jindal: GOP Should 'Stop Being The Stupid Party'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Laughable emotional platitudes detected
    but true. Keep trying to hide it. Because it worked during the election.

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    700

    Re: Bobby Jindal: GOP Should 'Stop Being The Stupid Party'

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    The sad truth is that the majority of GOP voters, who are mostly White poor working class folk, do not want a free market where no one gets handouts, because, after all, they're poor, and all poor people want handouts.

    The only different between the lower-middle class GOP voter and a cafe liberal is that the former doesn't like to admit that he wants a handout. Saying he likes a welfare-free government makes him feel proud, but when he gets to the polls, ultimately, his pocketbook will do the talking.

    Then the natural questions is: well, if these working-class GOP voters desperately want handouts, why do they keep voting the party that claims to want to deny handouts to the poor?

    The reason is that these working-class GOP folk believe that the Dems will take some of the handouts that are supposed to belong to White people like them and give it to Latinos, Blacks, gays, etc. In other words, their fear is that they will lose welfare benefits to people of color.

    So, in a nutshell, the right wing--which consists predominantly of uneducated, working class people, is almost just as much for welfare for the poor as the cafe liberals in the Democratic Party. They just want all the welfare checks for them, i. e. White people, as opposed to "minorities."
    Lets get on thing striaght there are more whites on welfare than blacks and latinos. I know you guys keep wanting to say its them but its not true. Whites, I'll say it again, WHITES ARE MORE IN WELFARE AND TAKING FOOD STAMPS THAN BLACKS AND LATINOS. THIS IS FACT! They are all in red states. So yea, looking the mirror before pointing the finger.

  7. #167
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,036

    Re: Bobby Jindal: GOP Should 'Stop Being The Stupid Party'

    Quote Originally Posted by dyanaprajna2011 View Post
    Creationism is a religious dogma. You can't just 'retrain' yourself out of it. I've been there. It took about six years before I was able to fully expunge myself from Christian dogma. The problem is, is that something like this is not education, it's indoctrination. Now multiply that times however many states would actually pass such a law. Now you have people in the workforce, especially science and technology, who no longer have the critical thinking skills necessary to progress in such fields. A little while later, and America is no longer competitive in such areas. It just goes downhill. See how that doesn't work?
    No, but I also dont see why the solution is a huge federal govt. Somehow the world got along for thousands of years without globally standardized education programs enforced with guns.

  8. #168
    Student dyanaprajna2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-14-15 @ 02:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    241

    Re: Bobby Jindal: GOP Should 'Stop Being The Stupid Party'

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    No, but I also dont see why the solution is a huge federal govt. Somehow the world got along for thousands of years without globally standardized education programs enforced with guns.
    Enforced with guns? Liberals? Who advocate for stricter gun laws? I don't see how the solution could be anything else. I understand that states should have some rights and some say over what happens, because each state has different needs. But when you have something like this, some kind of standardization is needed, which has to be a job for the federal government. If it was left up to the states to come up with something that everyone could agree on, there would never be an end to the arguing.
    "To do good, to avoid evil, and to purify the mind, this is the teaching of all Buddhas." -the Buddha, from the Dhammapada

  9. #169
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,036

    Re: Bobby Jindal: GOP Should 'Stop Being The Stupid Party'

    Quote Originally Posted by dyanaprajna2011 View Post
    Enforced with guns? Liberals? Who advocate for stricter gun laws? I don't see how the solution could be anything else. I understand that states should have some rights and some say over what happens, because each state has different needs. But when you have something like this, some kind of standardization is needed, which has to be a job for the federal government. If it was left up to the states to come up with something that everyone could agree on, there would never be an end to the arguing.
    I was speaking of the police and military, who enforce the law. If an individual or a state doesnt like the federal govt (or you) telling them how to educate their citizens, the federal govt sends in people with guns to make it happen. But this is the fundamental difference between liberalism and others. You favor global governance. Others favor local governance.

    Normally such a difference of opinion would be settled by democracy, voting to pass an amendment giving someone the power to someone to set education standards. But that never happened. The federal govt simply created the dept of education and started forcing it on people.

  10. #170
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Bobby Jindal: GOP Should 'Stop Being The Stupid Party'

    Quote Originally Posted by Vallista View Post
    but true. Keep trying to hide it. Because it worked during the election.
    You just wait. Rubio has too much going for him and is too smart to stick with the tea party.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •