Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 55

Thread: NO To ObamaCare Says Florida Governor Rick Scott.....

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: NO To ObamaCare Says Florida Governor Rick Scott.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    If the federal law required everyone buying a handgun and setting up state handgun training centers would you still feel the same way? After all, that law would probably decrease crime a lot, making each citizen be ever more responsible for their own health and safety.
    If my grandmother had three wheels she'd be a tricycle, do you have any non hypothetical situations?

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: NO To ObamaCare Says Florida Governor Rick Scott.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Sometimes its time to stop fighting and move on, this isn't slavery, this isn't British rule, this isn't prohibition. What exactly do the Republicans intend to do by fighting it at this point? They don't control the government and can't repeal it, the SCOTUS has said its perfectly legal, the only thing they have left to do is try to make it fail rather than trying to make it succeed.

    Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, its a fact of life and if people didn't stop fighting after its become clear they've lost then nothing would ever get done as we'd be arguing the same issues till the end of time. What if both the Dems and Republicans had the same "never quit fighting" attitude? Are we just going to go in a cycle of repealing and reimplementing Obamacare as Dems and Reps switch control of the government?
    I'm hoping this opinion is born from you agreeing with Obamacare rather than being born from how you believe people should actually behave.

    I honestly think that the whole " it was passed, now shut up and live with it" is offensive.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: NO To ObamaCare Says Florida Governor Rick Scott.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    I'm hoping this opinion is born from you agreeing with Obamacare rather than being born from how you believe people should actually behave.

    I honestly think that the whole " it was passed, now shut up and live with it" is offensive.
    Fine lets keep fighting the same fight till the end of the ****ing world. You know in the past when the SCOTUS ruled on something it typically stayed that way, it provided for a nice source of stability as people werent arguing the same issues over and over and laws weren't being repealed, reimplemented, repealed, etc. But if thats how you want your government to work then I guess that's your opinion.

    Yes, shut up and live with it. Its time to start looking at your options with the law in place, not refusing to accept it as being a fact of life now and dealing with it. Let me make perfectly clear, there's no way this law is going to be repealed now, its here to stay.

  4. #14
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,703

    Re: NO To ObamaCare Says Florida Governor Rick Scott.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    If my grandmother had three wheels she'd be a tricycle, do you have any non hypothetical situations?
    Sanctuary cities/states and the leaglization/decriminalization of recreational drugs. Not all federal laws are equally embraced by cities/states. Obamacare was not (and still is not) popular and has thousands of "waivers" including the entire state of NV, Harry Reids precious state. Hmm...
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: NO To ObamaCare Says Florida Governor Rick Scott.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Sanctuary cities/states and the leaglization/decriminalization of recreational drugs. Not all federal laws are equally embraced by cities/states. Obamacare was not (and still is not) popular and has thousands of "waivers" including the entire state of NV, Harry Reids precious state. Hmm...
    I'm not saying its a good law, I'm not saying its a bad law either, I'm saying either way what the hell can you possibly do about it now?

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: NO To ObamaCare Says Florida Governor Rick Scott.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Sometimes its time to stop fighting and move on, this isn't slavery, this isn't British rule, this isn't prohibition. What exactly do the Republicans intend to do by fighting it at this point? They don't control the government and can't repeal it, the SCOTUS has said its perfectly legal, the only thing they have left to do is try to make it fail rather than trying to make it succeed.

    Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, its a fact of life and if people didn't stop fighting after its become clear they've lost then nothing would ever get done as we'd be arguing the same issues till the end of time. What if both the Dems and Republicans had the same "never quit fighting" attitude? Are we just going to go in a cycle of repealing and reimplementing Obamacare as Dems and Reps switch control of the government?
    In order for a fight to end the other side has to be convinced to stop. There is many things that democrats have passed over the years that they have never convinced the other side to stop fighting against and as such they haven't. Be it abortion, welfare, gun laws, and now this. Telling the other side to just shut up and roll over is entirely fruitless on your part.

  7. #17
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,703

    Re: NO To ObamaCare Says Florida Governor Rick Scott.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I'm not saying its a good law, I'm not saying its a bad law either, I'm saying either way what the hell can you possibly do about it now?
    Not allocate any state funds to support the Obamacare "state" exchanges. The SCOTUS took away the "Medicaid penalty" that was added to attempt to force the states to play along, so many are choosing not to play the Obamacare exchange game. What can be done about illegal immigration sanctuary cities or the states/cities that allow the "legal" possesion, sale and use of marijuana? Basically the feds can either do it for them or forget about it, just as with Obamacare. States still do have rights, even in the age of "Obama mandates".
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #18
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: NO To ObamaCare Says Florida Governor Rick Scott.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Sometimes its time to stop fighting and move on, this isn't slavery, this isn't British rule, this isn't prohibition. What exactly do the Republicans intend to do by fighting it at this point? They don't control the government and can't repeal it, the SCOTUS has said its perfectly legal, the only thing they have left to do is try to make it fail rather than trying to make it succeed.

    Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, its a fact of life and if people didn't stop fighting after its become clear they've lost then nothing would ever get done as we'd be arguing the same issues till the end of time. What if both the Dems and Republicans had the same "never quit fighting" attitude? Are we just going to go in a cycle of repealing and reimplementing Obamacare as Dems and Reps switch control of the government?
    LOL. The Democrats do not control the government. They do not control the House, they do not control the majority of the governorships, etc. Obama is not the king. There are limits to federalism and you are seeing it. Enjoy the show.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: NO To ObamaCare Says Florida Governor Rick Scott.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    LOL. The Democrats do not control the government. They do not control the House, they do not control the majority of the governorships, etc. Obama is not the king. There are limits to federalism and you are seeing it. Enjoy the show.
    Thats true I oversimplified it.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: NO To ObamaCare Says Florida Governor Rick Scott.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I'm not saying its a good law, I'm not saying its a bad law either, I'm saying either way what the hell can you possibly do about it now?
    Everything we can. Just like those on the left. Find any and every loophole, run it into court, call for press coverage, and cry Civil Rights. What do you think happens if 30 States don't take part? Or when doctors quit taking patients and or close up their practices?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •