Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 156

Thread: Obama Bombs Yemen Hours After Winning Reelection

  1. #31
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Obama Bombs Yemen Hours After Winning Reelection

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post


    "Leftists do not question the chosen one"? Really?
    I doubt you would have these numbers under Bush

    And get this: Depressingly, Democrats approve of the drone strikes on American citizens by 58-33, and even liberals approve of them, 55-35. Those numbers were provided to me by the Post polling team.

    Itís hard to imagine that Dems and liberals would approve of such policies in quite these numbers if they had been authored by George W. Bush.
    The poll shows that 53 percent of self-identified liberal Democrats ó and 67 percent of moderate or conservative Democrats ó support keeping Guantanamo Bay open, even though it emerged as a symbol of the post-Sept. 11 national security policies of President George W. Bush, which many liberals bitterly opposed.

    ...But fully 77 percent of liberal Democrats endorse the use of drones, meaning that Obama is unlikely to suffer any political consequences as a result of his policy in this election year.

    Support for drone strikes against suspected terrorists stays high, dropping only somewhat when respondents are asked specifically about targeting American citizens living overseas, as was the case with Anwar al-
    Awlaki, the Yemeni American killed in September in a drone strike in northern Yemen.
    Liberals, Dems approve of drone strikes on American citizens abroad - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

    Poll finds broad support for Obama’s counterterrorism policies - The Washington Post

  2. #32
    Educator Paratrooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Al
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 12:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    888

    Obama Bombs Yemen Hours After Winning Reelection

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    Killing "terrorists" in Yemen is a dumb thing to do. First, we don't know they're terrorists. Second, we kill many more innocent people than those who might be terrorists. We're just helping al Quaida to recruit. You kill one or two (maybe) and then they recruit hundreds. There will be another 9/11 and we'll be asking, "Why do they hate us?" They hate us because we kill their fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers -- and their children. You would hate another country too if they flew drones here and killed your family members.

    This is why we need a real left in American politics. The Greens would stop this nonsense. The Democrats are on the right and therefore won't. The Republicans are on the extremist far right and certainly won't stop and will probably start a war with Iran.
    What makes you think that we don't know they are terrorist? Do you think the military do not research and vet targets? It's not as if we randomly flip through a phone book and pick people to attack. I may disagree with the president on many things but I'm not going to fault him on trying to capture/kill terrorist.

  3. #33
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Obama Bombs Yemen Hours After Winning Reelection

    Quote Originally Posted by MAcc2007 View Post
    But Obama got a nobel peace prize. It's not like they just hand those out because you are a minority and they need to increase their prize gifts to minorities...
    Funny how you say Obama supporters are quick to pull out the race card when Obama's actions are questioned, yet here you are, using the race card. Well done.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    I'm saying we have an absolute right to bomb and kill terrorists wherever we can find them. Especially if the country in which they are living is either unable or unwilling to do so. Personally, I'd rather kill them in Yemen than here.
    And how many innocent people in Middle East have to die before we stop bombing them? The fact that we are so willing as a nation to kill innocent people under the guise of protecting our own (gee, kinda sounds like the reason Osama's reasons for attacking us) is a travesty and it is no surprise that we have no credibility.
    Hail to the King baby!

  4. #34
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Obama Bombs Yemen Hours After Winning Reelection

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    And how many innocent people in Middle East have to die before we stop bombing them? The fact that we are so willing as a nation to kill innocent people under the guise of protecting our own (gee, kinda sounds like the reason Osama's reasons for attacking us) is a travesty and it is no surprise that we have no credibility.

    there is a clear difference between targeting explicitly targeting civilians and targeting enemy combatants and causing collateral damage. Not saying you need to agree with either process, but to try and equivocate the two is simply misguided

  5. #35
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama Bombs Yemen Hours After Winning Reelection

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    For me this is one of the biggest frustrations about our "Democracy." These immoral and illegal attacks were going to continue regardless of whether Obama or Romney got in. There should be protests in the streets over this injustice and stupidity. Do you know of any organizations that plan to raise hell over this?
    Killing a terrorist is injustice?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #36
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Obama Bombs Yemen Hours After Winning Reelection

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    there is a clear difference between targeting explicitly targeting civilians and targeting enemy combatants and causing collateral damage. Not saying you need to agree with either process, but to try and equivocate the two is simply misguided
    I'm not trying to imply that we are killing innocent people. I am merely questioning how many innocent people (collateral damage, sure, why not) do we need to kill before we stop?
    Hail to the King baby!

  7. #37
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Obama Bombs Yemen Hours After Winning Reelection

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    Killing a terrorist is injustice?
    How many innocent bystanders lives are worth that one terrorist? Or is killing them, while still getting the terrorist, justice?
    Hail to the King baby!

  8. #38
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama Bombs Yemen Hours After Winning Reelection

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    How many innocent bystanders lives are worth that one terrorist? Or is killing them, while still getting the terrorist, justice?
    I have become quite pragmatic about this. We can not defeat terrorism by being a bunch of pussies. I don't want innocent people killed, but it happens.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #39
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Obama Bombs Yemen Hours After Winning Reelection

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    I have become quite pragmatic about this. We can not defeat terrorism by being a bunch of pussies. I don't want innocent people killed, but it happens.
    What a delightful hallmark card to send to those who have lost loved ones because we aren't pussies.
    Hail to the King baby!

  10. #40
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama Bombs Yemen Hours After Winning Reelection

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    What a delightful hallmark card to send to those who have lost loved ones because we aren't pussies.
    Yes, well. I am not going to apologize for being realistic.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •