Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 156

Thread: Obama Bombs Yemen Hours After Winning Reelection

  1. #21
    User MAcc2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-27-12 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53

    Re: Obama Bombs Yemen Hours After Winning Reelection

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    No, it's just stupid to criticize him for killing terrorists - something we elected him to do and something he promised to do before the first election.
    I'm more interested in criticizing him for not killing terrorists right before the election because it would affect his dialogue that Al Qaeda was on the run.

    Obama certainly has been tough on terrorism, though. He kept gitmo open and we are still in Afghanistan, just like he promised!

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Obama Bombs Yemen Hours After Winning Reelection

    Quote Originally Posted by roflpublican View Post
    LOL you sir have made me guffaw.
    Thank you. I try. I'm always amused when I find defenders and supporters of Al Quaeda on internet forums and I try to encourage them as much as possible.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Obama Bombs Yemen Hours After Winning Reelection

    Quote Originally Posted by MAcc2007 View Post
    I'm more interested in criticizing him for not killing terrorists right before the election because it would affect his dialogue that Al Qaeda was on the run.

    Obama certainly has been tough on terrorism, though. He kept gitmo open and we are still in Afghanistan, just like he promised!
    Yeah, because as we all know he didn't kill any terrorists before the election. He got us out of Iraq, like he promised, and we'll be out of Afghanistan by 2014 - just like he promised. I know, it's unusual for you guys to find a President who does what he says. Like killing Bin Laden. Something George Bush talked about and Barack Obama did.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  4. #24
    Professor
    Luna Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: Obama Bombs Yemen Hours After Winning Reelection

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    How can you say you are a part of a group that you say does not exist? :losermo

    Nice revision/backtrack edit there.....
    I didn't say there's no such thing as the left. I said Obama's not on the left. Hardly anyone in the US government is. There's Bernie Sanders. There's Dennis Kucinich, but he's leaving, and that's it. That's all we have in the Federal Government, but extremists b1tch about leftists as if they had taken over. There's the right and the extremist far right. That's the makeup of American politics.

  5. #25
    Professor
    Luna Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: Obama Bombs Yemen Hours After Winning Reelection

    Quote Originally Posted by MAcc2007 View Post
    I'm more interested in criticizing him for not killing terrorists right before the election because it would affect his dialogue that Al Qaeda was on the run.

    Obama certainly has been tough on terrorism, though. He kept gitmo open and we are still in Afghanistan, just like he promised!
    Killing "terrorists" in Yemen is a dumb thing to do. First, we don't know they're terrorists. Second, we kill many more innocent people than those who might be terrorists. We're just helping al Quaida to recruit. You kill one or two (maybe) and then they recruit hundreds. There will be another 9/11 and we'll be asking, "Why do they hate us?" They hate us because we kill their fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers -- and their children. You would hate another country too if they flew drones here and killed your family members.

    This is why we need a real left in American politics. The Greens would stop this nonsense. The Democrats are on the right and therefore won't. The Republicans are on the extremist far right and certainly won't stop and will probably start a war with Iran.

  6. #26
    User MAcc2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-27-12 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53

    Re: Obama Bombs Yemen Hours After Winning Reelection

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Yeah, because as we all know he didn't kill any terrorists before the election. He got us out of Iraq, like he promised, and we'll be out of Afghanistan by 2014 - just like he promised. I know, it's unusual for you guys to find a President who does what he says. Like killing Bin Laden. Something George Bush talked about and Barack Obama did.
    Like closing gitmo, cutting the deficit in half, not hiring lobbyists... Oh wait, these are all promises he didn't keep.

  7. #27
    User MAcc2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-27-12 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53

    Re: Obama Bombs Yemen Hours After Winning Reelection

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    Killing "terrorists" in Yemen is a dumb thing to do. First, we don't know they're terrorists. Second, we kill many more innocent people than those who might be terrorists. We're just helping al Quaida to recruit. You kill one or two (maybe) and then they recruit hundreds. There will be another 9/11 and we'll be asking, "Why do they hate us?" They hate us because we kill their fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers -- and their children. You would hate another country too if they flew drones here and killed your family members.

    This is why we need a real left in American politics. The Greens would stop this nonsense. The Democrats are on the right and therefore won't. The Republicans are on the extremist far right and certainly won't stop and will probably start a war with Iran.
    But Obama got a nobel peace prize. It's not like they just hand those out because you are a minority and they need to increase their prize gifts to minorities...

  8. #28
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Obama Bombs Yemen Hours After Winning Reelection

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Yeah, because as we all know he didn't kill any terrorists before the election. He got us out of Iraq, like he promised, and we'll be out of Afghanistan by 2014 - just like he promised. I know, it's unusual for you guys to find a President who does what he says. Like killing Bin Laden. Something George Bush talked about and Barack Obama did.
    Unfortunately your side of the aisle over-values abstract democracy and undervalues hardline authoritarian leadership in the region at keeping a lid on some of this stuff. Too much too fast and the stuff spreads like cancer because there are no strong government structures to fill the economic gaps in fledgling democracies which ultimately throws gas on the fire of radicalism.

  9. #29
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Obama Bombs Yemen Hours After Winning Reelection

    The Muslim terrorists need to bear responsibility for their own deaths and the deaths of their children and family members. Were they to renounce terrorism and their hatred for the United States, there might not be a need for us to continue killing them. On the other hand, we might still want to fire a few rounds on the anniversary of 9/11.

    As a matter of course, it's probably best not to attack a country and then expect to have anyone care when the attackees start shooting back.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SE Asia
    Last Seen
    07-12-14 @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: Obama Bombs Yemen Hours After Winning Reelection

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Leftist do not question the Chosen One. Would have thought everybody knows that by now....
    Perhaps you meant to say "Democrats". Plenty of Leftists call him out on a regular basis. Hell, some of us didn't even vote for the guy.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •