Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: Bloomberg Wouldn't Let National Guard Into Brooklyn Over Their Possession of Guns

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tampa
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Bloomberg Wouldn't Let National Guard Into Brooklyn Over Their Possession of Guns

    NYPD has a high corruption rate, I'd trust the NG over them any day.

  2. #22
    Guru
    Muddy Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 09:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,103

    Re: Bloomberg Wouldn't Let National Guard Into Brooklyn Over Their Possession of Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    When I google this, all I get is right-wing sites.

    Can I get a link from AP, or PBS?
    Exactly. It's all propaganda
    Alex Carey:

    ... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

    Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New

  3. #23
    Guru
    Muddy Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 09:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,103

    Re: Bloomberg Wouldn't Let National Guard Into Brooklyn Over Their Possession of Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
    Oddly the cache doesn't work.

    Sounds like somebody is trying to shut it down.
    Due to libel charge from Bloomberg suing them?
    Alex Carey:

    ... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

    Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Bloomberg Wouldn't Let National Guard Into Brooklyn Over Their Possession of Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy View Post
    Submitted for your approval, a list of National Guard aid operations in response to Sandy, several of which are/were in Brooklyn:

    Defense.gov News Article: DOD Provides Update for Hurricane Sandy Response

    As well as photographic evidence of NG members in Brooklyn:

    Twitter / demetria_g: National Guard troops direct ...
    Well I guess that just kind of ends the argument right there.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Bloomberg Wouldn't Let National Guard Into Brooklyn Over Their Possession of Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    As usual, "I don't dig the news, so it must be a lie".

    I seriously doubt that Daily KOS is going to report anything that might make The One look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy View Post
    Submitted for your approval, a list of National Guard aid operations in response to Sandy, several of which are/were in Brooklyn:

    Defense.gov News Article: DOD Provides Update for Hurricane Sandy Response

    As well as photographic evidence of NG members in Brooklyn:

    Twitter / demetria_g: National Guard troops direct ...
    There you go adpst

  6. #26
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,514

    Re: Bloomberg Wouldn't Let National Guard Into Brooklyn Over Their Possession of Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    There you go adpst
    Did the twitter post say when those troops arrived?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Bloomberg Wouldn't Let National Guard Into Brooklyn Over Their Possession of Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    As usual, "I don't dig the news, so it must be a lie".

    I seriously doubt that Daily KOS is going to report anything that might make The One look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Did the twitter post say when those troops arrived?
    What does it matter? They are there now, which is after any alleged statement or rule by the NYC major about no troops in Brooklyn.

  8. #28
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,514

    Re: Bloomberg Wouldn't Let National Guard Into Brooklyn Over Their Possession of Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    What does it matter? They are there now, which is after any alleged statement or rule by the NYC major about no troops in Brooklyn.
    It matters a lot, if the mayor denied access to the city, by national gaurd soldiers, because of his political agenda. The only thing you did was prove that NG soldiers are in NYC, now; not that Bloomberg didn't deny them access.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Bloomberg Wouldn't Let National Guard Into Brooklyn Over Their Possession of Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It matters a lot, if the mayor denied access to the city, by national gaurd soldiers, because of his political agenda. The only thing you did was prove that NG soldiers are in NYC, now; not that Bloomberg didn't deny them access.
    If he denied them access then why are they there? Also do you care that there's no source?

  10. #30
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,514

    Re: Bloomberg Wouldn't Let National Guard Into Brooklyn Over Their Possession of Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    If he denied them access then why are they there? Also do you care that there's no source?
    It doesn't mean that he didn't initially deny them access. You disproved, nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •