Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 160

Thread: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

  1. #51
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,714

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    The outcry over FEMAs Katrina response was then and always will be purely political. FEMA was on the ground the day of the disaster in 4 states. They were in New Orleans as soon as they were able to be (you know...after the water receeded somewhat and people stopped shooting at relief workers. Jessie Jackson interviewed James Witt, Clintons FEMA director following Hurricane Andrew and was told Clintons FEMA couldnt engage for 28 days because of the remaining ground conditions and that response was deemed acceptable. But since FEMA couldnt un**** New Orleans after their Mayor Governors utter failure in 3 days liberals used yet another natural disaster to launch attacks against Bush. It worked, primarily because most people lack the will to truly examine anything beyond a 15 second sound bite.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    LOL...you just said my link didn't have any back up. What's it going to be?

    You're trying way too hard to cover for your boy.
    I said it said no back up for the "other supplies" comment, and that its sources don't support its argument. However what it does source is GOVERNMENT WEBSITES, the same "lackies" you say are unreliable.

  3. #53
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,512

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I said it said no back up for the "other supplies" comment, and that its sources don't support its argument. However what it does source is GOVERNMENT WEBSITES, the same "lackies" you say are unreliable.
    Don't crawfish too fast, you might run into something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #54
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,512

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The outcry over FEMAs Katrina response was then and always will be purely political. FEMA was on the ground the day of the disaster in 4 states. They were in New Orleans as soon as they were able to be (you know...after the water receeded somewhat and people stopped shooting at relief workers. Jessie Jackson interviewed James Witt, Clintons FEMA director following Hurricane Andrew and was told Clintons FEMA couldnt engage for 28 days because of the remaining ground conditions and that response was deemed acceptable. But since FEMA couldnt un**** New Orleans after their Mayor Governors utter failure in 3 days liberals used yet another natural disaster to launch attacks against Bush. It worked, primarily because most people lack the will to truly examine anything beyond a 15 second sound bite.
    The same folks that were blaming Bush for the weather are singing a different tune, now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #55
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,714

    FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The same folks that were blaming Bush for the weather are singing a different tune, now.
    and they always have.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    The response isn't perfect, it never is, no amount of planning prepares you for everything. And not everyone is happy, that's also just something that happens. However the OP states FEMA failed to deliver any meaningful supplies of water or other supplies, without backing it up in any way except to link to a bid for the delivery of 2.3 millions gallons of water. Its a huge leap in logic firstly because who says 2.3 million is all or most of their water? Who says none has been deliver thus far? And what about the "other supplies" the article doesn't back it up at all.

    There's no substance and people like adpst gobble it.

    Here's the reason behind complaints about FEMA not providing enough gasoline:
    FEMA wins praise, responds to anger about gas supply - CNN.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I said it said no back up for the "other supplies" comment, and that its sources don't support its argument. However what it does source is GOVERNMENT WEBSITES, the same "lackies" you say are unreliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Don't crawfish too fast, you might run into something.
    Do I really have to quote myself from a page ago to show that I said what I said I said?

    By the way, you still haven't acknowledged the issue of accusing me of using the government as a source when your source, Brietbart, links to two government websites as sources. I don't even you understand your source that much.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    This is looking worse than Katrina, yet folks are incredibly silent about the piss poor performance of government agencies to provide life saving services to the victims of Hurricane Sandy.
    Why do you think that's odd? Companies like Kroger and Publix will donate tons of non perishable foods just like they did during Katrina.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The same folks that were blaming Bush for the weather are singing a different tune, now.
    A handful of idiots and conspiracy theorists blame Bush and Haarp for the weather and that is YOUR benchmark?

  9. #59
    Politically Correct

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,851
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    I can't speak too much for Jersey, but here in NYC the power is back in most places, most of the subways are up and running again. I haven't heard much complaining except from the (mayor?) of Staten Island, and 24 hours later he was giving interviews saying most of his concerns had been addressed.

    In Jersey, I've heard that Atlantic City is back open. Christie seems to be doing pretty well. I'm sure there will be stories here and there of people not getting the supplies they need immediately, but no relief effort is going to be absolutely seamless. Breitbart's consistent tactic is to take small pieces of news and, by reporting nothing else, make Democrats and liberals look bad.

    Overall, I see no basis for the claim that this is "worse than Katrina" in any way. Lest people forget, after Katrina there were bodies floating in the streets, tens of thousands of people crammed into a leaking Superdome for days, sleeping in filth, people getting robbed and rapped, violence and looting on the streets. I have seen zero reports of these types of conditions anywhere following the storm.
    Last edited by Cameron; 11-04-12 at 09:55 AM.
    (avatar by Thomas Nast)

  10. #60
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Doesn't matter how good the response is, right wingers are going to flail and whine about it anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •