Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 160

Thread: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

  1. #41
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Really? Its one or the other? No in between? A black and white situation, only two options exist in the other either total disaster or roses and peaches? Don't be silly.
    The point is, if Breitbart is lieing, produce a link that proves so. It's as simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #42
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I do wish I could change my name, but places like Brietbart remind me of the story of the Boy who cried Wolf, even when its accurate people rightfully ignore it because its so prone to lying. I don't have the time or willingness to examine every single story by its merits alone, I have to consider the source to consider what I read.
    Especially if the story makes The Messiah look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #43
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I do wish I could change my name, but places like Brietbart remind me of the story of the Boy who cried Wolf, even when its accurate people rightfully ignore it because its so prone to lying. I don't have the time or willingness to examine every single story by its merits alone, I have to consider the source to consider what I read.
    I do the same thing, for the most part. But I'm always looking mainstream to see what's been picked up. There's really not much else we can do.

    For instance, the only thing I could find about this post was that 1,000,000 bottles of water and 1,000,000 meals had been delivered to New York City. Nothing is reported anywhere else. And that's not much. I've heard people interviewed on the radio who say they're out of food . . . they're cold . . . they have no water . . . no heat. I'm just not sure we're getting the whole story.

    I, personally, had no idea the devastation was so far and wide:

    Sandy struck states from North Carolina to Maine on Monday and Tuesday, leaving an estimated 8.2 million customers without power across 20 states.

    Read more: Utility workers pelted with eggs after Bridgeport, Conn. mayor blasts provider | Fox News
    Now, you would probably say: -- FAUX NEWZ. Not me. I believe it.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I do the same thing, for the most part. But I'm always looking mainstream to see what's been picked up. There's really not much else we can do.

    For instance, the only thing I could find about this post was that 1,000,000 bottles of water and 1,000,000 meals had been delivered to New York City. Nothing is reported anywhere else. And that's not much. I've heard people interviewed on the radio who say they're out of food . . . they're cold . . . they have no water . . . no heat. I'm just not sure we're getting the whole story.

    I, personally, had no idea the devastation was so far and wide:



    Now, you would probably say: -- FAUX NEWZ. Not me. I believe it.
    The response isn't perfect, it never is, no amount of planning prepares you for everything. And not everyone is happy, that's also just something that happens. However the OP states FEMA failed to deliver any meaningful supplies of water or other supplies, without backing it up in any way except to link to a bid for the delivery of 2.3 millions gallons of water. Its a huge leap in logic firstly because who says 2.3 million is all or most of their water? Who says none has been deliver thus far? And what about the "other supplies" the article doesn't back it up at all.

    There's no substance and people like adpst gobble it.

    Here's the reason behind complaints about FEMA not providing enough gasoline:
    FEMA wins praise, responds to anger about gas supply - CNN.com

  5. #45
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    CNN talks about it some but not much. It appears pretty bad and with a noreaster coming wednesday and thursday, I suspect a lot of people are about ready to give up. Tragic. Why people are praising Obama for making a few hour trip there is beyond me.

  6. #46
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    The response isn't perfect, it never is, no amount of planning prepares you for everything. And not everyone is happy, that's also just something that happens. However the OP states FEMA failed to deliver any meaningful supplies of water or other supplies, without backing it up in any way except to link to a bid for the delivery of 2.3 millions gallons of water. Its a huge leap in logic firstly because who says 2.3 million is all or most of their water? Who says none has been deliver thus far? And what about the "other supplies" the article doesn't back it up at all.

    There's no substance and people like adpst gobble it.

    Here's the reason behind complaints about FEMA not providing enough gasoline:
    FEMA wins praise, responds to anger about gas supply - CNN.com
    Uh...yeah...FEMA is doing an awesome job with the gas.

    Government tells public to stay away from free gas until after first responders fuel up - NY Daily News

    Even your article reluctantly admits that FEMA's response is substandard.

    You know what FEMA stands for? "Fixed Everything My Ass".
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Uh...yeah...FEMA is doing an awesome job with the gas.

    Government tells public to stay away from free gas until after first responders fuel up - NY Daily News

    Even your article reluctantly admits that FEMA's response is substandard.

    You know what FEMA stands for? "Fixed Everything My Ass".
    No the gas situation isn't so great, Im not denying it, just trying to provide some real information as to what is going on. But like I've said and said again, its not perfect.

    Also your source doesn't back up anything it says, does that bother you?

  8. #48
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    No the gas situation isn't so great, Im not denying it, just trying to provide some real information as to what is going on. But like I've said and said again, its not perfect.

    Your "real" information is saying the same thing I've already posted.

    Also your source doesn't back up anything it says, does that bother you?
    LOL...your link uses government lackies as it's sources. Whatelse are they going to say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Your "real" information is saying the same thing I've already posted.



    LOL...your link uses government lackies as it's sources. Whatelse are they going to say?
    So does yours

  10. #50
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    So does yours
    LOL...you just said my link didn't have any back up. What's it going to be?

    You're trying way too hard to cover for your boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •