Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 160

Thread: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

  1. #31
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I never said FEMA's response is perfect, or that supplies or overflowing, so why you are asking me to prove a point I didn't make I don't know. But there's no denying Breitbart is full of ****, its silly to say otherwise.
    Well, if Breitbart is full of ****, then the only other option is that things are going wonderfully and provisions are being shipped in in record time and quanities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, if Breitbart is full of ****, then the only other option is that things are going wonderfully and provisions are being shipped in in record time and quanities.
    Really? Its one or the other? No in between? A black and white situation, only two options exist in the other either total disaster or roses and peaches? Don't be silly.

  3. #33
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,802

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    In the case of Katrina, food and water were being trucked in as early as 30 August, dispatched out of Camp Beuaregard, in Pineville.

    Things are looking bad up there and as usual, Obama will be excused from any responsibility.
    Let me guess the real motivation for your post.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  4. #34
    Demented Lycanthropist
    wolfman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East Waboo USA
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Wiki says large tankers can carry 5,500 to 9,000 gallons. Don't know if that's true, but that's what they say.

    When I really start thinking about this, it gets scary.
    The bulk Tankers I have seen are doubles. They are HUGE and move like turtles. I would doubt DOD has many of them. The 25,000 are also doubles.
    "Those who do not learn from history and condemned to relive it".

    "There are those who will debate the necessity of wilderness, I will not, either you know it in your bones or you are very very old". Aldo Leopold - Sand County Almanac

  5. #35
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Wiki says large tankers can carry 5,500 to 9,000 gallons. Don't know if that's true, but that's what they say.

    When I really start thinking about this, it gets scary.
    The steer axle of a big truck can legally weigh 12,000 pounds. The two rear axles can weigh 34,000. Closed tandem trailer axles can wgh 34,000 and a 10' spread can hold 40,000. The legal gross weight is 80,000.

    With a permit, the truck can gross 100,000.

    25,000 gallons weighs 200,000 pounds. You would need 12+ axles to haul that legally. Now, the point I'm making, is that the law states that you can, "create an over dimensional load". Hauling more liquid than the truck can legally carry would be creating an over-dimensional load. Therefore, there are no 12 axle tankers in existance, hence there is no such thing as a 25,000 gallon tanker truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #36
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman24 View Post
    The bulk Tankers I have seen are doubles. They are HUGE and move like turtles. I would doubt DOD has many of them. The 25,000 are also doubles.
    Links, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #37
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Let me guess the real motivation for your post.
    Doing my patriotic duty be questioning our elected leaders. That's what the Libbos have told us all these years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #38
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I never said FEMA's response is perfect, or that supplies or overflowing, so why you are asking me to prove a point I didn't make I don't know. But there's no denying Breitbart is full of ****, its silly to say otherwise.
    Respectfully, Wiseone, and not necessarily about this story. But I've come to the conclusion that we cannot simply dismiss information out-of-hand; it's not wise. We make an assumption that the news media reports fairly, fully and accurately. That assumption may not be correct anymore.

    And this thought has nothing to do with Obama. When all we are willing to believe is major news sources, we'd better be damned well sure they aren't in the bag with anybody. I'm not so sure we can be sure of that anymore...

    Maybe a good motto with these sources would be, "Don't trust, but verify anyway." At least that's the way I'm starting to think.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #39
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman24 View Post
    The bulk Tankers I have seen are doubles. They are HUGE and move like turtles. I would doubt DOD has many of them. The 25,000 are also doubles.
    You talking about this?



    If you are, this truck is about 50,000 pounds under-rated to haul 25,000 gallons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Respectfully, Wiseone, and not necessarily about this story. But I've come to the conclusion that we cannot simply dismiss information out-of-hand; it's not wise. We make an assumption that the news media reports fairly, fully and accurately. That assumption may not be correct anymore.

    And this thought has nothing to do with Obama. When all we are willing to believe is major news sources, we'd better be damned well sure they aren't in the bag with anybody. I'm not so sure we can be sure of that anymore...

    Maybe a good motto with these sources would be, "Don't trust, but verify anyway." At least that's the way I'm starting to think.
    I do wish I could change my name, but places like Brietbart remind me of the story of the Boy who cried Wolf, even when its accurate people rightfully ignore it because its so prone to lying. I don't have the time or willingness to examine every single story by its merits alone, I have to consider the source to consider what I read.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •