Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 151 to 160 of 160

Thread: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

  1. #151
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Last Seen
    10-30-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    922

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Senior Citizens typically have already worked and paid their freight and many of them have retirement accounts that they are still paying on. Many disabled people cant...all good. But the number of people that wont? Helluva a lot more than a few. And regardless of how you loot at it, any time 50 % or so is dragging around the deadweight...its a recipe for national failure. We have far too many people in this country (and represented on this site) that whine about the low wages being offered that the illegal immigrants all too readily snatch up. 23 million out of work...20-30 million illegal immigrants busting their ass and making it. Look across the country...go to your contract state and county health providers. Able bodied malingerers lining up to 'get their disability'. Too many. Dead weight. Its destroying this country as surely as it is destroying Spain, Greece, France, and more to come.
    I so you have absolutely no idea how many americans fit into your "wont" or "deadweight" category, so you condemn the needy with the greedy even tho the needy numbers are several times more than the greedy.

    Yes the right meme about destroying the country like the european countries did. this is such a false comparison as to be laughable if you had a clue about contemporary euro economies and how they developed after ww2. America is in absolutely NO DANGER of becoming like spain or greece or any other totally mismanaged country.

    I wonder how you can be so adamant when you are not in command of simple facts like the number of freeloaders you and your pals have to carry around on your backs. Seems that would be a important piece of information. Unless of course you think all recipients are freeloaders in which case, your knowledge is even more lacking.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

  2. #152
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Last Seen
    10-30-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    922

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Did you even read the article?!?
    update. they have lots of bottled water, some gas, no electricity and daily drops of mre's from national guard.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tampa
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsa View Post
    I so you have absolutely no idea how many americans fit into your "wont" or "deadweight" category, so you condemn the needy with the greedy even tho the needy numbers are several times more than the greedy.

    Yes the right meme about destroying the country like the european countries did. this is such a false comparison as to be laughable if you had a clue about contemporary euro economies and how they developed after ww2. America is in absolutely NO DANGER of becoming like spain or greece or any other totally mismanaged country.
    I wonder how you can be so adamant when you are not in command of simple facts like the number of freeloaders you and your pals have to carry around on your backs. Seems that would be a important piece of information. Unless of course you think all recipients are freeloaders in which case, your knowledge is even more lacking.
    indeed it is not. our country is incredibly blessed:

    our post-highschool education system is the largest/best in the world, people from across the planet flock to our public universities.
    our infrastructure, while aging, is well maintained and ~99% functional/constantly being modernized (it just takes forever, because there's so much of it to upgrade).
    our nation sits on enough coal and natural gas to power the planet for nearly half a millenia
    our EEZ (exclusive economic zone) is the largest on the planet, significantly larger than our nations land-area (and likely containing more resources than our land area does) and is almost completely unexploited.
    our military dwarfs all others in training, technology, numbers, and experience.
    our economy, per capita, is 10x the size of our nearest competitor China. and 2x the size in total, disregarding the 5x population advantage of China.

    so you're 100% right, saying we're going the way of greece or spain is ridiculous to the extreme, as those countries are spent economically, socially, and not to mention they burned through local resource-reserves long ago.

  4. #154
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsa View Post
    update. they have lots of bottled water, some gas, no electricity and daily drops of mre's from national guard.
    A week-and-a-half later!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #155
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,285

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    From what I read, Home Depot and Lowes had semis directed directly to the cities and not to the distribution centers. Tractor trailers full of equipment and supplies. Preparation is good...especially when its one of those profit deals....
    They all use large distribution centers, and from there truck to stores.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #156
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,285

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Source that please.
    The real point here is that some people seem to be getting help, and some not. Things are not going perfectly, but the MSM is being very lenient on Obama for any foul ups. You guys made huge hay out of Katrina and put Bush on the grill for months when you knew most of the incompetence was within the State of Louisianna, and was not all Bush's fault. The other Gulf states got their **** together and did a hell of a lot better job during that storm. They had the exact same access to FEMA at Louisianna, but the Left tried to imply that New Orleans wasn't getting help from Bush because he hates niggers. Show me one white person in NYC or NJU that has implied they aren't getting help from Obama for race or any other similar reason. You want to talk about politicizing something, Katrina was a prime example of going off the deep end.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    The real point here is that some people seem to be getting help, and some not. Things are not going perfectly, but the MSM is being very lenient on Obama for any foul ups. You guys made huge hay out of Katrina and put Bush on the grill for months when you knew most of the incompetence was within the State of Louisianna, and was not all Bush's fault. The other Gulf states got their **** together and did a hell of a lot better job during that storm. They had the exact same access to FEMA at Louisianna, but the Left tried to imply that New Orleans wasn't getting help from Bush because he hates niggers. Show me one white person in NYC or NJU that has implied they aren't getting help from Obama for a similar reason. You want to talk about politicizing something, Katrina was a prime example of going off the deep end.
    Everyone is getting help, those people in those apartments may not have power or running water but that doesn't mean other people and working to turn those services back on nor does it mean they aren't getting other kinds of help. Of course it is perfect, nothing ever is but what we haven't seen in this disaster has been the major foul ups that happened during Katrina. The progress we have seen has been much better and come around much faster than it did in New Orleans.

    Now I'm not part of whatever left wing cabal you believe you're arguing against, you're making assumptions about my positions. I don't blame Bush for the problems with post Katrina disaster recovery, he did his role exactly how he should have in my opinion and unlike many here I don't hold the President personally accountable for everything, he has subordinates and a whole system of government beneath him that have responsibilities of their own, and so does Obama. I do in fact believe that the city of New Orleans was completely unprepared for something that should have been fairly predictable from a disaster perspective, that a city on the coast located under or just above sea level may flood one day.

    Also you're comments about race are particularly ignorant just because Kayne West made an ass of himself on TV doesn't mean that its a belief shared by most people or most liberals or really anyone other a few ignorant individuals, likewise the comment about how no white persons have complained that race is a factor is really unnecessary. What is your point, that white people are what? I really don't want to assume anything but I really don't get what you're trying to say other than white people are more reasonable than liberals or blacks or what?

  8. #158
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    They all use large distribution centers, and from there truck to stores.
    Thats the point. They were responding to what they knew would be an unusual situation and bypassed the distribution centers, staging tractor trailers where they would be most accessible.

  9. #159
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    This storm could have easily turned into the same hyper-political whine fest as Katrina except for the fact that the New Jersey and New York governments are more responsive and were more prepared than the state and local governments in Louisiana. Katrina was a complete and utter failure on the local and state levels who shifted all the blame to the federal government. Democrats, liberals and the media were only too happy to make political hay on the President for it. There is just not enough support for it this time around and obviously the election is a big distraction.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

  10. #160
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Last Seen
    10-30-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    922

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    A week-and-a-half later!
    not quite.

    less than a week.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •