Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 160

Thread: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

  1. #141
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It was when Bush was prez.
    RD is a decent guy...but I laughed that even though his entire premise was that the negative comments about FEMA were all politically driven, when given several opportunities to refute the negative comments about the Bush FEMA response as pure politics...he just...couldnt...do it...(regardless of the numerous 'facts' regarding FEMA response throughout the entire Gulf Coast beginning on the day of the hurricane).

  2. #142
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Last Seen
    10-30-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    922

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    World of difference between those that cant and those that wont. I'm all for helping those who cant and do more than you can imagine. I'm repulsed by those that wont. Not shocked that you lack the ability to see the difference.
    Of course I can see the difference.

    I keep asking you how many wont vs how many cant vs how many want to, but you don't seem to want to actually say that those who wont are a small percentage of the total.

    So, can you quantify those who wont. Can you provide some scope and scale to your argument? Or is it everyone like you intimated a couple of posts ago with that spurious and salacious 47% comment?
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

  3. #143
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Last Seen
    10-30-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    922

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Libbos have been saying for years that welfare creates jobs and is good for the economy.

    Obama said just last week that progress goes from the bottom up.

    That's who!
    Well, welfare does put money into the system.

    I don't think anyone claims its good for the economy, as a) its not a substantial enough sum to materiallly effect a $16trillion economy, and b) not its intention.

    And Obama was contrasting the fact that trickle down doesn't trickle down as evidenced by the data over the past 40 years. Real progress is made when the bottom gets educated, get jobs. You know, floating everybody's boat. The more the lower quintiles can elevate themselves the higher the upper quintiles get.

    In trickle down, it just never trickles down the lower quintiles so their boats don't rise with the economic tide.

    But don't let the facts get in the way.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

  4. #144
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsa View Post
    Well, welfare does put money into the system.

    I don't think anyone claims its good for the economy, as a) its not a substantial enough sum to materiallly effect a $16trillion economy, and b) not its intention.

    And Obama was contrasting the fact that trickle down doesn't trickle down as evidenced by the data over the past 40 years. Real progress is made when the bottom gets educated, get jobs. You know, floating everybody's boat. The more the lower quintiles can elevate themselves the higher the upper quintiles get.

    In trickle down, it just never trickles down the lower quintiles so their boats don't rise with the economic tide.

    But don't let the facts get in the way.
    No, welfare takes money out of the system and reintroduces it to the system. It's nothing more than recycling money; robbing Pater to pay Paul. There's no net gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #145
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsa View Post
    Of course I can see the difference.

    I keep asking you how many wont vs how many cant vs how many want to, but you don't seem to want to actually say that those who wont are a small percentage of the total.

    So, can you quantify those who wont. Can you provide some scope and scale to your argument? Or is it everyone like you intimated a couple of posts ago with that spurious and salacious 47% comment?
    Senior Citizens typically have already worked and paid their freight and many of them have retirement accounts that they are still paying on. Many disabled people cant...all good. But the number of people that wont? Helluva a lot more than a few. And regardless of how you loot at it, any time 50 % or so is dragging around the deadweight...its a recipe for national failure. We have far too many people in this country (and represented on this site) that whine about the low wages being offered that the illegal immigrants all too readily snatch up. 23 million out of work...20-30 million illegal immigrants busting their ass and making it. Look across the country...go to your contract state and county health providers. Able bodied malingerers lining up to 'get their disability'. Too many. Dead weight. Its destroying this country as surely as it is destroying Spain, Greece, France, and more to come.

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, I remember that. I also remember the Super Dome being evaced on landfall +2...after the rescue aircraft stopped taking ground from some of the people that were holed up in the Super Dome. I doubt you remember any of that.

    There are 49,000 people trapped in public housing in NYC, with no supplies. Not-a-bitch from the Libbos who were bashing Bush.
    Source that please.

  7. #147
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Source that please.
    Wake up, sir.

    49,000 New Yorkers Trapped In Public Housing - Business Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #148
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post


    ..........
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No power isn't the same as no supplies

  10. #150
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim's Needs

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    No power isn't the same as no supplies
    Did you even read the article?!?

    Residents of Manhattan's 19-building, 1,191-apartment Jacob Riis projects, have been without power and water since late Monday evening, and there's been no sign of help from local government.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •