Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 371

Thread: UPDATE: New Jersey utility denies turning away nonunion electric crew volunteers from

  1. #321
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Union Thuggary at it's Finest

    I'm thinking about guys (or girls) who have been sitting on the bench waiting for work and out of work for God knows how long, and they get with this hurricane, and then they have a LOT of extra expenses. Then, they bring in people from out of state who are volunteers to do work, and these poor guys are still out of a job? That's like a slap in the face IMO.

  2. #322
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Union Thuggary at it's Finest

    What are you doing Excon? Looking through my posts?

  3. #323
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Union Thuggary at it's Finest

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are so far off base with your right wing comment that it is ridiculous.
    Secondly, it should be left wing/liberal hackery, and you are doing a great job at it yourself by saying such about the right.

    It's like you assumed something was being argued that wasn't. Strange. You should at least read and understand what is being said before commenting.
    No, I was right on target with my comment about your hackery. Neither the power company NOR the union turned anyone away. That is clear and has been clear. All you are doing is switching from the power company to the union. You are wrong on both counts.

    The actual hackery was that which was provided by those who I assume are on the left.
    They wanted the Unions to be put before those that needed help from a disaster.
    That is absolute hackery, and it is wrong.
    So obviously wrong that even the Unions agree with the position that I took. They welcome the help.

    Even though the initial reports were wrong, the hacks were astonishingly ok with it as reported, and supported what had supposedly happened.
    Their argued position is ridiculous, untenable and above all, still Hackery and wrong. As shown.

    And for the most part, that was what this thread had been about. Disputing their hackery.
    And you want to claim that the only hackery was mine. Your claim is absurd.
    None of what you said above is accurate in any way.



    Had your bothered to read the thread you would have noticed that over 150 post previously I made the following reply.



    Clearly at that point it was understood that they were not purposely turned away by the Union, and I have even said such.

    And at which point the argument became; "The power company did not turn them away, the Union Workers did."

    Which also shows that I was keeping abreast of the story.

    Not only that, but roughly 23 hours before your post, I made the following reply quoting the "Official Press Release" clearly indicating that I was clearly keeping abreast of the story and it changes.

    Added green underlining and highlighting to further your understanding.
    Again, this has all been refuted. Not only was no one turned away, but the issue had zero to do with the power company OR the union. If you were keeping up with the story, you'd know that.




    Your comment deserves a "Doh" because you are just presenting the same thing.
    That bad information lead to their leaving like I said.
    Which shouldn't have happened, as I said.
    Which had nothing to do with the Union... which you DIDN'T say. Prepared to say THAT?


    And thereby showing that the leftist/liberal hacks were wrong from the get, as was previously shown.
    Actually showing that rightwing hacks were wrong from the get go, as I have proven.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #324
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Union Thuggary at it's Finest

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Yes, I want the local union members to get the work, but that doesn't mean I don't want the volunteers to help too if needed. I never ever said that. You are just assuming crap just because I didn't spell everything out.
    BS!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    They can easily get in-state union guys to do the work.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    This is about out-of-state workers coming in to take jobs from locals.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    There are more than enough "trained" people that already exist in NJ that could handle the work.
    You may have later come to the position that you assert above, but it really wasn't and hasn't been the position you were arguing.

    You were, and have been more than ok with them being turned away by the Union, as initially reported. And that is the hackery.



    Only later did you capitulate a little by saying the following, although showing that you still supported the turning away of volunteers.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Why are you assuming that they NEED the outside help to get what needs to be done in a timely fashion. Like I said, there are PLENTY of locals who are capable who are unemployed. Even if they aren't union workers, the local residents who ARE electricians, etc., should be offered the opportunity FIRST before bringing in out-of-staters who will not contribute much to the local economy.
    But then you go right back to it, supporting the reported event with the following statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    If they turned away volunteers, I can only imagine it is because there are still unemployed workers who SHOULD get first dibs on any jobs. Giving the work to local employees helps boost the local economy.

    And more argument supporting the supposed occurrence.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Yes, but they are NOT putting much money back into the local economy. If you put the local people to work in your own city, your city benefits as a result. That is only common sense.

    Then we have this exchange that you also show you didn't understand.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
    Putting money into the economy is not the job here. Helping people in a disaster is what has to be done. You're not getting it. People need food, water, shelter, clothing, and power. Wake up.
    There is nothing wrong with employing the local people FIRST. That is what the problem is, I believe. The local union workers who ARE capable want to be put to work, and there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that.
    This has nothing to do with employing people. Do you understand?

    But then it again goes back to the ridiculous.
    Saying it is ok to turn away disaster relief volunteers, in a time of disaster, in favor of paid employment for locals.
    A ridiculous argument.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Do you really think that if all the local community "resources" were used up, that they would have turned down volunteers? I think it is because there are still skilled unemployed people that could handle the work but haven't been asked. If you can prove otherwise, then please post me a link.
    And the following sums up your position quite nicely, and is why you were in favor and argued in support of what was reported as happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Why doesn't anyone get upset that the local workers get screwed while the state gets a freebie. Instead of paying local people who have probably been out of work for a while, they want to bring in out-of-state volunteers. That part makes me angry.

    And that is only a third of the way through the topic.

  5. #325
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Union Thuggary at it's Finest

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Then I would suggest you admit you were wrong about me.


    Except I wasn't as your further posts have proven. Are you about to admit that the issue had zero to with the power company or the union... as I have prioven?

    And again, the hackery was from those on the left supporting and defending the Unions actions in the original presentation.
    Even though it didn't happen, it doesn't change the fact that they were fully in support of it at the expense of disaster victims.
    Dianna summed it up quite nicely.

    Even though the report was wrong, the hacks on the left supported the reported action.
    That is the sad part about this whole thing, and yet you do not want to recognize that (or at least haven't), and would rather make false claims of hackery.
    Doubly shameful.
    And since the report was wrong, are the rightwing hacks who have blamed the union prepared to retract? Or are they going to hold onto their hackery? Are you going to retract?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #326
    Educator Klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    982

    Re: Union Thuggary at it's Finest

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    This is so exciting! Keep it up you guys are quite entertaining right now.
    ....I can think of at least a couple of things off the top of my head that are just as exciting and entertaining


    Asian_women_big_boobs-430x632.jpgjessica-alba-hot-sexy-cute-beautiful-pics-pictures-photos-cash-warren-baby-girl-mother-fantastic.jpg

  7. #327
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Union Thuggary at it's Finest

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    BS!




    You may have later come to the position that you assert above, but it really wasn't and hasn't been the position you were arguing.

    You were, and have been more than ok with them being turned away by the Union, as initially reported. And that is the hackery.



    Only later did you capitulate a little by saying the following, although showing that you still supported the turning away of volunteers.




    But then you go right back to it, supporting the reported event with the following statement.




    And more argument supporting the supposed occurrence.




    Then we have this exchange that you also show you didn't understand.




    But then it again goes back to the ridiculous.
    Saying it is ok to turn away disaster relief volunteers, in a time of disaster, in favor of paid employment for locals.
    A ridiculous argument.




    And the following sums up your position quite nicely, and is why you were in favor and argued in support of what was reported as happening.



    And that is only a third of the way through the topic.
    Yes, I said they should employ the union people first and if they still need volunteers, then get them. I'm not sure if they have guys available, waiting and willing to work who are already covered under union/power company contracts and neither are you. If there are, then it takes just a phone call to mobilize those guys and NOTHING else because the contracts are already drawn.

    There may have been a mistake where you quoted me and I said "state" when I actually meant the power companies are getting a freebie. But I NEVER said that if volunteers were needed that they shouldn't be called in.

    There is no reason why the power companies cannot PAY the people who are contracted to do the work for them to do some of the work AND the volunteers. Happy?

  8. #328
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Union Thuggary at it's Finest

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, I was right on target with my comment about your hackery. Neither the power company NOR the union turned anyone away. That is clear and has been clear. All you are doing is switching from the power company to the union. You are wrong on both counts.
    You are wrong and obviously can not admit it.
    What a shame.
    I was keeping abreast of the topic and the argument changed as the information did.
    And the hackery was from those on the left as shown.



    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    None of what you said above is accurate in any way.
    Now you are on to dishonesty. What a shame.


    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Again, this has all been refuted. Not only was no one turned away, but the issue had zero to do with the power company OR the union. If you were keeping up with the story, you'd know that.
    You really aren't reading what you reply to are you?
    Saying they received bad info, (which it was) and that bad info being a reason they left, is not saying they were turned away.
    Or do you truly not understand that?



    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Which had nothing to do with the Union... which you DIDN'T say. Prepared to say THAT?.
    Holy mother of megatroid.
    It was in the quote. I didn't need to repeat what I quoted.
    Did I? Of course not.

    Pay attention. It was in the quote.



    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Actually showing that rightwing hacks were wrong from the get go, as I have proven.
    Au contraire, actually showing you are wrong, and being hackish in your assertions.

  9. #329
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Union Thuggary at it's Finest

    And the bottom line is that the whole thing was just a misunderstanding. Obviously Excon just wants to keep it going, accusing people of whatever and trying to make whatever point he is trying to make. Who the heck even knows anymore?

  10. #330
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Union Thuggary at it's Finest

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Except I wasn't as your further posts have proven. Are you about to admit that the issue had zero to with the power company or the union... as I have prioven?
    Surely you have an inability to read what was posted.
    I provided said info before you did.
    Which means you didn't prove anything.




    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    And since the report was wrong, are the rightwing hacks who have blamed the union prepared to retract? Or are they going to hold onto their hackery? Are you going to retract?
    I am sure that as soon as the leftist hacks admit that their position of supporting the Union turning volunteers away during disaster recovery as initially reported, was wrong, you will get what ever right wing hacks that you think there are to admit to the information in the quotes that I provided long before you.
    Last edited by Excon; 11-04-12 at 07:40 PM.

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •