Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 81

Thread: Native American Catholic Saint???

  1. #71
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Native American Catholic Saint???

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    The fact, of course, is that you aren't interested at all in what I wrote, only in trying to seize an opportunity. All you had to do was go to Google and type in "divine spark."
    You made the claim. Provide your genetic evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  2. #72
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Native American Catholic Saint???

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    The catholic church, the catholic empire, and the catholic corporation deserve every bit of scorn they get, and they deserve very little sympathy or empathy from it as well.
    Yeah, never mind all the good it's done. It's only the bad things that matter, like every other organization.

  3. #73
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Native American Catholic Saint???

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Necromancy is the raising of the dead, saints are considered higher order spirits who intervene in the finite world to do good(short version of it).
    Can't make it any clearer than this...

    Isaiah 8:19 And when they say to you, “Inquire of the mediums and the necromancers who chirp and mutter,” should not a people inquire of their God? Should they inquire of the dead on behalf of the living?

    Deuteronomy 18:9-12 “When you come into the land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominable practices of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you.

    Do I really need to add anything else?
    Last edited by Black Dog; 10-27-12 at 12:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #74
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Native American Catholic Saint???

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Can't make it any clearer than this...

    Isaiah 8:19 And when they say to you, “Inquire of the mediums and the necromancers who chirp and mutter,” should not a people inquire of their God? Should they inquire of the dead on behalf of the living?

    Deuteronomy 18:9-12 “When you come into the land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominable practices of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you.

    Do I really need to add anything else?
    I disagree my man. Saints are blessed, there's a very intricate process behind it, though I will grant that non sanctioned spiritual endeavors are verboten.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #75
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Native American Catholic Saint???

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I disagree my man. Saints are blessed, there's a very intricate process behind it, though I will grant that non sanctioned spiritual endeavors are verboten.
    I am not downing my Catholic brothers and sisters, I am no better a sinner, lol. I just disagree with non-biblical church laws as I don't agree the Pope is God's word on earth. It is just a mans law vs Gods law thing for me. I mean dead is dead, saint or not. Nothing in the Bible as far as I have read or studied says the dead have arisen yet. But hey, I could be wrong.

    So no biggie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #76
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Native American Catholic Saint???

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I am not downing my Catholic brothers and sisters, I am no better a sinner, lol. I just disagree with non-biblical church laws as I don't agree the Pope is God's word on earth. It is just a mans law vs Gods law thing for me. I mean dead is dead, saint or not. Nothing in the Bible as far as I have read or studied says the dead have arisen yet. But hey, I could be wrong.

    So no biggie.
    No biggie at all, just trying to give the Catholic perspective. Think about this though, the Catholic church is the original christian church, we kind of had a hand in writing the bible.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #77
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Native American Catholic Saint???

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    No biggie at all, just trying to give the Catholic perspective. Think about this though, the Catholic church is the original christian church, we kind of had a hand in writing the bible.
    Not really, it took writings from much earlier and put them into one place. I mean the Catholic church follows things that are OT and don't even apply to Christians at all. Things that go directly against what Christ taught, you can't justify that by saying well the Pope said it was OK.

    They took what they wanted and used it to gain power and supported things like the Inquisition, Hitler etc. The church, any church is nothing more than fallible men and only God's law is forever. The profits, Apostles etc have been gone for a long time. And the hierarchy of the Catholic church has made HUGE mistakes in history since then. Sided with pure evil, converted via the sword and even hid child molesters in more recent times. Any church is supposed to be a shinning light of Gods love and mercy, not hiding secrets and backing dictators etc.

    Many Catholics are blessed and will be in heaven, this does not however absolve the Catholic church of it's pagan roots and blasphemous behavior over time. They have been the single most disastrous representation of Christs love on this planet, and did evil in his name. Fortunately that can be forgiven, but the damage to the Catholic churches reputation will be much harder to recover, if ever.

    Darn it, I am way off topic. Forgive me. I am done.

    Have a good one man. I will even let you have the last word, something I am loath to do, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #78
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Native American Catholic Saint???

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Not really, it took writings from much earlier and put them into one place. I mean the Catholic church follows things that are OT and don't even apply to Christians at all. Things that go directly against what Christ taught, you can't justify that by saying well the Pope said it was OK.

    They took what they wanted and used it to gain power and supported things like the Inquisition, Hitler etc. The church, any church is nothing more than fallible men and only God's law is forever. The profits, Apostles etc have been gone for a long time. And the hierarchy of the Catholic church has made HUGE mistakes in history since then. Sided with pure evil, converted via the sword and even hid child molesters in more recent times. Any church is supposed to be a shinning light of Gods love and mercy, not hiding secrets and backing dictators etc.

    Many Catholics are blessed and will be in heaven, this does not however absolve the Catholic church of it's pagan roots and blasphemous behavior over time. They have been the single most disastrous representation of Christs love on this planet, and did evil in his name. Fortunately that can be forgiven, but the damage to the Catholic churches reputation will be much harder to recover, if ever.

    Darn it, I am way off topic. Forgive me. I am done.

    Have a good one man. I will even let you have the last word, something I am loath to do, lol.
    I don't know who issues these things man but I've heard the "Catholics borrowed, changed....." argument a whole bunch of times. Keep in mind that some reform churches spread a lot of misinformation about Catholics over the years and things aren't as simple as "those damn Catholics borrowed, misrepresented, etc" we have our own problems sure, but I've seen much worse from some fringe christian groups and evangelicals.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #79
    Professor
    vendur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-05-13 @ 08:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,250

    Re: Native American Catholic Saint???

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Yet in comparison with the Protestants now, Catholics are quite high on the list of being western-scientific-friendly, and are quite fine with symbolic acts rather than literal interpretation.
    Strange then, that the greatest christian scientists/philosophers came out of protestant Europe, eh?

    Do you ever get tired of just making crap up on the internet or do you just have some strange fixation on lying about protestants? I see you again dragging them into some non-related thread and your typical made up "facts".

  10. #80
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,692

    Re: Native American Catholic Saint???

    Quote Originally Posted by vendur View Post
    Strange then, that the greatest christian scientists/philosophers came out of protestant Europe, eh?

    Do you ever get tired of just making crap up on the internet or do you just have some strange fixation on lying about protestants? I see you again dragging them into some non-related thread and your typical made up "facts".
    Dude....what is your problem? I get that you aren't well versed in witchcraft history, but do you have to resort to this sort of strange rambling attacks?
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •