Page 68 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 894

Thread: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

  1. #671
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    i wish i were there to help her...................
    Although your sentiment is probably shared by many, exactly what do you think you could have done?
    She was already messed up as evidenced by her actions/activity.
    There is no way you could have been with this person 24/7 for the rest of yours, or her life.

  2. #672
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea View Post
    I don't think many of you know the pain of being completely outcast in such a way. I was bullied my entire life by kids, and then family, and even teachers. I didn't become stronger, just a social outcast who can't hold a job because I can't relate to people. I remember going numb at one point in order to feel something other than pain.

    I didn't cry, laugh, yell, or have any emotions for a year or more because the depression was so bad. I made imaginary worlds where people cared about me and daydreamed constantly, playing with pencils and ppper in 7th grade and making up new worlds. I knew not to talk to kids or sit with anyone at lunch from elementary to 8th grade. If I hadn't made my imaginary world and immersed myself in both my studies and writting, I wouldn't have made it through. I can't look back on that time to draw strength.from it and wish my childhood had been different everyday. It caused me PTSD and chronic insomnia (as I write I haven't slept in 2 days). Yeah she chose to take her own life, but as a child, it was someone elses responsibility to protect her, when she couldn't protect herself.

    This isn't a temporary problem. I'm living proof i' can affect your whole life into adulthood.
    Sorry to hear about your personal problems and I seriously doubt anyone disagrees with you about the effects of your situation.
    Doesn't change the fact that it was her own responsibility. No one else's.




    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea View Post
    That "lady" was a 12/13 year old 7th grader who had a momentary lapse of judgement coerced by a pedophile.
    No dear! Have you not bothered to read that which has come before? Your facts are wrong.

    She was 15. And the acts of the harasser are far removed in time.
    Her complaints were other than the harasser.


    And secondly. You do not know if the guy is a pedophile or not. You would have known this if you had read what was posted prior to yours.



    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea View Post
    Has anyone explained the psyche of the average 12/13 year old prepubescent girl? They're all about social groups, fitting in, and don't have the capacity to be on their guard against stupid decisions and the longterm consequences thereof. It wasn't about sex but acceptance for one.

    For two, assuming she died a virgin or even having only one sexual partner, flashing her boobs doesn't make her slut or an attention whore. Remember it took her a year to cave into this guy online. He was persistent and knew what he was doing.

    For three, how would you know what this young lady was capable of given a more nurturing environment? Bullying is just another word for abuse and abused children generally achieve less and have more problrns in life than their "Meet the Jones'" , two parent, subhurbian peers.


    This was an innocent life lost.
    Oy Vey!
    Please go and educate yourself about this girl and the situation.
    It looks like Jerry has done some of it for you.
    Regardless, I would suggest doing it on your own.
    Last edited by Excon; 10-17-12 at 07:38 PM.

  3. #673
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by John.NoseTip View Post
    There it is... All this talk about a "responsiblity" is just a way of masking what you really mean.
    Incorrect. All this talk about "responsibility" is just that, talk of responsibility. Hers.
    She is the only one responsible for her death. No one else.





    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Sometimes humanity sickens me, based on how little some care about suicide victims.
    It does?
    That's nice.
    Maybe you can explain why society should care about those who decide to take their own life and how it benefits said society?



    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I doubt they can even comprehend what they're discussing, and it is likely true that they treat suicide flippantly, as though to them life has no meaning.
    And while you are attempting to do the above, please include why everybody should have the same views on life that you do.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    OK, that's just ****ing disgusting. How could you say such absolutely nasty, rotten things? Where do you get off saying such crap about a dead girl you don't even know?
    If it is true it doesn't matter if it is disgusting. The truth should be known, not hidden to paint a different picture.
    Painting a different picture other than the truth is also disgusting. Hiding it is far more disgusting than letting something disgusting be known, or stating ones opinion of it. Therefore your lambasting is falls into the category of being disgusting.

  4. #674
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,086

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Although your sentiment is probably shared by many, exactly what do you think you could have done?
    She was already messed up as evidenced by her actions/activity.
    There is no way you could have been with this person 24/7 for the rest of yours, or her life.
    i dont have to be by your side everytime to help you get rid of a problem. she says she needs someone .i think she just needed an understanding and adoring family..but if you have not a family fulfilling these essential needs ,any person who understands and listens to you can be helpful enough
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  5. #675
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Really?
    Anonymous doesn't even know if they have the right person and you think they did a greater good and admire them?
    Wow!
    What is your basis for questioning their level of certainty?

  6. #676
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    If it is true it doesn't matter if it is disgusting. The truth should be known, not hidden to paint a different picture.
    Painting a different picture other than the truth is also disgusting. Hiding it is far more disgusting than letting something disgusting be known, or stating ones opinion of it. Therefore your lambasting is falls into the category of being disgusting.
    Actually, since your posts have been neither logical nor empathetic on this issue, they really don't deserve much more than castigation.

  7. #677
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Moderator's Warning:
    The bullies win again[W710; 739] Some people are getting pretty upset over this thread, but before you flame do two things: report a post you think is in violation, and take a walk away from the keyboard.

    Warning: personal attacks will not be tolerated... also, ANY needlessly inflammatory phrasings may be infracted if any mod believes it rises to the level of baiting or trolling, hereafter.

    Everybody take a deep breath and a step back, mmkay? Don't make me bring out the Hammer.




    Attachment 67136233
    Thats a nice looking hammer.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #678
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by BayToBay View Post
    What is your basis for questioning their level of certainty?
    Their level of certainty?

    Surely you jest.

    They have no true level of certainty.

    Didn't you bother to check out what "they" said?

  9. #679
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    i dont have to be by your side everytime to help you get rid of a problem. she says she needs someone .i think she just needed an understanding and adoring family..but if you have not a family fulfilling these essential needs ,any person who understands and listens to you can be helpful enough
    Ah... So you are only assuming that you might have been able to help then.

    Well I have seen her father speak. He seems like a nice loving and caring guy.
    He wasn't able to help even though he was aware of what was going on.

    She was on antidepressants, indicating a professional that wasn't able to help.

    What more do you need to understand that your input most likely would not have helped any.

  10. #680
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Their level of certainty?

    Surely you jest.

    They have no true level of certainty.

    Didn't you bother to check out what "they" said?
    Do you have a specific reason to believe they were guessing? Are you just making an emotionally based argument?

Page 68 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •