Page 59 of 90 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 894

Thread: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

  1. #581
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    No. But consider Jim Jones and the Jonestown Massacre. Jim Jones was able to brainwashing hundreds of people into drinking cyanide.

    Was he not responsible?
    Uhhh...didn't Jim Jones either give them the cyanide or conspire to give them the cyanide? He didn't just make them feel bad and then they did it on their own.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  2. #582
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Were you bullied as a child?
    No. Why would you ask this?
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  3. #583
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    Who is making these attibutes to bullies for the suicides?. 4000 a year?? Were did you get that statistic?
    I posted the figures and sources back on page #46 I think.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  4. #584
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    No. Why would you ask this?
    ...Just curious.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  5. #585
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Uhhh...yeah. You should probably refresh the thread before you post.
    Sorry, I have several things going on where I am and since I do not take you very seriously, I am not giving your posts sufficient attention.

    Fine, I will ask again.

    Okay, ask me a question and I will answer it honestly.

    And when I do, I ask you to answer the following question:


    what if a father (who is a cop) rapes his 8 year old child every day for 4 years. Finally, the child takes her own life because she cannot see any other way to stop him from raping her.

    Now is he morally responsible at all for her suicide?

    Yes or no?

  6. #586
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Excuse me, but would it kill you to not talk down to us when you say that?

    I have zero problem with what your intention was - some on here were breaking the rules and you wanted to put a stop to it.

    But there is no reason you have to be SOOOO condescending when you do it.

    If you were a cop and this was real life - fine.

    But you are not and this ain't.

    It's a simple online chat forum and you are a moderator.
    I don't think the warning was directed to you.....and I don't think your reply here was such a good idea.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  7. #587
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Fine, I will ask again.

    Okay, ask me a question and I will answer it honestly.
    Uhhh...I did that. I did that the last time you asked.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  8. #588
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Uhhh...didn't Jim Jones either give them the cyanide or conspire to give them the cyanide? He didn't just make them feel bad and then they did it on their own.
    YMy point was more toward this idea that since the bully didn't actually murder the kid, the bully was not at allresponsible.

    There was a case that has been referenced in this thread, where there was a nurse (I forget the name of this person) who went on suicide chat rooms and convinced people to commit suicide, provide ways to commit suicide, lied about joining suicide pacts, and watched as these people committed suicide.

  9. #589
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    I don't think the warning was directed to you.....and I don't think your reply here was such a good idea.
    I assumed it was not directed at me.

    And I am sure you are right that it was not such a good idea.

    But I thought it needed to be said anyway.


    Thanks for the heads up anyway though.

  10. #590
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    YMy point was more toward this idea that since the bully didn't actually murder the kid, the bully was not at allresponsible.
    No one said that. They're responsible for whatever stalking, harassment, and assault they perpetuated. But this girl committed suicide and that's on her.

    There was a case that has been referenced in this thread, where there was a nurse (I forget the name of this person) who went on suicide chat rooms and convinced people to commit suicide, provide ways to commit suicide, lied about joining suicide pacts, and watched as these people committed suicide.
    Maybe she's be guilty of stalking, I dunno. She could've easily been found guilty of harassment. Beyond that? Nah.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

Page 59 of 90 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •