Page 37 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 894

Thread: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

  1. #361
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    in 3...2...1.... here comes the pro-bully posts
    AmandaTodd.jpg
    ...........

    Last edited by Jerry; 10-16-12 at 03:40 AM.

  2. #362
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    I think as a girl it must be harder. I got past bullying by being a 6'1 wrecking machine and I just beat ass. My youngest brother had it rough but he can't harm a fly. Me, I've broke noses, arms, and ruined others **** over much less than this girl took. I was designed to not take **** from anyone and that's carried on into adulthood. It helps out, but unfortunately gets you into trouble too.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  3. #363
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    AmandaTodd.jpg
    ...........

    I don't know why but when I saw that pic I laughed.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  4. #364
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,925

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    I've thought about this, but I really think this is criminal activity that our cops and prosecutors need to address.

    Do you happen to know the Megan Meier case?

    Megan was 12 when she went online (in her room) and joined MySpace, against her parents' instructions. There, she was befriended by what she believed was a 16 year old boy. For a few months, he romanced her, then suddenly, he rejected her and told she was a horrible person -- at great length.

    Megan was 13 when she suicided.

    After she died, her parents discovered the 16 year old boy was a hoax, and the real person behind the profile was their 43 year old neighbor, Lori Drew. Drew knew Megan not only as a neighbor but as her own 13 year old daughter's playmate -- and she knew Megan had been under a psychiatrist's care for serious depression for years. Drew evidentially was angry because she suspected Megan was no longer as interested in her child's friendship as she had once been.

    When these facts emerged, the federal DA tried Drew and got a conviction under a computer fraud law, but this conviction was overturned on appeal.

    As we sit here today, Drew's conduct remains perfectly legal, but a bill that would criminalize it is pending in Congress.


    Bill Text - 111th Congress (2009-2010) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

    I'd urge everyone reading this to contact their lawmakers and ask them to pass that bill.
    I am not about make speach or writing unlawful in any context. Pinkie that law is an abomination. I will absolutely oppose it. Freedom of speach is THE most important right we have and I for one am NOT about to take the chance that the Supreme Court as it is today would throw the law out. Pinkie you got a kind heart. But this law can be used in such a malicous fashion that I shudder to think about it. The world is not full of right intended people. There are some evil mother****ers out there. But I will always take my chances with them before I give up a right. This law esstially defines speach. Once you down that road, there is little chance of retreat.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  5. #365
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Amanda Todd's alleged tormentor named by hacker group - British Columbia - CBC News

    The tragic story of B.C. teen suicide victim Amanda Todd has taken another bizarre twist as the internet hacking and activist group Anonymous has named a man the group says was the girl's primary tormentor.

  6. #366
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    I am not about make speach or writing unlawful in any context. Pinkie that law is an abomination. I will absolutely oppose it. Freedom of speach is THE most important right we have and I for one am NOT about to take the chance that the Supreme Court as it is today would throw the law out. Pinkie you got a kind heart. But this law can be used in such a malicous fashion that I shudder to think about it. The world is not full of right intended people. There are some evil mother****ers out there. But I will always take my chances with them before I give up a right. This law esstially defines speach. Once you down that road, there is little chance of retreat.
    You are certainly not alone in your concern, Pirate. I don't want crappy laws, either. I disagree that it is hopeless that we can criminalize only the behavior we abhore and leave all other speech legal, but I do not deny that if it can be done, it'll be a genius-level accomplishment.

  7. #367
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by BayToBay View Post
    Amanda Todd's alleged tormentor named by hacker group - British Columbia - CBC News

    The tragic story of B.C. teen suicide victim Amanda Todd has taken another bizarre twist as the internet hacking and activist group Anonymous has named a man the group says was the girl's primary tormentor.
    My daughter's Master thesis is on cyber-bullying; that's why I followed this so closely for over a year.

  8. #368
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,925

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    You are certainly not alone in your concern, Pirate. I don't want crappy laws, either. I disagree that it is hopeless that we can criminalize only the behavior we abhore and leave all other speech legal, but I do not deny that if it can be done, it'll be a genius-level accomplishment.
    The problem Pinky, with this law is it regulates speach. It is suprisingly simple for a law none the less, it is incredibly bad law. Who ever wrote it did not bother to look at the constitution. If they did the law would be a whole lot diffrent, if it even existed. i live by the philosophy that in order for freedom to florish the stupid must be allowed to be stupid, despite the costs, for in the end I believe that those costs will be more than made up for by other less more inteligent people who learn from the stupid what NOT to do, which is just as important, maybe more so than knowing what to do. That may sound cruel but in the end, I believe everyone has a purpose even if it is to be the idiot who sticks their hand in a blender while it running. (I actually saw someone try that move, they are lucky I interviened quickly. Believe it or not they were offended that I did. I suppose no good deed goes unpunished.)
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  9. #369
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    There are parallels, but I realize that if you have not studied on this, you might not know that.
    Just because you believe that doesn't make it so.

    Like I said. Leave the hypotheticals out of this.
    They have no bearing



    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    If I arm you, then remote-control your body to cause you to shoot yourself in the head, were you murdered by me? Of course.

    I'm saying the mind control of a child on the net is sometimes this powerful.
    Holy **** talk about whacked.
    Bs!


    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    R'ly? And you have which facts to back up your claim?

    Because I can sure back up mine. BTW, is there a reason you want adults to be free to bully children over the net?
    I have her actions. Clearly indicating she was unstable.
    And all of those kids out there who don't take their life as a result of similar circumstances.
    Do you deny they exist?

    What do you have?



    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Are you referring to Lori Drew? If so, a jury of her peers, a federal prosecutor, a US congressman and a few other million people disagree with you about her guilt for the death of Megan Meier.
    And wiser minds prevailed.
    The millions of emotional were wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    When these facts emerged, the federal DA tried Drew and got a conviction under a computer fraud law, but this conviction was overturned on appeal.

    As we sit here today, Drew's conduct remains perfectly legal, but a bill that would criminalize it is pending in Congress.

    Bill Text - 111th Congress (2009-2010) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

    I'd urge everyone reading this to contact their lawmakers and ask them to pass that bill.
    See wiser minds prevailed. She shouldn't have been charged in the first place.

    And I would urge people do the exact opposite. Demand they defeat it.

    And if passed, hopefully wiser minds will prevail again, and strike it.
    We do not need such a law with up to two year penalties.



    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    No, there are not. Existing laws about internet conduct deal mainly with fraud.
    WTF? Yes we do.
    We already have laws on the books against assault, do we not?
    We already have laws on the books against harassment, do we not?

    Any of those laws can be modified if they need to specifically cover the elements involved with the internet.




    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    I hope you never have to know just how wrong you are.
    I am not wrong, she is clearly responsible for her death. So I hope you never find out just how right I am.
    Oh, wait a minute, you wouldn't find out because you still would want to blame someone else.
    Oh well.




    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    No face to face interaction has the impact on a child that internet interaction has.
    I am sure you know that is psycho babel bull ****. You might buy into it, but others do not.
    She is solely responsible for her actions. No none else.



    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Shift responsibility? Were you free to murder children before the net was invented? Should a new murder weapon give you any more right to commit crimes with immunity?
    Holy ****, more none bearing hypotheticals. Figures.

    Stick with reality.
    By placing blame on others you are trying to shift her responsibility.
    She made that decision. No one else did. No one twisted her arm, no one cajoled her, and no one talked her into it.
    She is the one who made that decision all on her own.



    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    The mere fact that you are ignorant does not alter the reality that you are.
    iLOL
    The ignorance was all yours.
    Which is why you were wrong.
    Your hypothetical does not apply.



    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    I'm 100% confident that anyone who is not willfully ignorant can learn. Only you know whether or not this describes you.
    Likewise dear!
    The only thing that needs to be learned here is that she is solely responsible for her actions. No one else.



    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    You do seem to hate kids, and to be proud of that hatred.
    Wow!
    Besides your absurd tactic, admitting the truth that she is responsible for her actions, is now hatred of kids?
    A person's thoughts have to be severely convoluted to even say such a thing.
    But I can see you are again straying and choosing to try and discuss me rather than the topic.
    What a shame.



    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    This seems a tad repetitive; is there a reason you are so adamant in defense of those who murder children?
    Holy ****!
    Excuse me?
    I haven't defended such.
    And your hyperbole is noted.
    No wonder you can not grasp the reality of her responsibility. You think she was murdered.

    Let me clue you in so you know. She committed suicide. That means she took her own life.
    Hope that clears it up for you.
    If not, do you need a linky say she committed suicide?

    As for your "repetitive comment" - you asked why, and I told you why.
    Don't try to claim it is repetitive when you asked for it.



    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    There's a great deal more to know. I'm beginning to suspect you cannot or will not learn, but that'd be a personal problem of yours.
    No there is not a great deal more to know. Because none of it changes who is responsible for her actions, as we all know, she is. Nothing changes that.
    You don't get to come along and say; Well gee, I think she was under the intoxicating effect of the internet, so she is not responsible for taking her own life.
    That bull**** doesn't fly.
    Just as if she had instead chosen to take the life of her previous assaulter, or that of her previous harasser, and not her own, she would be responsible, and you know it. It doesn't simply change because it was her own life. She is responsible. Period.



    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    You quote me and make such a comment when the other was the initiator and I the responder.
    Strange to say the least.
    But it clearly shows your bias. This entire reply is a trip.
    This entire reply is a trip.
    No it is not a trip, but clearly a deflection on your part.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Again, you seem oddly defensive of adults who harm kids.
    And you are so far off base.
    But sadly, you do want to hold responsible those who are not.
    If you do not understand that, it means you are wrong.
    Stating that she is responsible for her actions of taking her own life is not in any way shape or form being defensive of adults who harm kids.
    But thanks for the foolish comment. It is a great sign that the poster has lost the argument when they start focusing on the other poster instead of the subject.



    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Huh? After all this, you agree that internet bullying should be a crime when it results in a child's death?
    WTF?
    Do you not read what comes before when you decide to participate in a topic?
    Regardless of your ignorance, it does not change the fact that she is responsible for taking her own life.

    As for your question. No. Especially not in this case.
    I would oppose any such legislation, because the individual is responsible for taking their own life. Not some bogeyperson on the internet.
    Last edited by Excon; 10-16-12 at 04:50 AM.

  10. #370
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    This was a contest between slick, adult predators and one little girl.
    A contest?
    Please back that up.

Page 37 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •