Page 26 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 894

Thread: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

  1. #251
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    How many times do you have to be told?
    As many times as it takes for you to admit that the only reason you won't answer the question is because to do so would put your position in a bad light.

    But since you cannot even manage that...let's just move on and get back to the topic?


    Have a nice day.

  2. #252
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    But she is just a kid!
    Bs!
    Other stable kids go through similar circumstances and are not out there taking their life.

    She doesn't deserve any special considerations because she did.

    And just because she is a kid does not mean she is not responsible for taking her own life.
    How can you even think otherwise?

  3. #253
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You know what though, even at that age, I still had friends who had the courage to remain my friends. Sounds like she didn't have that.
    Yes, the whole situation is so sad and depressing.

  4. #254
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Bs!
    Other stable kids go through similar circumstances and are not out there taking their life.

    She doesn't deserve any special considerations because she did.

    And just because she is a kid does not mean she is not responsible for taking her own life.
    How can you even think otherwise?
    Because a lot of times kids don't think things through, they just react.

  5. #255
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Is that what you think?
    That's nice!
    This is all tertiary and irrelevant as to her responsibility.




    "WE" have no such responsibility. Stop trying to place a burden that does not exist.



    Good for you!

    [sarcasm]Would you like to hold her teachers responsible for not intervening which may have prevented her eventually killing of herself?[/sarcasm]

    And as a teacher I think that when ever you see actual bullying and teasing, that you should intervene to stop it.
    By bullying the student.
    Because that is what it is in essence.
    Correct your actions or this will happen to you.

    But it still does not mean that she is the only one responsible for her actions. Because she is.




    She wrote herself off.


    Exactly.
    Not even by what they did.

    She is solely responsible.




    And the stable ones are not out there taking there own life. Are they?
    Regardless. It does not relieve her of her responsibility in taking her own life.
    if you'd allow your own 12-15 year olds to be completely responsible for their own actions.........then I'd feel sincerely sorry for your children. As ChrisL said......she was just a child. We can't always hold children to the same levels of expected socialization as we do adults. You can't see this?
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  6. #256
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    [COLOR="#442244"]You are assuming that she was made more unstable. lol
    Bs! She was unstable period.
    And where is your link to factual proof that she was emotionally unstable before any of the bullying on any level, at any time in her life occurred?

    If you have none, then you cannot know she was not rendered emotionally unstable by the abuse she received.

    You can guess, hope or believe...but you cannot know.

  7. #257
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Yes, the whole situation is so sad and depressing.
    It is.....

  8. #258
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    As many times as it takes for you to admit that the only reason you won't answer the question is because to do so would put your position in a bad light.

    But since you cannot even manage that...let's just move on and get back to the topic?

    Have a nice day.
    And you are wrong.
    I gave you the circumstance under which I would reply.
    I do not care if you do not like that.
    Your refusal, just goes to show how the hypothetical was absurd to begin with.

    So either follow your own advise and move-on, or keep replying, because then I will also do so.

    Matters not to me.

  9. #259
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Because a lot of times kids don't think things through, they just react.
    And?
    That does not excuse or relieve her of the responsibility in taking her own life.

  10. #260
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    if you'd allow your own 12-15 year olds to be completely responsible for their own actions.........then I'd feel sincerely sorry for your children. As ChrisL said......she was just a child. We can't always hold children to the same levels of expected socialization as we do adults. You can't see this?
    We are responsible for the action we take no matter our age. It hardly matters what level of socialization we have.

Page 26 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •