Page 19 of 90 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 894

Thread: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

  1. #181
    Student John.NoseTip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Music City
    Last Seen
    10-17-12 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    287

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Legisilation on "bullying" when it takes the verbal form is difficult if not impossible. Even if it was possible it wouldn't take long before it would be bastardized to the point of repressing all kinds of speech which I hope most people don't want.

    Why she was bullied is really the problem in my opinion. She was bullied because she felt shame about flashing her tits and a roll in hay. I suspect the shame she felt is probably what kept her from standing up for herself. She felt she deserved it. The fact that she felt she deserved it is what is a total load of bulls***. She was fourteen. A fourteen year old starting to have sexual feelings is the most natural thing in the world and nothing to be ashamed of. The absurd notion that "good girls" don't do that needs to be done away with once and for all.

  2. #182
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    What are you blathering about? I said NOTHING about making 'mental harm' illegal. I just wanted to see how morally bankrupt you were. And the fact you think there is no moral responsibility to a child molestor who repeatedly rapes a child who later kills them self due to the constant rapes speaks volumes about you. Have a nice day.
    Reading though all of the posts on this thread, it's obvious that you're subtlely misinterpreting sentences, changing meanings and not understanding stated points of view, specifically so that you can create false opinions from other posters and then self-righteously attack them for the false opinions that you yourself created.

    There's no point in that sort of infantile behavior.

    Take your time and fully understand posts, read them several times if you have to and then state your honest opinion of the actual stated subject matter. Otherwise you create a dissolution into meaninglessness and cut off civil discourse.

  3. #183
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Last Seen
    03-11-16 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    551

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    When I was going through school, the teachers didn't really care about bullying. They just cared about disruptions. The bullies usually didn't get in trouble because they would harass people when the teachers weren't around. The only people who would get in trouble were those who stood up to the bullies.

    Teachers did to start giving a damn. But that's true for more than just bullying. Too many teachers don't even want to do their jobs, period. Obviously there are plenty of exceptions, but that is becoming too much of the norm.

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Reading though all of the posts on this thread, it's obvious that you're subtlely misinterpreting sentences, changing meanings and not understanding stated points of view, specifically so that you can create false opinions from other posters and then self-righteously attack them for the false opinions that you yourself created.

    There's no point in that sort of infantile behavior.

    Take your time and fully understand posts, read them several times if you have to and then state your honest opinion of the actual stated subject matter. Otherwise you create a dissolution into meaninglessness and cut off civil discourse.
    Okaaaaay.

    I asked the guy a hypothetical question, he answered it and I am simply restating his answer.

    Plus, I said nothing about making mental harm illegal.

    So what you yourself are blabbing on about is totally beyond me.


    But, I will ask you, do you think that a person who commits unspeakable acts of physical abuse to another person has zero moral responsibility if the person they abused kills themselves directly due to that physical abuse?

  5. #185
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,183

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post

    Anyway...

    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

    I'm not exactly sure how anyone being honest can say the limits we are talking about here is actually constitutional.
    As DA60 pointed out, First Amendment freedoms do not extend to slander or blackmail. Nor does it extend to shouting "fire" in a theater. Similarly, the Second Amendment doesn't extend to the right to shoot somebody.

    In other words, your rights extend as far as they don't harm somebody. I'm not sure of the difference between "I'm going to kill you," and "You should kill yourself" other than who does the killing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #186
    Educator Schutzengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Last Seen
    04-20-13 @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    719

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    As DA60 pointed out, First Amendment freedoms do not extend to slander or blackmail. Nor does it extend to shouting "fire" in a theater. Similarly, the Second Amendment doesn't extend to the right to shoot somebody.

    In other words, your rights extend as far as they don't harm somebody. I'm not sure of the difference between "I'm going to kill you," and "You should kill yourself" other than who does the killing.
    That distinction is the difference between a threat and a suggestion. I am going to kill you ... puts control into the hand of someone who wishes malice, and the other puts the power to harm in a self-interested party... if you do not understand the distinction I will try better to clarify.
    History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid. - Ike

    Tea is better for you than Kool-Aid.

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    I don't want to legislate speech! I just got pissed when I read the awful BLAME GAME that was going on in this thread. The lack of compassion for a teenage girl who felt desperate enough to take her own life is just disgusting and pitiful. Blaming this one or that one is NOT helpful nor does it solve the problem. Is that REALLY what matters here? Who is to blame?

  8. #188
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,183

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Schutzengel View Post
    That distinction is the difference between a threat and a suggestion. I am going to kill you ... puts control into the hand of someone who wishes malice, and the other puts the power to harm in a self-interested party... if you do not understand the distinction I will try better to clarify.
    I can understand the legal distinction, but perhaps laws that extend to suggesting self-harm be held in the same regard.

    There is a case of somebody being convicted on advising people on suicide online.

    Minnesota Man Assisted Internet Suicide - ABC News

    The case is awaiting appeal, but as it stands now, the man is in prison for telling people to kill themselves and giving advice on how to do it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #189
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,866
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Must be that time of season. I've heard of 3 suicides in the space of a week. Sorry but I have no sympathy for those that commit suicide. Particularly because of bullying. Medical conditions, fine. But bullying? Give me a break. I was bullied constantly in school. Being the smallest in class and always moving around (reticent because of it) tends to do that to a boy. I was constantly getting into fights, at least once a week. Guess what? I'm still here and have never had any psychological issues because of it.

    Personally I blame it on societies current view, and mantra, of "everyone is a winner". Kids need to learn about failure and disappointment. That is probably why I survived. My parents never pulled that crap with me. I either succeeded or failed. There was no hedging or hawing about it.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #190
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,183

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Must be that time of season. I've heard of 3 suicides in the space of a week. Sorry but I have no sympathy for those that commit suicide. Particularly because of bullying. Medical conditions, fine. But bullying? Give me a break. I was bullied constantly in school. Being the smallest in class and always moving around (reticent because of it) tends to do that to a boy. I was constantly getting into fights, at least once a week. Guess what? I'm still here and have never had any psychological issues because of it.

    Personally I blame it on societies current view, and mantra, of "everyone is a winner". Kids need to learn about failure and disappointment. That is probably why I survived. My parents never pulled that crap with me. I either succeeded or failed. There was no hedging or hawing about it.
    I think the difference now is that with social media, etc., it's so much more prevalent. Used to be we could go home and forget about it. Now it's on facebook, getting text messages. That's just technological, yes, but sometimes newer technology requires more.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 19 of 90 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •