Page 18 of 90 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 894

Thread: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

  1. #171
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman24 View Post
    Maybe you do not know the difference between disturbed, developementally disabled or depressed. I have my own opinion on your last statement
    Good for you. Now does that mean you defend bullies, or do you criticize them? I repeat my statement, which I think will be much clearer than yours. People who enjoy inflicting emotional and physical pain on others, solely for their own enjoyment, are defective human beings.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Freedom of speech does not include slander, defamation, blackmail and threats of physical violence.

    All of these are actionable/illegal.
    Yes it does, but yes, they are illegal and actionable as it stands.

  3. #173
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Bully for you. So by your apparent definition, anything intimidating or aggressive in nature should be outlawed? When you can offer me a realistic concrete definition of what you wish to be outlawed that is not currently against the law, then we can have a discussion. I have seen much better definitions out there in discussion land than some general definition that could be applied in an overly-broad way. If you just want to rant about a bad set of facts that you do not like and can do nothing about, proceed without me.
    OK. It's a deal.

    And if you wish to continue to defend emotional and mental harrassment as just good clean fun, protected by the First Amendment, you can continue without me.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  4. #174
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    OK. It's a deal.

    And if you wish to continue to defend emotional and mental harrassment as just good clean fun, protected by the First Amendment, you can continue without me.
    How can I continue something I have never even started? I defy you to find a post by me that says bullying is good clean fun or even acceptable as you allege. It is a reality, as is the fact the the Supreme Court knocks first amendment infringing laws down by either unanimous or near unanimous decisions most every time they encounter one that could even remotely infringe upon speech.

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yes it does, but yes, they are illegal and actionable as it stands.
    Whatever.

    Anyone that thinks someone that molested a child for years bares ZERO moral responsibility if that child commits suicide because of the molesting; like you do; is someone who I could care less what they think. At least in this thread.

    That you think that is just creepy to me.


    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by DA60; 10-15-12 at 12:03 AM.

  6. #176
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman24 View Post
    This is compassionless and wrong as well as offensive.
    No, it is not wrong.
    She is responsible.
    And saying so, is not lacking compassion.

    And if a person is offended by speaking the truth of the matter, they are overly sensitive.




    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman24 View Post
    Why don't you go tell her family that. I am sure they will be impressed.
    Puh-lease!
    Your ridiculousness is noted.
    Save it!







    Appeal to emotion
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Appeal to emotion
    or argumentum ad passiones is a logical fallacy which uses the manipulation of the recipient's emotions, rather than valid logic, to win an argument. The appeal to emotion fallacy uses emotions as the basis of an argument's position without factual evidence that logically supports the major ideas endorsed by the elicitor of the argument. Also, this kind of thinking may be evident in one who lets emotions and/or other subjective considerations influence one's reasoning process. This kind of appeal to emotion is a type of red herring and encompasses several logical fallacies, including:

    Appeal to consequences
    Appeal to fear
    Appeal to flattery
    Appeal to pity
    Appeal to ridicule
    Appeal to spite
    Wishful thinking

    Analytical assumptions
    Instead of facts, persuasive language is used to develop the foundation of an appeal to emotion-based argument. Thus, the validity of the premises that establish such an argument does not prove to be verifiable.[1]

    Unjustifiable
    Conclusively, the appeal to emotion fallacy presents a perspective intended to be superior to reason. Appeals to emotion are intended to draw visceral feelings from the acquirer of the information. And in turn, the acquirer of the information is intended to be convinced that the statements that were presented in the fallacious argument are true; solely on the basis that the statements may induce emotional stimulation such as fear, pity and joy. Though these emotions may be provoked by an appeal to emotion fallacy, substantial proof of the argument is not offered, and the argument's premises remain invalid.[2][3][4]

    Appeal to emotion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Whatever.

    Anyone that thinks someone that molested a child for years bares ZERO moral responsibility if that child commits suicide because of the molesting; like you do; is someone who I could care less what they think. At least in this thread.

    That you think that is just creepy to me.


    Have a nice day.
    I could care less about the moral aspect of the case since we are dealing with legal punishments and human rights.

    Sure it is wrong to inflict mental harm on another, but mental harms make no sense to be illegal.

  8. #178
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Bullying may be a part of human nature, but so is violence. So what?
    So what?
    It serves a natural process. That is what.



    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Sorry, anybody who thinks bullying someone to the point of suicide is just 'part of human nature' and therefore acceptable is simply wrong.
    iLOL
    Is that what is being said?
    Secondly; this "to the point of" is ridiculous. She took her own life. She was unstable and is responsible for it. No one else.
    That we should not place blame on others for such is the point.



    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    And I repeat, those who defend bullies and see nothing wrong with it were, in all probability, bullies themselves.
    And I say again that you are wrong.
    I see more people who have been bullied speaking out in what you would call "defense of".

  9. #179
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I could care less about the moral aspect of the case since we are dealing with legal punishments and human rights.

    Sure it is wrong to inflict mental harm on another, but mental harms make no sense to be illegal.
    Yes, attempting to make mental harms, thoughts, or ill wishes illegal would not only be stupid, but just an attempt at trying to stifle human emotion, and with trying to stifle human emotion, we would probably see even worse tendencies come out, as controlling authority tends to bring out the worst in people, as a natural tendency to rebel surfaces.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I could care less about the moral aspect of the case since we are dealing with legal punishments and human rights.

    Sure it is wrong to inflict mental harm on another, but mental harms make no sense to be illegal.
    What are you blathering about?

    I said NOTHING about making 'mental harm' illegal.

    I just wanted to see how morally bankrupt you were.

    And the fact you think there is no moral responsibility to a child molestor who repeatedly rapes a child who later kills them self due to the constant rapes speaks volumes about you.


    Have a nice day.

Page 18 of 90 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •