Page 15 of 90 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 894

Thread: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

  1. #141
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    im not really sure if this is the proper place for this, but since it's the topic of bullying, i guess it's ok to place it here.






    This is a very tragic story of a girl that commited suicide because of bullying. Yes, she made some big mistakes, but these mistakes do not make it ok to bully.

    This is the video that she post prior to killing herself. very sad.

    This needs to stop!



    Amanda Todd: Bullied Canadian Teen Commits Suicide After Prolonged Battle Online And In School


    in 3...2...1.... here comes the pro-bully posts
    Sooner or later.....for whatever reason, she was going to off herself..

    Suicide, a permanent answer to a temporary problem.

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Granted, circumstances dictate, but I see a threat of violence, as an act of a bully.




    Basically, yes!
    Most people can withstand such.
    Those who are unstable cannot, and take their life.


    Clearly she was unstable.







    Draconian methods?
    That wouldn't help at all.

    Secondly we need to distinguish between teasing and actual bullying.

    My definition would be any threats of, or actual violence, and constant teasing to the point of harassment.
    The constant teasing of a lesser degree of bullying.







    Why?


    This is a debate forum.
    Emotion should be removed from the equation.
    And removing emotion does not mean that ones does not have any for the person. Nor should emotion dictate how one looks at the circumstances.



    Well when one only considers how their actions will affect others, it is selfish. Is it not?
    Having said that, I think it would be better to say that selfishness does not come into the equation when one wants to end it all.




    She most likely did. Which would be a reason not to care that she took her own life.


    Having compassion does not somehow change anything that anybody has said, nor would it.
    Do you somehow think it would?



    Yes they most likely are. Some families just should not be having children. This may be one of them.


    And?
    It doesn't change a darn thing.
    As a society, it would be better if we could prevent such people from being born in the first place.







    I watched the video.
    It was a "Woe is me!" one.
    She was wrong for the flashing and the guy was wrong for using it against her in the way he did.

    And she got beat-up for her actions. Not that I believe it was a sufficient reason, but it was for her actions.


    And she went and laid down in a ditch.

    "Teachers ran over but I just went and layed in a ditch and my dad found me."
    Yet another disgusting post. Emotions have EVERYTHING to do with this particular thread. All of your premises are retarded and sound like they came from somebody who is suffering from mental illness of another kind.

    She was a CHILD! Children are notorious for not having good coping skills. That is only ONE reason why they are STILL children at 16 years old. They DO NOT have the emotional or mental capabilities that adults do. Why you people have such a difficult time understanding that, I don't know, but you really make yourselves sound like unfeeling assholes. I am SO glad I don't know anyone like you personally.

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Sooner or later.....for whatever reason, she was going to off herself..

    Suicide, a permanent answer to a temporary problem.
    That's not true. There are plenty of people who have suicidal ideation and NEVER go through with actual suicide. This stuff can be treated! The problem is recognizing the signs (if there are any - there are NOT always signs that are so easily recognizable).

    I used to feel the same way until suicide affected ME personally. Let me tell me, if it ever does, you will have MUCH more compassion for these people.

  4. #144
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Yet another disgusting post.
    iLOL

    Wrong!
    There is nothing disgusting about it.

    Whether you like it or not, she is solely responsible for her actions.



    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Emotions have EVERYTHING to do with this particular thread.
    Not if it is going to be debated.
    And nobody should be ashamed for participating except those who are criticizing other posters.



    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    All of your premises are retarded and sound like they came from somebody who is suffering from mental illness of another kind.
    Nothing but uncalled for emotional and hypocritical tripe.

    Whether you like it or not, she is solely responsible for her actions.




    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    She was a CHILD! Children are notorious for not having good coping skills. That is only ONE reason why they are STILL children at 16 years old. They DO NOT have the emotional or mental capabilities that adults do. Why you people have such a difficult time understanding that, I don't know, but you really make yourselves sound like unfeeling assholes. I am SO glad I don't know anyone like you personally.
    So what?
    [sarcasm]Your above statement is why all the children are out there committing suicide right?[/sarcasm]
    Of course not. All the kids are not commuting suicide, because the vast majority cope just fine, even with similar circumstance.
    She was unstable.

    Whether you like it or not, she is solely responsible for her actions.
    Last edited by Excon; 10-14-12 at 12:42 PM.

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    iLOL

    Wrong!
    There is nothing disgusting about it.

    Whether you like it or not, she is solely responsible for her actions.
    Nope, children are NEVER solely responsible for their actions. That is why they are not out there on their own . . . because MOST of time of they are incapable! I wonder if you have children of your own, or if maybe you are a child yourself.



    Not if it is going to be debated.
    And nobody should be ashamed for participating except those who are criticizing other posters.
    What's to debate? Who you want to lay the blame on? So you'll choose to blame the child? The ones who should be ashamed are the ones who have absolutely no compassion for the pain and suffering of a child.

    Nothing but uncalled for emotional tripe.

    Whether you like it or not, she is solely responsible for her actions.
    Whether you like it or not, you cannot blame people who don't have their full capacities (as in the case of CHILDREN). Everything is not so black and white. (I find myself saying this a lot lately). Some people suffer every day and every minute of their lives with suicidal thoughts and depression! It is a disease and it is NOT their fault!


    So what?
    [sarcasm]Your above statement is why all the children are out there committing suicide right?[/sarcasm] Of course not. All the kids are not commuting suicide, because the vast majority cope just fine, even with similar circumstance.
    She was unstable.


    Thank you for admitting to that. If she was unstable AND a child, then there are TWO things which make her NOT responsible.

    Whether you like it or not, she is solely responsible for her actions.
    NO she isn't, whether you like it or not. Teen years are full of angst and pain. Teen's brains are not yet equipped to deal with a LOT of emotional/mental things. Teens and children DO NOT realize the permanency or destructiveness of their decisions. That is why they are considered CHILDREN. I don't know why you cannot grasp that simple concept.

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    People are so much more complicated than "right and wrong" or "good and bad." There are things that we still don't know about our own brains . . . that is how complicated we are, especially in the emotional/mental realm. We don't know what has happened in this little girl's past. ANYTHING could have happened to this little girl. The things she did recently (the internet stuff and the suicide) could be simply side effects, so to pass judgment is completely horrible.

    This is not a "who do I blame" situation. It is a horrible tragedy that may or may not have been able to be prevented. Many of these situations arise out of a lack of understanding, missing signs, denial, and there are all KINDS of human emotional dynamics involved.

    The sad thing is that there is a little girl who will NEVER get to experience a lot of the joys in the life, and a family who will grieve FOREVER over the loss of a beautiful daughter and the future she may have had.

  7. #147
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Nope, children are NEVER solely responsible for their actions.
    Ah... yes they are. It is why even 16 year old's can be tried as an adult.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    or if maybe you are a child yourself.
    iLOL
    More uncalled for tripe. And you have the audacity to call others disgusting? Yeah, ok hypocrite.
    Grow up!



    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Who you want to lay the blame on? So you'll choose to blame the child?
    She is the blame for taking her life. Period. Not someone else. She is.
    The others, as already stated, are responsible for their actions.



    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    The ones who should be ashamed are the ones who have absolutely no compassion for the pain and suffering of a child.
    iLOL
    You are confusing compassion, with not laying blame where it belongs. Others are not inclined to ignore the obvious.
    HAving compassion for her, her family, and the circumstance they all found their selves in, does not in any way shape or form say that we should not lay blame where it belongs.
    They are two separate things.
    I would suggest you try to separate them.



    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Whether you like it or not, you cannot blame people who don't have their full capacities (as in the case of CHILDREN).
    Everything is not so black and white. (I find myself saying this a lot lately).
    Yes a person can, and yes it is. You are confusing accountability and responsibility. But regardless. She has both in this case.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Some people suffer every day and every minute of their lives with suicidal thoughts and depression! It is a disease and it is NOT their fault!
    No one said it wasn't a disease or that having such was their fault. Did they?
    But it does not change the fact that she is responsible for her actions. Strange that you do not see that.


    Alcoholism is a disease also. One that while inebriated, puts one in a state of diminished capacity. But if they make a decision in such diminished capacity to get behind the wheel and drive, I bet you will hold them responsible for their actions in a heart beat. Even when they haven't hurt anyone.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Thank you for admitting to that. If she was unstable AND a child, then there are TWO things which make her NOT responsible.
    Admitting that? There was nothing to admit. In addition, and you seem confused, because I already stated it previously.
    But it in no way makes her not responsible, because she most definitely is.



    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    NO she isn't, whether you like it or not. Teen years are full of angst and pain. Teen's brains are not yet equipped to deal with a LOT of emotional/mental things. Teens and children DO NOT realize the permanency or destructiveness of their decisions. That is why they are considered CHILDREN. I don't know why you cannot grasp that simple concept.
    Of course she is responsible for her actions. Your simple concept is just that. Simple. Nor does it make the person not responsible for their actions.
    eg: The girl who beat her up is then has no responsibility under your simple theory.

  8. #148
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    If I were a betting man, I'd wager a lot on the following: those who defend bullying, or who minimize its effect on the weak, are or were bullies themselves. Those who bully, or who take pleasure in inflicting emotional and/or physical harm on their victims are defective human beings.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  9. #149
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    The flaw is that unlike newspapers, print media, television and radio, websites are exempt liable and slander laws plus are protected in shielding those who post libel and slander. If that bizarre unique protection was removed, the Internet would be 100 times safer.

  10. #150
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: The bullies win again[W710; 739]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    If I were a betting man, I'd wager a lot on the following: those who defend bullying, or who minimize its effect on the weak, are or were bullies themselves. Those who bully, or who take pleasure in inflicting emotional and/or physical harm on their victims are defective human beings.
    I would say you are wrong.
    Secondly; Bullying/teasing is part of human nature.
    The defective ones, are the ones who take their own life over it.

Page 15 of 90 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •