Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 175

Thread: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax Plan

  1. #151
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    That's okay. Marginally better than Obama is much better than Obama.
    What amazes me is how many times I hear conservative commentators talking about excellence being good and the core of what makes America awesome and any mediocrity being what's increasingly wrong with America -- only to hear thinking like this when it comes to the two party system.

    Marginally better than something is not much better than something, and proponents of the two-party system (such as yourself) deserve everything get when "the other guy" wins.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  2. #152
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    03-24-13 @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    133

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    ALL of the government services I use I pay for with fees and excise taxes of some sort. I'm a logistics company so I will list some of the the taxes I pay for utilizing the roads. It should be enlightning for you. Isnt that nice of them? I hope you have a better idea what I am talking about, especially when I say with "enthusiasim" I am Taxed Enough Already.
    I've been in transportation for 20 yrs. Air Freight most of it. I'm fully aware of the costs. I also know you get more out of your "tax" dollars then you pay in.

    Most of the taxes you speak of are not FEDERAL TAXES. If you have a problem with those other taxes, take that up with the politicians who have control over those.

    When it comes time to benefit from things that are FEDERALLY financed, stating you paid state and local sales taxes just doesn't cut it.

  3. #153
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,851

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    What amazes me is how many times I hear conservative commentators talking about excellence being good and the core of what makes America awesome and any mediocrity being what's increasingly wrong with America -- only to hear thinking like this when it comes to the two party system.

    Marginally better than something is not much better than something, and proponents of the two-party system (such as yourself) deserve everything get when "the other guy" wins.
    shrug...

    You can have it your way if you like...personally, I'll take marginally better than Obama any day.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  4. #154
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    shrug...

    You can have it your way if you like...personally, I'll take marginally better than Obama any day.
    In which case you're not interested in solving the problem, just in slowing the rate of acceleration towards disaster.

    Either way, you're voting for the guy that will see to it that we're heading there faster in 4 years than we are today.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  5. #155
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,851

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    In which case you're not interested in solving the problem, just in slowing the rate of acceleration towards disaster.

    Either way, you're voting for the guy that will see to it that we're heading there faster in 4 years than we are today.
    Oh, I am quite interested in seeing our problems solved...that's why I will do my part to ensure a Republican majority in our government. Furthermore, I am quite convinced that even without a majority, our rate of acceleration toward disaster will be slowed and even reversed under Romney.

    The fact is...we WILL achieve disaster much quicker under Obama because he advocates a government solution...and government is the problem.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  6. #156
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,922

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by EyesWideOpen View Post
    I've been in transportation for 20 yrs. Air Freight most of it. I'm fully aware of the costs. I also know you get more out of your "tax" dollars then you pay in.

    Most of the taxes you speak of are not FEDERAL TAXES. If you have a problem with those other taxes, take that up with the politicians who have control over those.

    When it comes time to benefit from things that are FEDERALLY financed, stating you paid state and local sales taxes just doesn't cut it.
    Glad we are the same page then you know that the FEDERAL tax that is paid for the highway system I use amounts to a substatial sum which by the way if you take a gander at the federal CAFR report you would see more than covers the federal transportation budget. A substantial amount (approximately 30%) of fees I pay in FEDERAL tax is used in OTHER than highway use. If you are in the industry you would know that. Among the uses being bicycle ways and trees and scenic overlooks NOT on highways and also expended on light rail systems. I dont mind paying for the highway since I use it, I do mind paying for stuff not associated with highways. Those excise taxes and fuel taxes and tire taxes and road taxes and other taxes are supposed to keep the roads and bridges maintained in good order, and make sure the bridges dont fall down like happened in Minnisota. The state taxes are just icing on the cake. I know for a fact that I pay MORE than sufficent amounts of money to maintaine and IMPROVE the roads I use.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  7. #157
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Oh, I am quite interested in seeing our problems solved...that's why I will do my part to ensure a Republican majority in our government. Furthermore, I am quite convinced that even without a majority, our rate of acceleration toward disaster will be slowed and even reversed under Romney.
    Right.

    Because Republican majorities have been super effective for fixing our problems in the past.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Right.

    Because Republican majorities have been super effective for fixing our problems in the past.
    This is less of a party issue than a candidate issue.

    We all know that Obama is an incompetent and that Romney has been a success during his entire career.

    The choice should be glaringly obvious.

  9. #159
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    This is less of a party issue than a candidate issue.

    We all know that Obama is an incompetent and that Romney has been a success during his entire career.

    The choice should be glaringly obvious.
    It absolutely is a party issue. Both sides sell out to monied interests (in some cases, the same ones), both sides say one thing to get elected then do another thing in office then spin everything yet again for the second election, neither side has any interest in seriously debating the issues of the day, both sides prefer increasingly hysterical sound bites, both sides prefer to look like they're solving a problem rather than actually solving it or admitting they can't, both sides do everything they can to rig the electoral process so that we're stuck with a two-party system.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #160
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,851

    Re: Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax P

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Right.

    Because Republican majorities have been super effective for fixing our problems in the past.
    You are perfectly welcome to live in the past. I decline.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •